Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

Thinking of all the past close internet friends i've had that i've now lost touch with mostly because i've been listening to this Set It Off song

Spoiler

But it's just a painful thought that so many people that i meet online i will never even be able to talk to face to face, I don't know why but i've been thinking about mostly sad things these past few days.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bored, man I wish I hadn't spent so much money on that bike. I have to go back to work on Friday, I wish I could smoke pot without getting a panic attack. Fuck I need to do the dishes, ugh I have laundry that needs doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about how I should feel about the discovery I made today that one of my woodwind photographs ended up as line-art in one of those "adult" coloring books.

On one hand I'm happy that I contributed however indirectly to kind of maybe exposing a wider audience to my favorite instruments through one of my photographs (it's in a general coloring book with all kinds of other things). On the other hand I don't really know how to feel about me never having been communicated with by the author/illustrator.

I know this is the internet. I know my woodwind photos turn up everywhere, but I've only ever seen companies use them to advertise their products, not actually use them in a product.

Maybe I'm just being crazy, it is line-art, not the original. Obviously work was put into it that I did not do. I just feel like it would have been professional to contact me before doing that?

• Brohoof 1

On 10/16/2017 at 11:31 PM, Envy said:

Thinking about how I should feel about the discovery I made today that one of my woodwind photographs ended up as line-art in one of those "adult" coloring books.

On one hand I'm happy that I contributed however indirectly to kind of maybe exposing a wider audience to my favorite instruments through one of my photographs (it's in a general coloring book with all kinds of other things). On the other hand I don't really know how to feel about me never having been communicated with by the author/illustrator.

I know this is the internet. I know my woodwind photos turn up everywhere, but I've only ever seen companies use them to advertise their products, not actually use them in a product.

Maybe I'm just being crazy, it is line-art, not the original. Obviously work was put into it that I did not do. I just feel like it would have been professional to contact me before doing that?

I'd contact an attorney

• Brohoof 1

On 10/16/2017 at 8:31 PM, Envy said:

Don't be afraid defend your property! Kick their thieving butts! 

I WAS thinking about my resin art but now I'm thinking about how stupid art thieves are. Ugh! 

On 10/21/2017 at 10:01 PM, PuddingPonyPal said:

Don't be afraid defend your property! Kick their thieving butts! 

I WAS thinking about my resin art but now I'm thinking about how stupid art thieves are. Ugh! 

Lol. Well at the end of the day it's just a photograph I took and uploaded on deviantArt without a watermark or anything. I still feel like I should have been credited or at least asked.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:50 PM, PiratePony said:

I'd contact an attorney

Oh? That seems so complicated.

I have only seen a screenshot of the book that someone shared on a FB group, so I don't actually have the book to see if I was credited so I don't know.

30 minutes ago, Envy said:

Lol. Well at the end of the day it's just a photograph I took and uploaded on deviantArt without a watermark or anything. I still feel like I should have been credited or at least asked.

Oh? That seems so complicated.

I have only seen a screenshot of the book that someone shared on a FB group, so I don't actually have the book to see if I was credited so I don't know.

Well, it's possible that even if they credited you, because they're using your image for commercial reasons without permission, you might be entitled to financial compensation

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping that someone from my family would be kind enough to actually buy something from my amazon wishlist for once.  Just added a cool hydroponics planter to it that I really want.

I'm wrestling with my emotions- telling myself an awful many times that it matters and is important to say, but not finding the conviction in my own words. Trying really hard to keep that coldness away and stay happy and positive but it isn't my natural state. Alcohol doesn't help like it used to.

I keep writing out messages and deleting them everywhere I go because I say it doesn't matter, but it should. 

Right now, just planning out the night. Got back from urologist & other errands, and just planning when to shower and when to bed. Imma tired. XD

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, mcpon14 said:

What are you having, lol? :)  Can I have some, lol?  

I´m a pony so hay... yes I prefer Hay...... Happy as an Squirrel in the Nuthouse... YAAY !

And what I´m thinking ?

Nooothing..... just empty... at my work, so maybe thinking of my home and how nice it would be to be there instead !

A lot of things haven been on my mind for the past two days. I keep thinking about whether my donation box will be appreciated or not, whether the "net neutrality" thing will come to pass, and about the weird dreams I've been having.   

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

I´m a pony so hay... yes I prefer Hay...... Happy as an Squirrel in the Nuthouse... YAAY !

And what I´m thinking ?

Nooothing..... just empty... at my work, so maybe thinking of my home and how nice it would be to be there instead !

You are actually a cartoon pony and cartoon ponies eat a variety of things, lol. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, mcpon14 said:

You are actually a cartoon pony and cartoon ponies eat a variety of things, lol. :)

Cartoon ? No way this is me.

And the thinking right now is... what will I eat today ? Hay ?

Maybe I should try something completely different... oats ?

• Brohoof 1