Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

Unfortunately, no. I'd like to meet some and maybe get together and hang out and stuff, but sadly, there aren't too many bronies here in Japan. Though, that may change, since the show airs next week :)

Unfortunately, no. I'd like to meet some and maybe get together and hang out and stuff, but sadly, there aren't too many bronies here in Japan. Though, that may change, since the show airs next week smile.png

Yeah the only ones who knew about the show while I was in Japan were the exchange students XD.  However considering how much cute stuff is in Japan I am not sure how much it will catch on XD.

• Brohoof 1

Well sorta.. I mean I know this girl at my Church who watches the show apparently, she talked about it since shes a bit of a Pinky pie tongue.png. However I didn't say anything to her, and I'm not exactly sure how much of the show shes watched, or if shes involved in the fandom at all. So yeah idk.

Plus not sure if your counting girls as bronies in this question, so yeah. If not then no. I can't seem to find any possible candidates either to be honest.

Edited by Zygen

I'm a lone brony here...  guess it fits for me though... always the outcast or oddball,..   for now I walk the Brony "path" alone.   Luckily I have a great fiancee.... I can get him to watch it when I'm very depressed and in lots of pain.

Honestly, my best friend Rave got me into MLP, so technically, yes I have met a Brony in real life.  He and I have never actually physically met, but we have been friends for more than four years and have talked quite frequently on Skype.  We do plan on attending a pony con sometime this year together.

I've never met a brony in real life, but I have seen some. However, someone once told me I looked derpy in a photo cause I closed my eyes derpy_emoticon2.png. Not sure if this was a reference to the show or not though, so I count it as a possible encounter.    

Let's see:

- I have met three on campus (in addition to another 7 who go here but I know on the internet).

- Two on my best friend's girlfriend's campus.

- A random encounter with the ticket-taker at the local movie theater. 

Which is pretty good, I guess. :P

University

Currently 18087 students are on vkontakte(Russian facebook) who are in the same University as I am. Using filters I found that 45 students who joined some pony related groups on vkontakte. There are dozens of brony groups and 5 largest have about 15 000 members each. Keep in mind that some people joined several groups and they don't have to join open groups to see the content and take part in conversations. I'm not part of any of these group so many bronies might be not accounted. Anyway I'm not going to seek bronies at my University because I'm very reserved and Russians generally don't understand English and have to rely on fansubs. The show still haven't been completely fandubbed let alone all the fan made content.

Work

I repair PCs and there is more than a thousand PCs with users. I see some users sticking some weird things on their computer cases and monitors, putting toys on their desk. Some users are changing wallpaper on their desktop. But I haven't spotted anything pony related. My desk doesn't give away that I'm a brony though.

Home

My brother and mom know that I'm into ponies and they don't speak English at all. My brother hates ponies because he is seeing them a lot on the forums he is frequent at. My mom thinks that it's childish but isn't against it.

I don't care what anyone thinks about me.

Sadly no, I really do want to meet one though, but then again.... I barely leave my house  and i'm shy, so if I ever saw someone wearing a MLP t-shirt or something I wouldn't be able to go up to them and say hi. 

Hello!

:(

These tears awnser the question with excruciating drama...

No, i have never met someone who was into the show aswell... I'm not putting my hopes up high that i'll ever meet one aswell...

• Brohoof 1

I cannot say I have met many, no, but instead only very few. One was found drawing Fluttershy in his band class in 8th grade, and was teased about it. Another time, this year, I saw a girl wearing a Rainbow Dash jacket.

I am on the line about the news of me being a brony going public. All my friends know, but one of them might leak information.

Actually, I did met a Brony, but I didn't know it. We met at space camp, and he was pretty funny. He liked the same things I like, old video games, AVGN, and, later, I found out he liked My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I wasnt in to MLP FIM, but he said, DUDE! I CHALLENGE YOU TO WATCH THE FIRST 2 EPISODES AND REVIEW IT ON YOUR SHOW, THEATER CRITIC! So I watched it. And the rest is history

Edited by Bearsie

Well i woke up the other morning and i saw this dashingly handsome fellow and well he was a brony (I was looking in the mirror) But no i have met a few not many... well not many non-closet bronies!

• Brohoof 1

I have not unless you count my children, but since they, especially one, are in the target demographic they can't be considered bronies. Plus they don't know I'm interested beyond buying them toys and taping episodes. I wouldn't mind meeting some adult bronies. It be fun.

My very special somepony is a brony, so I guess that counts.  As far as meeting random people who happen to be bronies, as far as I know that's only happened once.  We were at a Cracker Barrel enjoying an oh-so-delicious and oh-so-unhealthy breakfast when our waiter commented on our clothes (I was wearing a Cloudsdale Weather Factory hoody and she was wearing a Dr Whooves sweatshirt). He asked us where we got them, since he was disappointed with the quality of what was at Hot Topic.  So we told him about WeLoveFine.com

Unfortunately, I totally forgot to get a brohoof.  Next time.

Only two:

1) the one who got me into the fandom. Quite honestly the best person I've ever met in my life. No lie. He's not very open about it I don't think, but then again neither am I. I only joined the fandom a couple of weeks ago though.

2) his brother. Which I think is pretty awesome, because we can talk about it together, all three of us, without being judged by those haters outside the fandom who have no idea how awesome ponies can be.

Haters:

Having

Anger

Towards

Everyone

Reaching

Success

• Brohoof 1

I know three bronies and two pegasisters IRL. Two bronies go to my school, and I'm great friends with one. The other bring I met before he was one, and then he got me into the fandom afterward.

One pegasister is my sister, the other is my cousin.

And then there's one guy who may be in the middle of becoming a bring, but I'm not sure.

So, yeah, I know a few.

Just one, I turned him into a brony (hi mehguy22) he's a closet brony and we get like once a month for like 10 minutes in P.E to talk about ponies where everybody else is out of earshot and we're sort of alone.

Suspicious of 1 person because there is a printed piece of paper with random ponies (some of the mane 6, derpy, and I can't remember what else) with her name on it.

but yeah, I'm sort of a closet brony. I'm a little shy of wearing my brony wristband in public, but I want to go to cons, and my whole family knows I watch the show (none of them are bronies, or future bronies, they're all hopeless) so if I see anypony wearing a MLP shirt, I probably couldn't say hi, unless they saw my wristband and said hi to me first.

I know of 3 Bronies, the oldest of my 2 brothers, one friend, and that friend's friend. As far as that goes not many others I've seen.

Though maybe one day that group of bronies I've met will grow perhaps after a visiting various cons.

Edited by Zavyr Darkeyes

At the University that I am currently studying at, I see people wearing MLP shirts all the time. We don't have an official club or anything, but I'm looking into staring meetups with them in the future biggrin.png.

But yeah, I'll be attending my first meetup in a couple of weeks (Sooo excited about it right now img-1308114-1-wub.png). 

I hope you have a great time! Meet-ups are generally a lot of fun, and very high-energy :3. I encourage anyone who hasn't already looked into them to consider local meetups, they're the best way to meet like-minded people!

As for myself - yup! School, meetups, conventions - they're everywhere.

• Brohoof 1

At least three -

1. My friend - I turned him in.

2. Friend of my non-Brony friend, I met him of friend's birthday party.

3. My former classmate, I found that out when we met on "5 years after graduation" meeting.

Seen, yes. Met, no. When I was at my town hall to vote, I was waiting in line and saw a guy around my age with a Rainbow Dash shirt and hat. I wanted to yell "Brohoof!" but didn't as I would have humiliated myself. :derp:

Oh please, I'm anti-social AF and I've met plenty of bronies and pegasisters at my school. It's kinda nice meeting other people who are into the show, and this is comming from someone who hates being around people.

Eeyup, one of my best friends.. We were on Skype and I just marathoned season 1 and was waiting for the upcoming season 2 episodes.

I was like: "Hey, do you know My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?" he responded "Yeah." (Which was vague to me) so I asked "Do you watch it?" He was like: "Do you?" I said.. "Eeyup" and he said "Me too.".

the-end.jpg