Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Official. New Concept Art released by Hasbro.

Best Pony

They really jumped the gun this time, I don't think that I want to watch some animated high school teen drama antromorphic girls.

Implying highschool is all about teen drama. For all we know this might end up like family guy with random stuff.

Also in this show there can be some canon shipping.......brace yourseld for this shitstorm

• Brohoof 18

For five or so minutes I was screaming; "WHAT ARE THEY?!"

But...we knew this was happening, and come on!  They look much better then those other...monstrosities.  And their kind of cute actually.  And their tails are adorable.

And I like anthro. 

BUT STILL.  THOSE ARE NOT HUMAN.

But still.  Cute I guess.

Well...we'll see what happens.

If they get good writers, animators, and voice actors...they could pull it off.  it won't be MLP FiM, but it'll be something.

I blame Discord

• Brohoof 13

(edited)

Oh... So now Twilight is a Pegasus and not a Unicorn or an Alicorn? ...Great. Also, what's with their hair? Are those tails, or is that just their hair?

Like... Why would they give them wings and colorful skin, but not unicorn horns and tails? They're clearly anthro-morphic. What, did they think tails and unicorn horns were weird, but colorful skin and wings weren't?

I also don't understand why they would put them in a High School. Seriously, people get made fun of for simply being short or overweight in High School. Imagine how much bullying the ponies are going to have to deal with with wings, colorful skin, and names like "Rainbow Dash." 

If the ponies are going to be shipped into High School relationships with generic characters like Brad Brady, captain of the High School football team, who is very sensitive, and doesn't want to be a mean kid. Fluttershy falls "In love" with him, and helps him get in touch with his feelings (D'awww) and together, they teach the jocks that you don't need to be mean to be popular, and everybody is nice and happy. If I see that happen, I swear to god, I will shove a cactus up my rectum, crap it back out, and eat it. I'd much rather do that, then continue to see MLP getting butchered.

However, I also believe that this show has potential, and I can see it being very successful... If done right. I'll be sure to give the show a chance, after all, looks can be deceiving.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 14

(edited)

I think they're pretty, actually.  I am a little confused about the lack of horns though... perhaps they use wands or something for magic instead.

Am I the only one who isn't really bothered by this Equestria Girls thing? It's not even canon to the main show...

It could even turn out good.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 16

Implying highschool is all about teen drama. For all we know this might end up like family guy with random stuff.

Also in this show there can be some canon shipping.......brace yourseld for this shitstorm

Anthro school girsl with family guy content and openly lesbian activities....that don't sound too bad actually...I guess it'll be friendships with no strings attached if ya know what I mean.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Come on. That will never happen, we're talking about money-making Hasbro not edgy Seth MacFarlane here.

The designs make it pretty obvious they just want to sell  Monster High-ish dolls and unless a miracle like FIM happens, it will probably be a steaming pile of shit.

Edit: OH MY GOD THEY HAVE THEIR CUTIE MARKS ON THEIR CHEEKS WHAT THE HELL????

There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about them.  

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 7

I absolutely loathe their design and I wish they would've chosen a different artystyle and setting for the equestrian girl series, this random image i found looks more appropriate.

commission__mlp_anthro_version_by_jadenk

I dislike this idea l lot. I just.. No. I don't think this is going to be something watchable. I guess I am going to pretend this show does not exist.

• Brohoof 8

Oh... So now Twilight is a Pegasus and not a Unicorn or an Alicorn? ...Great. Also, what's with their hair? Are those tails, or is that just their hair?

Actually, I think she is still an Alicorn, her wing structure and size is different to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

I'll watch an episode of this, but I don't hold much hope for it.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I have nothing against this idea, it's just that we already have a lot of humans.. We need more ponies. Why couldn't they just make a movie where they as the mane 6 (as ponies) go to high school or something. Or a spin-off series with Daring Doo. They wanted to make a movie, why not make a movie with ponies. It would have made it 20% cooler.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

At first i was like "human ponies! *gasp* this is almost as bad as twicorn!" but then I was like "but then again if the developing teem is as good it may be good." so ill watch the first episode and if i likd it i will watch it.

TOLERANCE! *rainbow*

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Actually, I think she is still an Alicorn, her wing structure and size is different to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

I'll watch an episode of this, but I don't hold much hope for it.

Well an Alicorn = wings + horn

These ponies... or humans or whatever you want to call them (monsters seems appropriate here) don't have horns!

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

OH MY GOODNESS. I didn't notice their cutie marks were on their cheeks before... That... And their whole aesthetic... I don't think I like it. :/ We will have to wait and see, but this is just horrific to me right now. D:

At least they don't have tails. Although, maybe that would be better, because they definitely are NOT human...

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 6

Well an Alicorn = wings + horn

These ponies... or humans or whatever you want to call them (monsters seems appropriate here) don't have horns!

But even the unicorns don't have horns, her wins are different so she isn't a Pegasus, meaning she must either be an Alicorn in this show or something entirely different. It's possible that unicorns will not have horn but still have magic in this show.

But even the unicorns don't have horns, her wins are different so she isn't a Pegasus, meaning she must either be an Alicorn in this show or something entirely different. It's possible that unicorns will not have horn but still have magic in this show.

If they do have magic and don't have horns then it is even more retarded than it already appears to be... A spin-off that negates all the basis of the original show, really?

• Brohoof 1

They REALLY need to tone down RD's blue skin. Fluttershy's complexion is too yellow also, but I think I can deal with the rest. They shouldn't have wings either.  It'd be fine to give them the ability to fly.  Most fictional humans with the power of flight don't have wings either. 

I'll watch it for curiosity's sake but I can tell I won't get hooked. 

• Brohoof 3

Quite frankly, I take relief in the designs, because for me it's dodged a bullet. I'm glad that they're sticking with the same skin colors as the actual ponies and not trying to humanize them to the point where they get to pick different ethnicities and races. As I discussed briefly with Kyronea in a past topic, that would be extremely awkward for me if the Mane Six got forcefully thrown into certain ethnicities, when I don't particularly agree with them. Likewise, if they were all white/Caucasian, that'd have been a problem, too. So yeah, happy about that at least.

In general the designs are rather cute. Much better drawn than the crappy character cutout images we first saw.

• Brohoof 13

I just find the whole concept strange a mildly disturbing for some reason... It could turn out to be the worst thing Hasbro has ever done (Yes, worse than Hasbro's pony plushies) or it could be the most money-making idea they have ever had next to MLP: FIM. Hopefully, it won't bother us much and the show will not cause a mass reaction.

I HOPE.

Then again, we saw the unexpected reaction to MLP: FIM from us bronies... Oh god, no. I hope this doesn't turn into a brogirl fandom...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1362228744078.jpgimg-1228216-2-1362221456797.jpg

So... Many... Similarities... (Second picture is the cast of Monster High, look at their boots, their silhouettes, their short skirts :angry: )

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 4

Just when I thought the designs couldn't get any more hilarious, they add wings, tails, and cutie marks. To "humans". Oh man, it's not very often that designs are so bad they're hilarious, but they definitely pulled it off with this. I'm practically rolling!

• Brohoof 3

@@Malakili,

The monster high characters actually have a better design and sense of fashion compared to the equestria girls, they really need to redesign the characters from scratch because they look plain awful.

and what's with the megaman boots?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I really want this to not suck since it dose have potential but it could go either way. I want it to not suck because it will nicely kill quite a bit of time while waiting for season 4 to start.

1 of 2 things is going to happen

1. Equestria girls turns out to be the second most awesome thing on tv after mlp .

2. Equestria girls turns ends up being catastrophically bad and its the end of all life as we know it.  

Im probably still going to watch it. Iv got to at least give it a chance.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I first heard about this and saw the first image, I thought it was a fake. Now I'm utterly weirded out.

Why do they still have coloured skin, and if they're going down that route...wings but no unicorn horns (I note Twilight still has her wings :P)|. And cheesy high school cliches? *cringe* That has to be the...WORST...POSSIBLE....THING!

Oh well, at least they're saving this...thing....for a spinoff. It happens with a lot of franchises I'm into, where they make a bunch of strange/experimental spinoff stitles, and I just stick to the Classic series. Are we going to have to call FIM 'Classic Friendship is Magic' now ;)?

As for humanised ponies, I definitely prefer the fan designs that have been floating around for a while:

rainbow-dash-human-form-i5.jpg

Edited by Bubblegum
  • Brohoof 11