Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Musical Instruments

ProjectRKA

I'm learning how to play the piano at the moment the hardest thing about it I think is learning how to read sheet music other then that I think it's an awesome instrument to learn :)

I played cornet (like a trumpet) through middle and high school - marching, symphonic band, etc.

Once in a while I'll pull it out and play for a couple minutes, but I'm not as good as I used to be.

(edited)

*Raises hoof* Is mayonaise an instrument?

Moving on..Voice has and always has been my only instrument.Unless you count an app on the iphone where you pretend you're playing the keyboard.*Shot*

It's always been my dream to learn how to play the Violin.

Deathflame.

Edited by Deathflame

I used to play piano. I was learning to play piano for 7 years, however nowadays don't really have much time and kind of forgot most of it. But my little brother does magic with piano!

I play the alto saxophone, I'm approaching a decade of playing alto sax. I just started to learn the violin. I've been slacking off on violin practice though, the same as when I was learning to play the sax derpy_emoticon2.png

Oh, and I learned the old fashioned way, by book, so I know how read music. I spend more time learning songs by ear, but I do play sheet music as well. It's a nice, mixed skill set to have.

(edited)

I play:

Trombone (my pride and joy)

Saxophone (Bari mostly but I also have altos)

Trumpet (not as much as my trombone)

French Horn (not as much as my trombone)

Mountain Dulcimer

Button Box Accordion (otherwise known as a squeezebox) I have 5 different ones that I play, from Cajun to Bandoneon

Strumstick

Bodhran

Native American Flute (Navajo, Incan, and a personalized one that has a drone)

Bamboo saxophone (different from a normal sax, but has a tenor sax mouthpiece)

and recorder....

yeah...I like music, even got an eighth note tattoo on my left wrist...

Edit: should probably also say how long I've been playing....Trombone 10 years, Sax 7 years, and the rest I have been playing between 5 and 2 years.  Haven't picked up anything new recently because I am focusing on my folk instruments for the time being....

Edited by Treble Bolt

• 5 months later...

I actually play two.

For most of my life, I've played the Alto Saxophone, but recently, I have started to pick up on the Tenor Saxophone, which in my opinion, is the coolest sounding instrument ever.

Edited by ~Chaotic Flipturn~

I actually play two.

For most of my life, I've played the Alto Saxophone, but recently, I have started to pick up on the Tenor Saxophone, which in my opinion, is the coolest sounding instrument ever.

Just letting you know that I've moved your thread over to our larger one discussing what instruments we play, as it is better suited as a response here. :)

I play a few different instruments. If you wanna count singing as an instrument then that's one. Besides that I play the piano and the drums.

Well I don't have a picture, but I play the French Horn. I have for about 6 years now.

I in addition can also play the flugal horn, the marching horn, and I don't, but I could play the trumpet, cuz it's very easy to transpose the notes.

I also have the fingers to be an excellent piano player, but I haven't played in so long. I still play stuff sometimes, but I cant transpose the music notes to the keys quickly, so what I do is just memorize it and play without music.

I also have a ukulala(sp????), but never learned it.

I play acoustic guitar, 6 string electric guitar and soon I will add 8 string to my collection. I play them for 6 years but I consider myself amateur (I have some riffs written by me though). 

• Brohoof 1

I've played the piano since I was somewhere around seven years old. I quit taking lessons a couple years ago because my teacher would only give me classical features that I hated.

Now I just play in my free time when there's a piano available (not so often now that I'm living in a dorm). I also play the drums, although not as much.

I don't play any instruments, I have a piano and an acoustic guitar but I don't know how to play on the piano. I could play a little, like the titanic theme song. On guitar I could play a few songs, but forgot all of them. So I don't play any instruments at the moment.

Unless my voice counts as an instrument, I can sing.. Not really but still, I do sometimes. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

The only instrument that I am even a bit close to decent at is piano but I am not exactly good at reading music and I am only mediocre at best really. Any other instrument, I have not bothered much, mainly because I am not talented in anything else. I would like to try drums or bass at some point though because I do like the rhythm sections the most, but I am more than likely no good at those either.

I used to play the clarinet, but I don't anymore.

Other than that, I don't play any instruments. I do, however, plan on learning the piano and violin when I'm older. Both beautifully sounding instruments, may I add. 

• 4 months later...