Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Fans: Would She Be Really Mean Or Would She Befriend You?

GXPBlast

(edited)

Based on many threads I have read and what I know about Rainbow Dash, some state that she does not live up to her element being loyalty the most compared to the rest of the ponies.

There have been times in the show that Rainbow Dash can be plain rude and even betray her friends. Rarity seems to run into the same problems at times but not as much as Rainbow Dash.

Although in some episodes, Rainbow Dash can really show her element being loyalty around her friends. Basically even at her worse of times, Rainbow Dash is kind hearted in the end.

But based what we know of Rainbow Dash, in general she can be the most judgmental compared to the other ponies.

My question to particularly Rainbow Dash fans is would she treat you as a friend if you tried to befriend her? But say you have a flaw like not being so athletic, shy, kind of nerdy, or just not as competitive as Rainbow Dash. However, you are a kind hearted person/pony and really want to befriend her.

Sure she is friends with Fluttershy but thats since they know each other from young.

Being a stranger who likes Rainbow Dash, if you went up to her were kind of shy, had some flaws such as not being super athletic and such would Rainbow Dash look down upon you or people like what I mentioned above or despite her rudeness at times be flattered by your admiration towards her and get to know you? Sure Rainbow Dash can be rude in the show at times, but she does not seem to intentionally want to hurt somebody unless they were rude to her first.

Also would Rainbow Dash not give you a chance like some judgmental girls in the our human world are and look down on you for being inferior, negatively judge your shyness, lack of athleticism, or at times social awkwardness if you went up to her and tried to befriend her or would she give you a chance and befriend you based on your morale's or other positive traits that you have like she does with her friends?

This situation that you find yourself in can be the Rainbow Dash in the pony or equestria girls world as their personalities are exactly the same. The only difference would be being a pony or human.

Keep in mind some true friends sometimes poke fun of each other but would never try to hurt them or look down upon them due to some flaws they have.

As in the show, Rainbow Dash can be rude to her friends at times but she thinks its all in good fun. Furthermore if she does wrong she apologizes to her friends and at the times her loyalty is needed it does really show.

When replying, base your decision on how Rainbow Dash is in the show exactly and the good/bad she has done and not how humans behave in our world in terms of making fun of somebody, or befriending them.

Edited by GXPBlast

You want an honest answer here it is. This made no sense to me. Because it sounded like you were bashing her. Bash all you want about EqG Rainbow Dash. But leave the pony Rainbow alone.

But say you have a flaw like... ...being... ...kind of nerdy...

You call that a flaw? I take it as a compliment.

Also, I'd like to present Rainbow Dash's original meeting of Twilight Sparkle as evidence:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You want an honest answer here it is. This made no sense to me. Because it sounded like you were bashing her. Bash all you want about EqG Rainbow Dash. But leave the pony Rainbow alone.

I am not trying to bash Rainbow Dash. Infact I really like her. What I am trying to get as is many bronies really like Rainbow Dash and look up to her alot because she has many traits that some bronies lack such as being very confident or athletic along with others that make her awesome. She is like a role model to many bronies and that's why she tends to be so popular despite her rudeness at times. She is also there to help a friend out and it shows in episodes where loyalty is meant to be portrayed.

But what I am getting at is that if you or a person like you had some lacking qualities that Rainbow Dash may find boring or weird would she be nasty and snub you off or would she give people like that a chance and look past the negatives and befriend you if you wanted to befriend her?

Sure she may poke fun of your lacking qualities at times, but would never intentionally try to hurt you unless you tried to hurt her first. Furthermore when you really needed her for example like having a bad day or something that made you cry would she be there for you like a true friend?

I am wondering if Rainbow Dash the character would be anything like some girls in our world who would look down on a guy or other girls due to their lacking qualities that may cause the to look pathetic instead of looking past those negative qualities and judging a person based on their morale character and other positive traits?

Think about it, if you really liked someone and tried to befriend them but that person looked down upon you due to negative traits such as being shy or not to athletic it would really kill your self-esteem. What I am asking is would Rainbow Dash do this and snub you off or would she look past that and like you for the positives of your personality.

Edited by GXPBlast

You know, gotta say, man, I don't like all these topics asking if Rarity or Rainbow Dash would be a bitch in real life. They're making me uncomfortable.

And no, she wouldn't be - none of the mane cast would be. Why? Because sure, RD can go on these massive ego trips, but she's not mean. None of them are. And if they're not mean - well, they wouldn't be mean to their fans in real life.

• Brohoof 5

She would accept me because that is who she is. Look at Scootaloo a pegasus who can't fly but Rainbow Dash accepts her. Twilight Sparkle isn't athletic yet Rainbow Dash accepts her.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

You know, gotta say, man, I don't like all these topics asking if Rarity or Rainbow Dash would be a bitch in real life. They're making me uncomfortable.

And no, she wouldn't be - none of the mane cast would be. Why? Because sure, RD can go on these massive ego trips, but she's not mean. None of them are. And if they're not mean - well, they wouldn't be mean to their fans in real life.

I think Rarity would be one of the nicer characters. She had her moments at times but in general she is a very generous and kind pony.

This thread really was sparked from a recent poll that had Rainbow Dash living up to her element the least and how that relates to her morale character to people trying to befriend her but lack qualities that many in our world would look down upon and not give you the time of day but would Rainbow Dash with her judgmental personality compared to the other ponies do the same.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I think she would end up accepting me, because I too would love to fly at high speeds and break the sound-barrier over and over again... but then that would mean that there would be competition between both of us :o

(edited)

She would accept me because that is who she is. Look at Scootaloo a pegasus who can't fly but Rainbow Dash accepts her. Twilight Sparkle isn't athletic yet Rainbow Dash accepts her.

That is good to hear.

And the quote in your signature really sums up the point of this thread and how I think people in this world should act. Knowing that those who would meet Rainbow Dash in real life by some random event would not judge their lacking qualities and see them for the good they have to offer definitely would make those type of bronies happy and that's why those who look up to her character because many strive to be like her.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

Just because someone or in this case somepony (DASHIE) is loyal doesn't necessarily mean she can't be a real jerk sometimes, but at the end of the day when push comes to shoves she will never betray her friends. Granted she has came very close a couple of times she has always made the right decision in the end. :wub:

She strikes me as the sort who'd kind of be a jerk friend at times and make jokes at the expense of those who aren't like her (Twilight's beloved title of egghead comes to mind), but we all have friends like that and we are still friends with them.

She's a pure soul. IE, someone who is very open in their opinions, but also very loyal. That said, I doubt she would judge some random person she never met before. Just because she's a tomboy doesn't mean she isn't compassionate, and in fact, her tomboyishness would make her the opposite of the gossiping cheerleader type from so many high school dramas, she would actually defend people who were being picked on. I'm sure if someone tried to introduce themselves to her, she would respond back (unless her friends were currently in danger and she didn't have time to talk). And although she's not Pinkie Pie and willing to go out of her way to befriend everyone, I'm sure she is still willing to be friends with those who offer their friendship, as long as they're not shallow, pretentious, etc (Dashie hates those kinds of things), Loyalty does have a lot to do with Honesty). Although maybe she would have to get to know someone first before accepting them as a friend.

I don't know much about the history between Dashie and Scoots, so I'm not sure if Dash knew Scoots before she saved her, but if she didn't, that just goes to show how accepting she is. She saw somepony who wanted to be taken under her wing, and she accepted, and became her big sister.

That's not to say that she would spend a lot of time away from the Mane 6. But that's also not to say that she would consider her friendships outside of the Mane 6 any less valid, it's just that her original group of friends need her more than anyone else.

I think Rainbow Dash would make a great friend. She would accept you for who you are, and would always be there for you. There really aren't enough people in the world like that, so I think she be an ideal friend. You could even say she would be a true, true friend.  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

She strikes me as the sort who'd kind of be a jerk friend at times and make jokes at the expense of those who aren't like her (Twilight's beloved title of egghead comes to mind), but we all have friends like that and we are still friends with them.

The Season 5 premier proved that. When the ponies in the equal village were confused that the mane 6 had conflicting interests yet they were still good friends.

You know how she herself put it in Mare Do Well: She hates being alone. Its obvious she values friendship highly, and that would be the same no matter who she's with, even someone like Gilda! I think she'd make a great friend personally because, while she does come across as pushy and snarky at times, it's because she wants you to be at your best, the best person you can be and the best friend you can be. She'd be a great motivator, that's for sure. B)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

EqG Dashie isn't Dashie. She's a monstur.

Normal Dashie would. Boastful does not translate to unfriendly.

I dont know why you would think that?

Its the exact same personality except one is human and another is pony. Besides Rainbow Dash and the other human mane 6 still befriended sunset shimmer after she nearly destroyed the school.

Edited by GXPBlast

I'm not a Rainbow Dash fan, but I'm still going to answer. 

Rainbow Dash may have a big ego, but she's not a jerk. She still helped Twilight Sparkle after kicking her butt at soccer. She isn't only friends with Fluttershy. She is also friends with other people who aren't athletic. What's the word for someone who is a snob in the athletic sense meaning they won't be friends with someone unless that someone is an athlete? She's not like that. She would love to have a friend who enjoys sports the way she does, but she's not exclusive in her friends. If I met her, as long as I'm not a jerk to her or her friends, she wouldn't have a problem with me. If we hang out more often, then she may befriend me, but most likely, she's just going to see me as someone else. She won't be mean, but she wouldn't be my friend either. Let's not go all black and white on this. 

I dont know why you would think that?

Its the exact same personality except one is human and another is pony. Besides Rainbow Dash and the other human mane 6 still befriended sunset shimmer after she nearly destroyed the school.

The whole time during RR (this was an RR problem exclusively) she was like "this is my band", rejecting anyone else's ideas, thoughts, and opinions. Dashie isn't a selfish jerkass. In fact, her occasional boastfulness and obnoxion (it's a word now) kinda make sense to me. She ain't close to that level.

The whole time during RR (this was an RR problem exclusively) she was like "this is my band", rejecting anyone else's ideas, thoughts, and opinions. Dashie isn't a selfish jerkass. In fact, her occasional boastfulness and obnoxion (it's a word now) kinda make sense to me. She ain't close to that level.

It's obnoxiousness, not "obnoxion", that word isn't in Oxford or any important English dictionary.

And I'm sure that in the same situation, horse!Rainbow Dash would act just the same.

She is too self-centered.

She would probably act nice to you, but think negatively of you because you don't live up to her awesome expectations.

She is too self-centered.

She would probably act nice to you, but think negatively of you because you don't live up to her awesome expectations.

Yep just like she did with all of her friends now. Because all of them are athletic and awesome as her right?

I think RD should abandon her friends now since they dont have the exact same qualities as her lol.

• Brohoof 4

post-14906-0-22546600-1428958309_thumb.jpg

RainbowDash has been seen time and time again belittling her friends for their own flaws.

Her negative attitude suggests that she probably has little to no faith in their physical abilities.

She'd probably take the mick a little because I play the flute  >_>

Other than that I'd think we'd be fine. I'm kind of athletic, I love football (soccer) and most sports, I love racing, and although I'm a little nerdy at times, she might just take the mick and say "Wow... egghead haha" and then just get on with it... 

Meh I know someone at school who she would haaaate. With a passion probably  XD

Rainbow Dash seems to be someone kind overall, but our personalities are quite different.

If I try to befriend her, there shouldn't be any problem but I don't think we would become great friends.