Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Mane 6 met Jesus?

PonyFunk

• What would their reaction be to seeing Him perform His miracles?
  • Would they accept and love Him?
  • Would Twilight want to spend time studying His Word?
  • Would the Elements of Harmony be replaced by one stronger element...Love?

This is a topic that I think should be discussed among us. 

At the risk of sounding terrible, Discord's "miracles" were far more impressive.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty sure there was a fanfic on this. It's on fimfiction, fluttershy drinks tea with Jesus or something like that. They seemed to get along pretty well. I think they'd like each other, but I'm doubtful they would become Christian or anything like that. I don't think the Christian god would have any sort of power over equestria.

I didn't read this before I made my comment, else I'd have quoted this when I made it. But basically, what I said a couple posts up.

I didn't read this before I made my comment, else I'd have quoted this when I made it. But basically, what I said a couple posts up.

Perhaps. But we've seen ponies commit acts of violence, and show personality traits like envy, greed, and arrogance. They are certainly better off than humans in some manners, but not free of sin by any means.

Although the ponies would be skeptical at first, Jesus would assure them that He, being the Son of God, is caring and loving. If Twilight told Him about The Elements of Harmony, He would tell them that everyone possesses those traits in their hearts. Oh sure they're not perfect. Once Jesus told them about sins, Rarity would be a little bit of a drama queen and be like "Oh Jesus! Please forgive me! I am a sinner! I don't wanna suffer! Please, please please!!!" Jesus would say He already forgave her. Once He says that, everyone would be in shock. Twilight would ask: "But...how can you just forgive people like that?". Jesus would tell her because He loves her. He would also say he hates the sin, but not the sinner. Then they would go into other stuff...but when they get to his crucifixion and resurrection  that's when things would get interesting. They wouldn't really think that it was possible; but you know how it goes, Jesus would prove to them....

...but what if Celestia walked in and Jesus had converted the Mane 6?

• Brohoof 1

Well, probably tell them they are going to hell since they don't have souls.   

They aren't children of god afterall,   that's humans,  made in his image,   only things made in him image get in.

• Brohoof 2

I still just can't picture any of the mane six aside from maybe applejack being religious at all. So I don't think they'd convert or follow Jesus. It just goes against their characters in my opinion...

Not that they wouldn't like his teachings, I just can't see them converting or anything like that

Edited by ~LoSt SoLe~

Perhaps. But we've seen ponies commit acts of violence, and show personality traits like envy, greed, and arrogance. They are certainly better off than humans in some manners, but not free of sin by any means.

True, true. Hmm....

It could be that just had a different plan for them, then. Or maybe He just hadn't sent their Messiah yet.

True, true. Hmm....

It could be that just had a different plan for them, then. Or maybe He just hadn't sent their Messiah yet.

Who's to say he hasn't? If ponies are anything like humans, then not all of them would believe it. Jesus apparently showed up quite a while ago, and there are plenty of people who don't believe in him. I don't believe in the bible, even if I do like a lot of Jesus's teachings.

Or maybe he has sent some messiah's. Maybe we watch them every Saturday.

Who's to say he hasn't? If ponies are anything like humans, then not all of them would believe it. Jesus apparently showed up quite a while ago, and there are plenty of people who don't believe in him. I don't believe in the bible, even if I do like a lot of Jesus's teachings.

True dat, true dat. In which case, it would seem sort of redundant to send this world's Jesus to talk to them. :D

Assuming that Celestia and Luna already perform roles of religious magnitude (they're demi-gods), another religious figure would be, well, odd.  Assuming Jesus shows up as he does in the Bible, some would be skeptical at first, but they'd gradually accept him and befriend him.  A man in Equestria is always a strange concept, though.  Eventually, many if not all of the Mane 6 would believe in God and Jesus' capabilities.  They may dismiss him as an impostor at times, but each time Jesus would prove otherwise.  They may not think much of his miracles since unicorn magic can replicate some of them.  Now, we reach an impasse.  I don't think it would be possible for both Christianity and the Equestrian alicorns to coexist, but for some reason, the impossible happens.  At this point, anything could happen (probably bad).

Hmmm, this would make a good fanfiction. What happens when a group of 6 fictional characters capable of magic meet another fictional character capable of magic?

ouch... shots have been fired. Now awaiting reaction and hoping it doesn't turn into a shitstorm :umad:
  • Brohoof 2

@@cuteycindyhoney,

You could view Discord as an allegory for a demon. Jesus has not shown better feats than Satan either and it's not really so much his miracles, it's the way he acts. You know, the washing the feet thing, healing everyone, accepting children, etc. 

• Impressed but not really blown away. Twilight has shown she can walk on water, and arguably Pinkie pulls off more insane stuff.

• Well of course they would! You have to be a major douche for the Mane Six to NOT like you, and Jesus was way cool!

buddy_christ.jpg

• Of course she would! Twilight could find anything fascinating to study, and she's shown she doesn't mind being taught by teachers other than Celestia.

• Well, I think the Elements of Harmony together have the connotations of love already. "Magic" pretty much means phillia or "filly-a"!  :P *BANG* All right! Jesus, and I thought the tomatoes were bad.  :okiedokielokie: Anyway, I think Jesus' "love" has been pretty well covered in the given source material. Love of family, love of friends, love of spouse. Love of God is often interpreted as "charity" and I think we all know a certain fashionable mare who represents that quite well.
  • Brohoof 2

@,

AJ mentions sin, so there's that

@@StarSwirlTheBearded,

You could say that the alicorns are like angels

she does? I don't remember that. What episode?

Also, steel makes a good point. Pinkie does stuff that'd make Jesus go "doitagaindoitagain!" Lol

@,

Bats.

"They're big and ugly and mean as sin! Would you look at the state my trees are in!?" 

Pinkie operates on rule of funny, she isn't consistent. And Jesus doing all that when he is of a species Twilight believes to be ordinary would be interesting

@,

Bats.

"They're big and ugly and mean as sin! Would you look at the state my trees are in!?" 

Pinkie operates on rule of funny, she isn't consistent. And Jesus doing all that when he is of a species Twilight believes to be ordinary would be interesting

oh, I remember that. It's not really a direct reference to anything, just emphasizing how ugly and mean they are lol.

And here's how I imagine a conversation between Jesus and pinkie would go...

Pinkie: hey hey hey, mister Jesus! Wanna see something really awesome?!!

Jesus: yes child, just let me finish a miracle first. *turns a glass of water into wine*

Pinkie: *gasps* WWWOOOOOOOW!! That. Was. AWESOME!! Howdidyoudothaaat?!

Jesus: *laughs* it was a miracle. Now, what was it you wanted to show me?

Pinkie: oh yeah! Watch this! *grows fingers*

Jesus: *dafuq face* how did YOU do that??

Pinkie: the magic of friendship silly! *smiles innocently*

Assuming that Celestia and Luna already perform roles of religious magnitude (they're demi-gods), another religious figure would be, well, odd.  Assuming Jesus shows up as he does in the Bible, some would be skeptical at first, but they'd gradually accept him and befriend him.  A man in Equestria is always a strange concept, though.  Eventually, many if not all of the Mane 6 would believe in God and Jesus' capabilities.  They may dismiss him as an impostor at times, but each time Jesus would prove otherwise.  They may not think much of his miracles since unicorn magic can replicate some of them.  Now, we reach an impasse.  I don't think it would be possible for both Christianity and the Equestrian alicorns to coexist, but for some reason, the impossible happens.  At this point, anything could happen (probably bad).

I concur with this post as well...........btw, not to go over board, but I had always saw Celestia and Luna as Demi-Gods, instead of actual gods.