Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Musical Instruments

ProjectRKA

omg! this is my place to be. i love ALL MUSIC. i play the alto sax, the tenor sax, the trumpet, the piano, the flute, and i own a violin but don't play it. i'm in 3 different bands XD

I play the trumpet. I started playing in 4th grade and now I'm in 10th. So looong. I want to learn how to play other instruments when I have the time and money, like trombone, piano, and a woodwind (flute or clarinet.) Both of my brothers play the clarinet, I'm the only brass player! I also play the snare drum in my school's drumline, but I've only been playing for about a year. I guess I'm pretty good though, because I got the Most Improved award at the end of basketball season.

I play the Baritone (Since 6th grade) As well as the Drumset(7 years now)

But i think I prefer Brass to percussion, I love the sound quality and it packs

so much intensity in philharmonics and orchestras :wub:

(edited)

I would really love to play bassoon, because it´s sound is awesome, but I don´t have enough time to learn... :(

Oh, no no no no - you don't want to do that. Trust me. Whatever has possessed you to make you want to learn such an instrument must be overcome. Unless you are a natural, the instrument is a complete pain in the butt to learn and play. When everybody else in the band (except for maybe the oboists and french horn players) are all doing so well with their instruments, you'll still be sitting there trying to make sure that you do every little tiny thing exactly right just so things don't go horribly wrong.

The instrument is torture, and only for those who are crazy. So, save yourself and give up such ambitions. Even if you ever think you have enough time - No amount of time could ever be enough.

...April Fools! Ha! Well... Kind of. What I said above is the exaggerated truth. =P But don't let that turn you away from it if you want to play it. In all honesty, I don't feel like I would ever satisfied mastering any other instrument now. It has to be the bassoon and only the bassoon. Perhaps I am slightly crazy for that, but at least I finally settled down on one instrument. lol.

Edited by Envy

I play recorder... I don't know if that counts though... I have played it since 3rd grade, I think.

I also play Tuba in my school band... I have played it since 6th grade.

I'm learning guitar... I mostly teach myself, but I hope to get in a class soon.

I wish I played Sitar, Piano, Bass and Saxaphone.

This might get updated.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have/ play; guitar, bass, piano, drums, violin, trumpet, a little bit of cello, banjo, the marimba and I doodle in electronic music from time to time.

The main reason I play so many is because I am one of the main reps for my schools music program and because the more instruments you have experience with, the better it looks to the heads of university music departments.

I major in classical and jazz guitar and minor in piano, but I try to play as many styles as possible.

I have played guitar for I think 6 years now and everything else cam shortly after.

I really would LOVE to play the sitar. I had a chance to get my hands on one about two years ago and I missed it. Ever since then I have wanted one real bad! :lol:

Edited by Cloud-Kicker
  • Brohoof 1

I have a Yamaha PSR-170 that I play some times, I'd play it more but my new computer doesn't have a midi ports like my last one did and I haven't got around to getting midi to usb hardware

I have play guitar, bass, piano, drums, violin, trumped, a little bit of cello, banjo, the marimba and I doodle in electronic music from time to time.

The only reason I play so many is because I am one of the main reps for my schools music program and because the more instruments you have experience with, the better it looks to the heads of university music departments.

I major in classical and jazz guitar and minor in piano, but I try to play as many styles as possible.

I have played guitar for I think 6 years now and everything else cam shortly after.

I really would LOVE to play the sitar. I had a chance to get my hands on one about two years ago and I missed it. Ever since then I have wanted one real bad! :lol:

The sitar is a cathartic instrument. It takes forever to tune and prepare, so you're in a meditative state by the time you start playing. It's magical.

When you do get one, and you can and will, if you want it badly enough, try to find a guru, though depending on where you live, they may be difficult or impossible to find.

I got mine when my friends all pitched together and bought it through Lark in the Morning: http://larkinam.com/SitarIndia.html

I was taught to play the piano at around age 6, but it was basically just learning to read notes and to play them individually on the piano. I've been playing the guitar for 5 or 6 years now, and that's the only instrument I can actually play well.

I also tried the violin at grade 2 (actually grade 3, but it was the second school year of my life). At the same time I tried the tuba, and managed to get myself into the orchestra. The only problem was that I played the tuba by ear (we had notes, but I still played only by ear), and they had notes there, so I quit quickly :(.

I do not know how to play any instruments, but I have been developing a greater appreciation for classical music, and I would love to learn how to play the violin one day.

• 1 month later...

I play the piano now and then. I used to play it for seven years, but that was almost five years ago. Now I play the piano when I just feel like it.

Oh, and I play my mouth. Lol. (Meaning, I sing.)