Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did Lauren Faust stop working so much on the show?

shootingscuddy

Somehow, internet rumors made Lauren Faust leaving MLP: FiM akin to some wrestling storylines---as if she were screwed out of her position and forced to leave.

As others have said, I enjoy the shift in narrative emphasis. If season one laid the groundwork, establishing characters and settings, then season two has begun to build a more elaborate complex on the foundations established by Lauren. It's definitely a team effort, even if it hasn't occurred with everyone working on projects at the same time.

If you watched Nostalgia Critic's review on MLP:FiM, she is working on a new show called the Galaxy Girls.

I dounno about it, but knowing Faust, it WILL be good. (Coming from a Powerpuff Girls and Foster's fan.)

Here's a pic:Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Right now, I think she has been merely pitching it. Nobody has picked up Galaxy Girls as of yet. I would give it a shot if someone decided to put it into production, though.

If you watched Nostalgia Critic's review on MLP:FiM, she is working on a new show called the Galaxy Girls.

I dounno about it, but knowing Faust, it WILL be good. (Coming from a Powerpuff Girls and Foster's fan.)

Here's a pic:Posted Image

Those actually look like older versions of the Powerpuffs themselves, or older versions of fan-made powerpuffs.

Faust created the show, but think of your 3 favourite episodes. Those were written by someone else completely, the only episodes Faust helped write was the first two episodes of season 1 (usually the least preferred of all) ~

I was hoping she could have made more shows than 2.I think if you start something.You finish it.
  • Brohoof 1

Those actually look like older versions of the Powerpuffs themselves, or older versions of fan-made powerpuffs.

My understanding is that the concept was heavily influenced by Sailor Moon. I don't have any sources on hand to confirm that, though.

• Brohoof 1

I would still like to see more of the episodes that incorporate the mane six while introducing problems for them to overcome. I love classic formulas - one bad guy to be defeated. I want Discord back, he had such a great VA. :(

• 1 year later...

If that's the reason then FUCK. I've always dreamed about adventure ponies

Adventure Time crossed with Ponies? Considering that Adventure Time is one of my top ten favorite TV shows of all time, I would most definitely watch it if it ever happened. 

(edited)

She has her own dreams to pursue -which you should totally support, by the way- because, from what
I hear, "Milky Way And the Galaxy Girls" ain't doing so hot as of late.
Surely, you didn't expect her to spend the rest of her career working on My Little Pony?

Buy some merch here, and help Lauren out: http://milkywayandthegalaxygirls.com/

Edited by Sickman

Well she left quite early on actually if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think that she had a particular reason I'm aware of, I think she left because she had other projects to attend to or something, shes working on another TV show right now(Galaxy girls I believe) so that may be why she left, to try and kickstart some more shows.

I haven't really had any problems with the show even if she no longer work on it. I think its very good still, I think she did a good job putting down the foundation, and the rest of the team did a good job building on the foundation, thats how I see it.

I really don't mind who works on a show honestly, long as its good :).

• 2 years later...

That rumor has been floating around the internet for a great deal of time, and has been debunked repeatedly. From what I understand, the show turned out approximately how she intended it to; a slice-of-life series with occasional adventures. Some episode pitches were shot down, but that's to be expected. Hasbro played no part in this. In truth, she retired from the team because of how difficult it had been to supervise the episode production.

She lives in Los Angeles, while the main voice acting and animation studios reside in Canada. She was managing most of the episode direction via phone, which, no-doubt, isn't the most efficient system. As the show expanded, her total control over it diminished, so she did what she felt necessary and stepped down.

While the situation could have been handled differently, keep in mind, her inability to keep up with production wasn't the only aspect that contributed to her decision. Her schedule is vast. MLP:FiM wasn't the only project she was involved in at the time, and juggling it alongside other projects must have been stressful. She didn't quit due to conflicting views, monitoring MLP simply became too difficult.

do you have a source or reliable intel regarding this?  because i've been a part of the speculation that she wasn't happy with all of the ideas being put forth.

(edited)

Simple, Hasbro were being massive douchebags to her, so she got sick of their bullshit and left. I can guarantee that she really wanted to be involved with the show, but thanks to Hasbro's excessive meddling, she couldn't take it anymore. It's a shame really, if they could've just given her ideas a chance, we would've seen a lot of interesting things in the show.

Edited by vgmaster9

Simple, Hasbro were being massive douchebags to her, so she got sick of their bullshit and left. I can guarantee that she really wanted to be involved with the show, but thanks to Hasbro's excessive meddling, she couldn't take it anymore. It's a shame really, if they could've just given her ideas a chance, we would've seen a lot of interesting things in the show.

Give me a Sauce, or it didn't happen. It's easy to swing the "Hasbrah is da evul" club.

There are many theories going on, on why she left the show. One say it's Hasbro, one say because the work was too hard, one say she was too heartbroken, because she was expecting a baby, etc.

Instead of whining about why she left, we should celebrate on what she gave to us. And that's a very incredible show.

Also, she never was a good writer. She was a great woman when it came to ideas. But she was never good when it came to executing the ideas. That's why the other writers of this show need more praise.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Give me a Sauce, or it didn't happen. It's easy to swing the "Hasbrah is da evul" club.

There are many theories going on, on why she left the show. One say it's Hasbro, one say because the work was too hard, one say she was too heartbroken, because she was expecting a baby, etc.

Instead of whining about why she left, we should celebrate on what she gave to us. And that's a very incredible show.

Also, she never was a good writer. She was a great woman when it came to ideas. But she was never good when it came to executing the ideas. That's why the other writers of this show need more praise.

^THIS!

I appreciate that she created the show and the earlier characters but writing was her weak point. The Season 1 premier was easily the show's weakest two-parter. Still she had very excellent ideas and I'm glad she helped put the show together.

While it is a shame that she left at least the show improved afterwards. MacCarthy has been doing an excellent job as both a writer and showrunner.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 4

Nope the writing has gone really bad since Lauren Faust left. So much bad writing. Anything memorable about the characters are left in Season 1 and 2. Afterwards it feels like the characters have just become cheap and unimaginative. It's turning out like any other kid's cartoon show now.

Nope the writing has gone really bad since Lauren Faust left. So much bad writing. Anything memorable about the characters are left in Season 1 and 2. Afterwards it feels like the characters have just become cheap and unimaginative. It's turning out like any other kid's cartoon show now.

tumblr_nc088uvdga1tgkjz9o1_1280.jpg

Opinions man. Opinions everywhere.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

tumblr_nc088uvdga1tgkjz9o1_1280.jpg

Opinions man. Opinions everywhere.

Yes adding too many new characters to dilute the creative pool and using already made fanon is good writing to you. The worst writing is now. Oh hey I don't know how to write so I'll just ask the fans how to write gee I'm such a good writer.

Edited by cider float

Yes adding too many new characters to dilute the creative pool and using already made fanon is good writing to you. The worst writing is now. Oh hey I don't know how to write so I'll just ask the fans how to write gee I'm such a good writer.

Better than Season 1's writing!

Dude, you're taking this waaaay too seriously. Take a deep breath, okay?