Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does Pinkie get all the money to make these contraptions?

TheMarkz0ne

I really see why Pinkie needs to rent off the Cakes place. Because she spends all her money on these machines and party material. I think she is either insanely rich or is on some pony welfare program. Seriously how can Pinkie afford all these things? I thought Fluttershy was poor, but it might be Pinkie.

Remember that she's only nominally constrained by the Equestrian laws of reality, so it stands to reason that she sort of just has the ability to have things without having payed for them.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is apparently the greatest party pony in Ponyville, so it's likely that she gets paid well for throwing bashes for ponies. Heck, Diamond Tiara even said Pinkie Pie had the party mojo, and she's ballin', and who knows how much she paid Pinkie to throw a bash for her.

As for Pinkie Pie's crazy machines she builds, she likely rents them and is in deep financial debt from the times she broke them.

Either that, or she has a bajillion credit cards and just runs them all up and evades the debt collectors.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I could try to think of a legitimate reason for how she can afford these things.

But instead I'll give you the simpler and more accurate answer: It's a cartoon. :)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 5

I imagine Pinkie has a biz on the side of working for the Cakes by planning and throwing parties for ponies in Ponyville. It's just that most of the parties we've seen her throw have been for her friends simply for the sake of having a party.

This is also the pony who got ridiculously excited about a sale of used patio furniture. I imagine she scrounges and gets incredibly resourceful with what she finds.

(edited)

I've always loved that element to Pinkie - her ability to summon the craziest machines out of nowhere :)

Remember, though, that Pinkie Pie is friends with pretty much everyone in Ponyville because she's that sociable and full of vigour. Someone either lent her a helicopter, or she built it herself. I'd like to think it be the latter, though; she always has the craziest ideas and I totally wouldn't put it past her  :P

The money would come from Sugarcube Corner income and resourcefulness. If you look at her helicopter, it's built out of springs, candy canes and flowers. :lol:  And if you remember S1E24, she has a lot of random stuff lying around, so she'll have constructed something out of spare parts without needing to spend anything.

A small headcanon I had (I might still have it, in fact... it was from last June) was that Pinkie is actually secretly loaded from an exterior source of income, but she keeps it secret from everyone so that they don't feel inferior. Again, wouldn't put it past someone as caring as Pinks  :lol:

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 6

A small headcanon I had (I might still have it, in fact... it was from last June) was that Pinkie is actually secretly loaded from an exterior source of income, but she keeps it secret from everyone so that they don't feel inferior. Again, wouldn't put it past someone as caring as Pinks  :lol:

That small rock-farming fortune that nopony knows about...

Pinkie stays rocked up.

(edited)

Don't forget she has 2 jobs, she works at the Sugarcube Corner, and:
Pinkie_Pie_%22what%27s_going_on_out_ther
at the Hay Burger.
Poor Pinkie Pie, it must be hard for her to earn the money she needs to throw all these parties :(

Edited by Blobulle

She's Pinkie why woul you even question it? I guess she gets a lot of tips well working at the bakery or the cakes pay her rent for her. Or maybe she builds them with building materials she already has.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I previously theorized that Pinkie must buy in bulk to try and cut cost somewhere, not to mention that since she has such a good relationship with just about everypony in Ponyville, there could be a chance that some would be more than willing to give her a discount, especially if she was a regular customer of theirs. As for the copter...ever heard of freecycling? 

Edited by PoisonClaw

I think her machines are the product of her creativity: she finds random garbage and turns them into amazing vehicles.

As for the rest, she probably buys them in bulk AND is one of the few ponies that purchases this stuff (on account of her name being borderline-legendary).

She deals cupcakes and other sweets. Oh, she is bad. ^_^

I was actually thinking more along the lines of weed or used cars, but this works, too.

• Brohoof 1

evades the debt collectors.
 ...and she sells her delicious trademark cupcakes...

First of all, we have all witnessed Pinkie's insane bargaining skills, so she is able to save on everything, including the contraptions, plus she makes money with her party planning (once again using her powers of negotiation), so I imagine she is financially secure.

• Brohoof 1

In a somewhat logical and no fun sense of thinking without making her Uncle Scrooge or someone who uses welfare, The Cakes pays Pinkie a very good amount of money, and she, along with the rest of the Mane 6, would sometime receive gifts from the citizens of Ponyville, or Equestria in general, for saving the day from huge threats.

She's kind of like Peter Griffin, or Wile E. Coyote. She has money for all of these insane contraptions. 

It's Pinkie Pie. There is no logic with her, so I don't question where she gets the bits from. 

• Brohoof 1