Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The best video game. ever.

Brock Obama

Half-Life 2. Best thing EVER. Was voted and widely accepted as The Greatest Game Of All Time, back in the day.

My heart still trembles when I hear So Cold by Breaking Benjamin. (If anyone gets the reference I will love them until the day I die.)

The scenery, the characters, the gameplay, the Combine enemies, the intense and evocative ambient sounds and incidental music... I would go on, but my heart is aching and I can feel tears welling in my eyes.

Happy highways...

That I've played?

Let's see...

Here's a list:

•Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - It's the game that forever revolutionized the GTA series.

•The Stanley Parable - This game is quite unique compared to other games. So much so, I've never seen a single spin-off of something like The Stanley Parable.

•Minecraft - This game brought about a whole new genre of gaming that we've never seen before.

• Brohoof 2

I can't answer that truthfully... every few years a game comes out that makes me remember why I love video games. But each of them has their own reasons for doing so. I don't think its fair to hold one game higher over all others, because each one is different, special in some way, and they're usually the games I'd sit down and play again anytime.

If I had to choose a single videogame as a standalone entry, and not made better by nostalgia, its influence or its place in history, and judge it by its plot, gameplay, characters and voice acting, I'd have to go with The Last Of Us.

I don't think I could name the best game ever there are too many choices each with their pros/cons it makes a great debate topic though, now the most memorable game I've played has to be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time no telling how many times I've replayed that game.

As of right now, My favorite series is the Arma series. Just the scale of everything you can do in it. I love myself shooters, especially simulators. 

2235_a3_facebook290811_07.jpg

The amount of content from the Developers and modders just  BLOWS my mind. 

• Brohoof 2

As of right now, My favorite series is the Arma series. Just the scale of everything you can do in it. I love myself shooters, especially simulators. 

2235_a3_facebook290811_07.jpg

The amount of content from the Developers and modders just  BLOWS my mind. 

I wouldn't say they put out that much content(BIS that is, not the community), they are slacking compared to their days back in ARMA 2. Though I do agree community wise, one of the best games ever developed imo, still a bit biased towards 2 though as I miss the more modern setting.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say they put out that much content(BIS that is, not the community), they are slacking compared to their days back in ARMA 2. Though I do agree community wise, one of the best games ever developed imo, still a bit biased towards 2 though as I miss the more modern setting.

I agree, Im not a HUGE fan of the 2035 year time they used. And yeah, arma 3 doesn't have as much content as 2 did as well. I'm kind of torn between them to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Objectively, what I'd consider to be the greatest game ever made so far would be The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

A unique fantasy set in a world of very rich lore, not out of place in any fantasy movie, book or DND setting, replayability, lots of different ways to role play, a great story and diverse combat system, and even if you avoid the story there's so much to do! You can literally go anywhere and be anything. So much to do, so pretty, rich in lore, endless possibilities for the player, something you can utterly get lost in and have fun with in so many ways... for me that's a perfect game.

The closest answer to this I've seen is Elona, a roguelike in a similar vain to Morrowind but very Japanese and much more complicated. Another game you can do just about anything in and get lost in. A very diverse character creation tool too! The only strike it has against it for me is the cruel punishments for death (avoidable by saving a lot but still).

• Brohoof 2

For me it's Fallout 3. I have a special place in my soul for it

Ironically, I read Fallout Equestria before I actually met fallout series. And after I finished reading FoE I was REALLY looking forward to play F3 because I loved (and still love) FoE. Can you imagine how I felt when I started the game for the first time and started recognizing things like "hey the pony was based on this character! PipBuck is actually called PipBoy! Oh I know this location from FoE!" and so on. It was the best gaming experience in my life

Although nowadays I'm a huge fan of both Fallout and FoE and I get used to it, so F3 doesn't amaze me anymore. But I still remember my first play

• Brohoof 1

It has already been decided in 2016 that Undertale was the best video game ever.

Some would argue that the result was biased towards the most popular game at the time, rather than thinking about earlier games.

• 4 weeks later...

It's just too subjective to ever be possible. What some people will praise in a game, others will hate. It is possible to find your own perfect game, of course, but that game won't be the perfect game.