Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Mane 6 met Jesus?

PonyFunk

• What would their reaction be to seeing Him perform His miracles?
  • Would they accept and love Him?
  • Would Twilight want to spend time studying His Word?
  • Would the Elements of Harmony be replaced by one stronger element...Love?

This is a topic that I think should be discussed among us. 

• Brohoof 3

This is assuming Jesus actually existed and holds the position he does in the mythos of the Bible, by your wording. In that case I think he'd be pretty taken with the Mane Six and vice versa, though there might be issue when it comes to getting the Mane Six to actually look up to God... I mean, they do already have the Princesses. So I think they'd part on good terms, but with the Mane Six distinctly being not Christian.

• Brohoof 2

They'd like him a lot. RD and Twilight would be skeptical at first, but Pinkie and Fluttershy would be friendly right away. Rarity would be confused but pleased while AJ would enjoy his teachings about love and care. Twilight would at first be paranoid of the miracles, but accept them like with Zecora. 

Twilight would probably study his word, she likes morality and the like

I don't think he would replace the Elements, Friendship and Love are very similar. He'd probably appreciate the Elements and declare them holy

Jesus was provoked and said unto him, "Thou shalt not finish thy course." And immediately he fell down and died.

-- Infancy Gospel of Thomas 4:1

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18948_5-real-deleted-bible-scenes-in-which-jesus-kicks-some-ass.html#ixzz2ycKlz5YW

That was in his punk years, Jesus was a pot head at that time

• Brohoof 1

The Mane 6 would first be like 'WTF' but eventually take him to Celestia. Celestia would be skeptical, but they would accept him and I doubt they'd treat him like a god or a messiah, they'd treat him as a friend in need. The ponies of Equestria, however, would probably treat him more like an oversized monkey that can turn water into wine.

• Brohoof 6

i honestly don't think they would see him as how the people on earth see him. 

i know religion is a touchy subject, but from a purely neutral point of view i have to say that they would just treat him like a lost stranger. 

even if he performed his miracles, they wouldn't  be impressed. since even the most basic unicorn can do much more advanced magic.

also, i don't think they would study his word. 

equestria has a very clear history, and if some guy came along starting to say that's all wrong, then celestia or luna are there to proove him otherwise.

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 2

If Jesus appeared all of the sudden in Equestria, yeah, I support what @Half Life 3 said. On the other hoof, if they met Jesus in our human lands, I bet Twilight wouldn't like the guy as he says he's the son of God, she would call him a false prophet. She could get to study his Word, but she'll still think Celestia's "Word" is stronger. The other Mane 5 would like the guy but I guess the new element of harmony thing wouldn't happen. Then again, it would be a clash of ideologies if they met, I think.

He'd try to spread the word of God, and do miracles and stuff.

Celestia would see this as a threat, as it'd undermine her authority.

She'd convince Twilight that Jesus had to be dealt with, as humans from the portal are ponified, yet Jesus retained his humanity. Twilight and the mane 6 would blast Jesus with friendship powers. 

I don't know what'd happen next. A great flood of the Smooze in Equestria? All of the first born stallions killed? Locust (parasprite) swarms?

• Brohoof 1

Assuming everything Jesus did and said are real, and that the abrahamic god is real...

They'd be cool up till he tries to tell them that no one but god is good and to worship and follow him. Then I imagine most of them will refuse, whereupon Jesus could A try to force them or B accept that they don't want to worship and love them regardless. I really hope he wouldn't pick A. Because I just can't realistically see the mane six worshipping or following a religion of any kind. They all actually seem like they'd be atheist or agnostic aside from AJ

Edited by ~LoSt SoLe~

Rainbow Dash would think he's too boring and leave, Twilight would pester him with questions about philosophy, Applejack would like him because he would probably help her on the orchard, Rarity would hate him because he would scold her for being too materialistic, Fluttershy would love him because he's so kind to everybody, and Pinkiepie wouldn't really care...

@@repsol rave,

Not really. Twilight, a prodigy, was struggling to transfigure things. And no unicorn has done healing spells

You don't know that.

I find it highlt improbable that during the ginormous amnount of time Equestria was around, atleast ONE GUY hadn't invented a healing spell.

What would their reaction be to seeing Him perform His miracles?

Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy: Wow!

Applejack:  Somethin's a bit fishy here... what's that?  You were able to make a hundred barrels of cider out of one apple?  *faints*

Rainbow Dash: Riiight.  Ooh!  Cider for everypony, cider for me!

Twilight: Amateur.  Where's His Alicorn Amulet? (at least until she sees Him raising somepony from the dead)

I take it that Christ would come to Equestria as a Pony the same way God had to send Christ to us as a human.

Would they accept and love Him?

Probably not.  Ponies don't exactly have a concept of religious worship.  They have Celestia, but she's really a secular ruler, at least as far as we've seen.  They'd certainly respect Him though.

Would Twilight want to spend time studying His Word?

Twilight might deconstruct all of his parables and might even find them meaningless in the end.  She might still take an interest in His philosophy though.

Would the Elements of Harmony be replaced by one stronger element...Love?

Whoa, whoa.  The Power of Love has already been shown in show to be at least as powerful as the Elements of Harmony (See "A Canterlot Wedding"). Besides, Christ's idea of Love would lack the practical use of the Elements and thus could not replace them.

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer
  • Brohoof 3

@@Dattebayo,

Pegasi and their wings have shown off that there are no healing spells 

Are we talking about "Read it and Weep" here?

The doctor only said that Rainbow didn't gain any special healing powers.  It might just be the case that somepony has found a spell but it hasn't been widely distributed for various reasons.

I'm pretty sure there was a fanfic on this. It's on fimfiction, fluttershy drinks tea with Jesus or something like that. They seemed to get along pretty well. I think they'd like each other, but I'm doubtful they would become Christian or anything like that. I don't think the Christian god would have any sort of power over equestria.

• Brohoof 2

As an actual Catholic, I would say that they would bring him to Celestia and prove his wonders to them.

Like in the bible, Jesus shows his powers for the greater good. So he can make them believe in God, I don't know

I concur..........however if they would bring him to Celestia to "prove" his wonders.........."Thy Shall Not Tempt The Lord, Thy God".  In addition that's like Good Friday wear he was taken to Herod's Son, where he asked to prove his "magic" by turning a vase into bread or something like that.  

• Brohoof 2

@@OptimisticNeighsayer,

Like? RD is an Element of Harmony and Soarin is a Wonderbolt, if a treatment can't be done on them...

Various reasons.

Because it's a dangerous spell, I'm assuming, is one. Can you imagine the strain it requires to cast a spell like that?

Another lesser one would be if that if it was known widely, doctors would be out of business.

I'm pretty sure Celestia forbids certain kinds of magic from being used.

That's why you don't see evry unicorn and their grandmothers shooting laser beams and sh*t.

Only special cases, like Twilight and maybe guards, are allowed.

That's my headcanon, anyway.

Edited by Dattebayo