Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UNOFFICIAL] 2014 MLP Forums March Madness National Champion - *H*I*S*H*E*

Thrashy

107 users have voted

1. 1. Who will be the one pony to rule them all?

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie

First of all, damn. Second of all, well done to Pinkie's supporters! A hard fought battle like that leaves even the runner-up proud to have participated. We'll get yah next year! :D

Well, since Rarity can't be the champion, I'll have to vote for my second best pony, Applejack.

post-2257-0-23549500-1397080428_thumb.png

Come on everybody! Let's have a new champion! She needs that blue ribbon!

• Brohoof 2

Well, lookie here! We got the two earth ponies of the Mane Six in the final round! Who would have predicted that from the start? I am a bit bummed that the Fluttershy fans were MIA for this tourney's prior round. The Flutter flock kept things an absolute nail biter in Doc's tournament. I guess you Flutterhards lost your will to fight or just didn't know about this new tournament in time? :huh:

I know a lot of people were pulling for a Rarijack final, and I admit that I initially was too, not only because Pinkie Pie was a finalist and champion once before, but also because Rarity is a bit of an underdog like Applejack in terms of popularity contests. Still, a Pinkie Apple Pie finale is pretty darn special too. Pinkie Pie became somewhat of a second favorite pony for me this season after having stellar episodes all around, and I think the fact that she's part of the Apple Family now makes her even more lovable. Congrats to Pinkie for making it this far. I honestly thought she would have been toast against Twilight or Rarity. :)

Looks like Applejack is on top for the time being. I think with every feat Applejack has accomplished across the two tournament threads, it's safe to say that the we, the Applejack fanbase, have made an impressive statement. This "background pony" is one that we will fight passionately for, and we know how to rally! And with that, Applejack gets my vote in hopes that she can FINALLY win a character poll, but you knew that already! ;)

But because I love both finalists more than words can express, have some Apple Pie! Cheers!

hanging_with_my_cousins_by_ctb_36-d7c9z3

wake_up__by_cannibalus-d6clhji.png

pie_vs_cake_by_hua113-d75aqg7.jpg

apple_and_pie_by_tsitra360-d73k723.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Well, lookie here! We got the two earth ponies of the Mane Six in the final round! Who would have predicted that from the start? I am a bit bummed that the Fluttershy fans were MIA for this tourney's prior round. The Flutter flock kept things an absolute nail biter in Doc's tournament. I guess you Flutterhards lost your will to fight or just didn't know about this new tournament in time? :huh:

Make that AND, Sugar Cube. My numbers might be a little off, but I'm pretty sure this round got about half the votes of the original tourney's final four round. So it's safe to say there were a LOT of people who either didn't know about this new thread or didn't care. In that scenario, the first people you're going to lose will be the ones who were the least directly engaged.

And judging by the number of pics and vids going up as visible signs of support in the discussion thread, it's also safe to say that would be the Flutter flock. Quite a few of us just showed up and voted, and didn't feel the need to do it all again. (ESPECIALLY after Fluttershy came out ahead in that final round vote on Sunday. I think that might have at least a few people thinking "who cares, we already won".)

There's a lot of possible explanations for the lack of turnout, and I'd guess the best answer is "a little bit of all of it".

• Brohoof 2

A vote for Applejack is a vote for a hard working pony. Don't let that hard work go to waste.

I love Applejack as much as the next pony, BUT....

Pinkie works hard too. She works real hard to put a smile on everypony's face.

• Brohoof 2

Well, looks like unless we get an overwhelming group of Pinkie Pie fans by tomorrow morning, Pinkie won't win.

Good game, Applejack - but.

THIS ISN'T OVER! Pinkie shall claim victory soon!

(edited)

Well, there you have it, my little ponies.

With a total of 54 votes, it seems our unofficial champion is the one, the only...

APPLEJACK

tumblr_lwye9iidzk1r8k5p5o1_500.gif

Pinkie Pie reached a not-too-far behind total of 43 votes, and occupies the second place slot alongside her maybe-sorta-kinda cousin. Not bad at all!

3cc43dc9.gif

Well, that does it, fillies and gentlecolts. While it's impossible to say conclusively whether this really would've been the final outcome of the original tournament, it was certainly a strong probability. I want to thank everyone who participated (surprised me how many of you actually did :lol: ), and above all else, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. :)

And with that, I leave you with a brohoof and a platter of apple fritters, compliments of our champion!

190415__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_s

/)

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 14

You mean, you weren't gonna tell us this poll was all pointless, and you secretly already had planned to have the winner be something else?

Like secretly making Diamond Tiara the winner, because her daddy paid you off? :P

• Brohoof 3

Holy crap that AJ victory! Well March Madness is sort of weird and stuff now because of what happened, but... eh. Even if it's lost a lot of the impact, it's still nice to see AJ as an underdog coming up.

You mean, you weren't gonna tell us this poll was all pointless, and you secretly already had planned to have the winner be something else?

Like secretly making Diamond Tiara the winner, because her daddy paid you off? :P

Nah, I don't think there's any sum Filthy could bribe me to make me cheat AJ out of her hard-earned victory. :yay:

<"Hey! It's Rich. RICH!"

Well, I'm not hurt that Pinkie lost, I'm hurt that the majority of her fanbase left both the official tournament and this over a couple of bad seeds who hurt other ponies.

Those ponies ought to be ashamed of themselves.

As if we bronies don't get a bad enough rep as it is, fighting amongst one another and acting like jerks in direct opposite to the lessons and moral fiber of the show we love, no wonder so many people hate us.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not hurt that Pinkie lost, I'm hurt that the majority of her fanbase left both the official tournament and this over a couple of bad seeds who hurt other ponies.

Those ponies ought to be ashamed of themselves.

As if we bronies don't get a bad enough rep as it is, fighting amongst one another and acting like jerks in direct opposite to the lessons and moral fiber of the show we love, no wonder so many people hate us.

Sadly, there really isn't any fandom out there, that doesn't have that kind of shit.

Sadly, there really isn't any fandom out there, that doesn't have that kind of shit.

But why can't we be different? We're all about a show that promotes love and friendship, yet people post some untasteful images that are generally insulting over A GAME. I'm not even gonna mention my opinion on cloppers because I'm TRYING to keep the peace. WHy don't we all just take a lesson from MLP and act like we have some level of sense. 

But why can't we be different? We're all about a show that promotes love and friendship, yet people post some untasteful images that are generally insulting over A GAME. I'm not even gonna mention my opinion on cloppers because I'm TRYING to keep the peace. WHy don't we all just take a lesson from MLP and act like we have some level of sense. 

Star Trek has been teaching unity, cooperation, equality, and peace for 50+ years, and even that fandom will have people at each other's throats over stupid things. Unfortunately, humans have a long way to go, before lessons like that, and ones from MLP or even Power Rangers, will sink in.

• Brohoof 1

Many congratulations to Applejack and her fans for pulling this win out :). It was at least a little tricky to have to choose between my two second favorites, but in the end how could you not vote for this lovely pony?

img-2510284-1-mlp_applejack_by_zoiby-d7c

While this contest left a lot of people frustrated and angry, I think it's only fitting that the Applejack fans came through to carry their mare to victory. From what I've seen, they were earnest, kind, supportive, vocal and demonstrated very good sportsmanship and a sense of community, both amongst each other and towards fans of other characters. Which isn't saying that fans of other ponies didn't compete well of course, but it's something I noticed particularly with the AJ army. I also enjoyed the chance to read many a good post by members like Stellafera, Batbrony and Sugar Cube :D. And even if Pinkie didn't come out on top, she's proven herself to be a very consistently beloved pony here, having at least reached the final in every tournament. Hats off to our runner up as well :)

img-2510284-2-pinkie_apple_pie_by_silber

And a big thanks to Thrash for putting this together for fans to get some closure :). To give people some time to notice and talk about the results, I'll be unpinning this sometime tomorrow afternoon unless someone beats me to it. Hope everybody had fun, and that we can bring good competitive spirit to the World Cup this summer.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 10

What happened in the "official version" was unfortunate as I have said before and if I had to do it over again I simply would have expressed my initial distaste and then moved on and either did what Thrashy did by starting an "unofficial" contest or throw my support behind it if someone beat me to the punch. I was mad, I still am to be honest and probably will never trust the host of the "official" version ever again but the fact is I still could have handled myself a lot better. Of course the good news is contrary to some predictions of history repeating itself or this being a "shitstorm" as one user put it fans of Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack have proven all of them wrong by having this thing go off without any major incidents at least that I am aware of. 

The final two saw two of my top 3 ponies against each other, Applejack and Pinkie Pie who I have always liked but for different reasons. With Applejack I see a level of personal strength that I find admirable and inspirational, I see somepony who went through far more in her short time than many go through in a lifetime yet with ability to come out of it stronger than ever. With Pinkie Pie I see somepony who tries to see the good in everything and does her best to make everyone smile and have a good time. It is because these and other traits from both of them were presented so well that PinkieApplepie is my favorite episode of this season. Though Rainbow Dash and Twilight have overtaken her for my second favorite pony that episode has reminded me of why I had her there to being with back when I first started watching.

applejack_draws_with_pinkie_pie__by_baku

lol__i_m_pinkie_pie_by_zorbitas-d72q3zv.

• Brohoof 4