Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a flaw, season 4 episodes 25+26 twilight's kingdom

Rift enchanted

41 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think was the biggest flaw?

• The battle
    • The pacing
    • Celestia, Luna, and cadence's reason for giving their magic to twilight
    • Expository dialogue
    • Rainbow designs
    • Tirek's characterization and/or design
    • Twilight's castle's design
    • Tirek's backstory
    • One or both songs
    • Other (explain below.)
    • No flaws, it was perfect

(edited)

Just as the title says, what irritated you when watching the season finale, what made you face palm twilight and the ponies, or was it just that well put together.

But anyways, speculate away!

Edited by Rift enchanted

The Princesses knowing Discord was working with Tirek who knew of Twilight's alicorn ascension and not thinking to smash the window with Twilight on it...like seriously, I thought they'd at least get rid of the window.

That's all I can nit pick about this though. It was my favourite MLP episode/story by far. And I have a feeling Scorpan will be in Season 5, that's why they bothered adding him in back story. :P Just my guess anyway.

• Brohoof 2

> Leaves a window to tell Tirek of her existence.

Loved it, otherwise, but that bothered me.

That was the moment I said aloud ... "Celestia! You're useless!" (All in good fun of course)

In the same scene Discord makes it clear he was holding out on Tirek to test his loyalty. I would have rather they made that ambiguous, so you could argue that he was still conficted.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

window, they could have done better with the transformations, the rushed ending and the castle...it should have been the  two sisters castle not a fucking crystal tree.... 

but outside of that small nitpicks this was the best ep ever

Edited by sailu

I would have to say Discord's behavior. I was surprised that he would turn against the mane 6 like that, especially Fluttershy.

Although he was reformed, Discord was shunned by most of his friends. Fluttershy was the only one who consistently treated him with kindness. As a result, he never experienced the true magic of friendship, and believed that there existed an even more powerful force.

The episode ends with him realizing that nothing can stop the power of true friendship, so he probably won't betray Equestria again.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the fight scene. It was cool and all, but extended violent combat does not fit in the show. It was mostly just a bunch of explosions and rocks flying all over the place.

Also, even though I defended his actions above, I believe that Twilight should have put some kind of limiter or seal onto Discord's power. He probably learned his lesson for real this time, but we thought he learned it last season and look how that turned out. Having a nearly omnipotent being with a precedent of causing mass chaos and destruction running around freely with no surveillance is obviously a bad idea.

Finally, I'm afraid that the Rainbow Power will be the next go-to thing whenever a new threat shows up, like the Elements of Harmony were in the earlier seasons. Sealing the Elements made me believe that they were trying to prevent the writers from easily resolving plots by having the Mane 6 take out their accessory and blasting everything with it, so adding a new, similar power is a weird decision.

Although he was reformed, Discord was shunned by most of his friends. Fluttershy was the only one who consistently treated him with kindness. As a result, he never experienced the true magic of friendship, and believed that there existed an even more powerful force.

The episode ends with him realizing that nothing can stop the power of true friendship, so he probably won't betray Equestria again.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the fight scene. It was cool and all, but extended violent combat does not fit in the show. It was mostly just a bunch of explosions and rocks flying all over the place.

Also, even though I defended his actions above, I believe that Twilight should have put some kind of limiter or seal onto Discord's power. He probably learned his lesson for real this time, but we thought he learned it last season and look how that turned out. Having a nearly omnipotent being with a precedent of causing mass chaos and destruction running around freely with no surveillance is obviously a bad idea.

Finally, I'm afraid that the Rainbow Power will be the next go-to thing whenever a new threat shows up, like the Elements of Harmony were in the earlier seasons. Sealing the Elements made me believe that they were trying to prevent the writers from easily resolving plots by having the Mane 6 take out their accessory and blasting everything with it, so adding a new, similar power is a weird decision.

To your first point, I agree 100%. Most of the mane six never fully trusted Discord, and his lack of understanding of what friendship is because of this lack of trust is one of the reasons he was swayed. This is further seen when Discord believes that he and Tirek are friends.

As far as the Rainbow Power, I wonder if the actual Elements of Harmony now reside organically in the Mane Six now. As long as the writers show restraint ... it shouldn't be a problem.

Only complaints I had were them not offering much of an explanation of the Rainbow Power or the whole chest bit, and I would of liked to see Tirek's brother appear. Other than those two issues, the finale was amazing.

I wondered why Tirek (aside for story purposes) decided to keep the amulet/necklace his brother Scorpan gave him hanging around his neck, considering he claimed it (when he gave it to Discord) "was as worthless as he is". Tirek doesn't seem like the type to be sentimental in the slightest over such trinkets or brotherly ties, especially because he felt betrayed by him.

• Brohoof 1

The finale is just motherbucking perfect. I have nothing to complain about it. :o

But, if I want to complain about it, Celestia is just doing her 'Celestia-ing' habit. (A ponified version of 'Noynoying'... :P)

Other than that, the S4 finale is the tour-de-force of all the episodes in the show. Easily trumps every episode out there, including the also epic 'A Canterlot Wedding', IMO. :D

My main issue is the lack of the Mane Six aside from Twilight doing anything of importance for 90% of the story. 

That and... leaving the stained glass window of Princess Twilight up for Tirek to see. 

• Brohoof 1

The song at the end kind of bothered me otherwise nothing big but the castle being in the middle of ponyville? that is a bit of a flaw...

I agree with you about the castle, having a giant flashy crystal fortress in the middle of a rural town looks weird.

Especially so because "Inspiration Manifestation" was all about showing that big flashy crystal things don't fit in Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say the fact that the princesses immediately knew about Tirek right after he appeared.

Other than that,I can't think of anything else.

It was weird that the box had stuff needed for this episode. It's like it knew what episode it was opened in, and that it would be opened by Twilight.

It was weird that the box had stuff needed for this episode. It's like it knew what episode it was opened in, and that it would be opened by Twilight.

It sort of makes sense if you think that the lesson Twilight had to learn pretty much *had* to be a fairly serious one where she gives up her magic.  It makes sure that the box can only be opened in a time of dire need. 

It sort of makes sense if you think that the lesson Twilight had to learn pretty much *had* to be a fairly serious one where she gives up her magic.  It makes sure that the box can only be opened in a time of dire need. 

But the castle wouldn't really make sense if another pony opened it. :P

I hated (since the beginning) the designs for the Rainbow Power. The effects used were pretty nice, though, such as the actual "rainbow beam" and the ponies flying around in that shockwave. It's just the way the ponies looked that I thought was atrocious.