Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This scene bothers me...

CosmicHooves

The episode where the main 6 go to visit CloudsDale to see Rainbow Dash preform a sonic rainboom (or something like that) Pinkie Pie sticks her hoof in the vat of liquid Rainbow and licks it.

Ever since I've read "Rainbow Factory" that scene bothers me something fierce.

Haven't read RF can you give me the gist or do I have to go do some reading?

And above is right., if you think like that then seeing Pinkie bake cupcakes should send a chill down your spine but it doesn't because Pinkie is crazy but not psycho.

Edited by Its Rainbow Dash

Haven't read RF can you give me the gist or do I have to go do some reading?

And above is right., if you think like that then seeing Pinkie bake cupcakes should send a chill down your spine but it doesn't because Pinkie is crazy but not psycho.

Basically RD secretly runs a company that grinds the little pegasi who can't fly or have failed the flying tested into liquid rainbow essence.

I would have liked "Rainbow Factory" if it involves more gore and torture.

This is why I adore "Scarlet Harvest" and "Cheerilee's Garden".

You read/listened to the fan fic and you saw a scene that you felt compared to it.

Maybe it was made of ponies, maybe not...?

I doubt it.

I think the show was just trying to be funny.

Oh., doesn't sound that bad though I'm guessing the fic has to do with Scootaloo.

That alone warnts a pass from me I love Scoots and Dash prefer to see em like this., think I'm going to make it my avi again :wub:

Well Scoots isn't so lucky towards the end of the fanfic.

Let me just tell ya that.

I think so too Samurott Rainbows are made of lights passing through a spectrum I think that and light as we know radiates heat so tasting it would prob burn your mouth if not worse., if it was possible of course.

The closest I'll get to tasting the Rainbow is Mixing Skittles into my Trix Cereal.

Yep sugar I feared that poor scoots.

Look, fanon to canon is the same as fiction is to nonfiction. 

1. Ponies can't be blended into rainbows.

2. The rainbows are made from magic in the rainbow factory ran by both unicorns and pegasi. Its basically like magic paint they paint on the sky.

Yeah, I noticed that too as Rainbow Factory was the first to come to mind lol.

I usually soothe my mind and imagine some Gauss Pylon Networks simply erasing a Rainbow Factory controlled Cloudsdale by Equine Space Marines in Ponyville as a big friendly (fuck you we don't need you we can control our own weather) gesture.

This is the nature of fanfics. If an event in the show even closely resembles or hints at an idea that a fanfic writer wrote, then people are naturally going to latch on to it.

Some scenes that remind me of fanfics are:

• "Cupcakes" where Pinkie and Applebloom are baking those delicious treats.
  • "Watching Paint Dry" in Too Many Pinkie Pies reminds me of the fanfic that goes by the same name

I don't let these scenes in the show bother me anymore. Like many people have said before me, it isn't cannon.

It's just a fan fic, lime most people said, I keep fan fics and the show separate. Also Rainbow Factory is very mild compared to some of the fan fics I have read. :)

Ever since I've read "Rainbow Factory" that scene bothers me something fierce.

This is why some members should stay away from the dark parts of the fandom. :/

I agree with what @theguy159 said though, keep (some of) the fan-made stuff in your head, and the show separate.

Sometimes, they don't mix very well, like this. :/

I've only read My little Dashie, Cupcakes, Twi and Me, Sweet apple massacre, and "Simple" in fimfiction, but I've decided that I can't be bothered to read anything else. But I can see where you're coming from.

• 7 years later...
On 2014-03-27 at 9:45 PM, theguy159 said:

I keep fanfiction and the show separate in my head.  I've also read rainbow factory and still view the episodes the same way I did before I read it.

Same as me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm aware of Rainbow Factory, Cupcake etc. I have not read these stories and never will. What I love and adore in this show has nothing to do these kinds of stories. Therefore I personally have no problem with this scene. But I can see why people can have a problem with it. Actually there are some moments distributed over the nine seasons where you can make some connections ... 

I have no good suggestions for people who are consuming these kind of fanfics. Best thing is to try to keep separated 

• Brohoof 1