Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You Show The Ponies What Disasters Earth Is Capable Of (How Do They React?)

GXPBlast

(edited)

So lets say you are living in Equestria for some time and many ponies have questions about the type of stuff you experience on Earth.

Before you came to Equestria you were allowed to bring anything you wanted and one of the things you brought was a projector screen, your computer and other electronics to share with the ponies or for your own entertainment. Also you bring a solar powered generator capable of powering such things

One day the mane 6 including along princesses come to your place to check out these "videos" and movies that us humans enjoy. You and the ponies have a grand time as they were very interested and excited to see the stuff us humans have made through movies.

After some action movies and documentary films about multiple subjects including weather and the environment. Rainbow Dash excitingly asks what type of weather us humans can make. You respond well it happens naturally and you go about how dangerous the weather can be sometimes.

Rainbow Dash brushes it off and says that she and other Pegasus can probably make weather that if super crazy and 20% cooler/dangerous that Earth can produce. You silently laugh since you have yet to show the ponies the natural disasters that Earth can produce.

Twilight later asks if you can show them the dangerous types of disasters Earth has to deal and being the science pony, she is really interested.

You warn them that what they are about to see might really scare them and is not something equestria has seen. Celestia and Luna interject and out of interest and curiosity they both also request with much interest of what humans are forced to deal with from their own planet. Looking at all the other mane six they all also want to see.

Rainbow Dash says she is interested to see as well but being the way she is she thinks Earth weather is no way cooler or dangerous then the Pegasus weather. You chuckle knowing she is for in a big surprise. You also mention to the ponies that weather is not the only danger.

Well you set up your surround sounds and set up the projector to full HD that fills the entire wall of your house.

You show them these videos from a famous disaster movies and say this is what Earth is capable of.

Edited by FurzVette
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Science of the videos aside, since this is the first glance of what Earth is capable of to the ponies how do you thin each would react?

Edited by FurzVette

Well, the weather in that movie is just CJI and special effect (obviously) but aside from that if you showed them an actual tornado destroying a small town on earth or something like that, I am pretty sure they would be utterly mortified and in shock of what Earth is capable of, in fact it could even be dangerous showing them that footage because their minds tend to be much more innocent than a humans and it could actually leave some mental scars on the poor ponies minds! :blush:

(edited)

They would probably be pretty scared.

Well, if they got through that, might as well pump up the pressure.

Dont you think it would wipe the smirk of RD face  thinking Pegasus can make worse storms XD.

I think this would be not 20% more dangerous/cooler but 100% more deadly.

Edited by FurzVette
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll show them the recent supertyphoon that devastated the Central Philippines...

I guess Rainbow Dash will be amazed of that... ^_^

Edited by GeometryMath Algebra
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

They'd probably freak out with all the action and violence! They might hurl when they watch the Walking Dead! I'm a fan of the show myself but since Equestrians aren't used to blood and gore, it'll be a weird and gross experience.

Edited by XxConfusedUnicornxX

I would show them documentaries of how the Earth was born, and how we evolved from the mighty Dinosaurs.

I think after getting over the potential fright of the storms, I think they would feel extremely bad for us considering these natural disasters can happen with out warning and cause that much damage. If even a small tornado was to form by itself over Ponyville then the whole town would be blown away, and lets not even imagine the damage a F5 tornado could do. It would probably destroy half of Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They'd freak out, a lot. And have nightmares.

applejack_and_rarity_screaming_by_takua7

365_day_190_pinkie_pie_gasp_by_korikian-

Ponies seeing such violence and destruction Earth has the possibilities of unlike Equestria would be the last thing we would want to see. :(

Fluttershy's case would be much worse, she would have a heart attack.

Edited by SnipSnap

They'd freak out, a lot. And have nightmares.

img-2472857-1-applejack_and_rarity_screa

img-2472857-2-365_day_190_pinkie_pie_gas

Ponies seeing such violence and destruction Earth has the possibilities of unlike Equestria would be the last thing we would want to see. :(

Fluttershy's case would be much worse, she would have a heart attack.

Those reaction images are just awesome lol.

Well, if I should them natural disaster on Earth, they'd probably not sleep for months...............If I should them man-made disasters on Earth, they'd call us "Monsters"

Rainbow Dash would be confused and kind of excited, because she dosen't know anything else other than controlling the weather.

Storm Chasing would be so awesome...

(edited)

I would then reveal it as my motivation for an overcomplicated and implausible Xanatos Gambit to force magic onto Earth.

Then, TV Tropes would finally add me to their Woobie, Destroyer Of Worlds section.

That would not be "Natural Disasters" that Earth faces. But I guess it would be interesting.

Edited by GXPBlast