Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Would The Ponies React To Horror Movies?

GXPBlast

(edited)

Lets just say the mane 6 and the princesses either come to our world to hang out with you or you go to Equestria bring a projector, solar panel and generate to power it, and a giant projector screen.

One of the many things you decide to share with them is horror movies clips that might really freak them out just because the ponies requested to see one of that darker sides of what us humans produce for entertainment.

Plus since the scariest being they have face is Tirek, you decide to show them this really scary scene from a horror movie known as Grave encounters which technically might freak them out even more as it can be more gorish and death is involved. Despite Tirek being scary looking he does not come close to the scary beings portrayed in horror films and the fact he has not killed anypony.

How do you think each of the ponies would react being the mane 6 and princesses?

Here is the clips in question

http://youtu.be/pbgUhb2fIMA

Edited by GXPBlast

Twilight would look over and ask, "Seriously? This is entertainment?'

Fluttershy would dive behind the couch.

Rainbow Dash would be full of bravado, but sleep under her bed at home, clutching a baseball bat and softly sobbing.

Rarity would walk out in disgust.

Applejack would wonder what she just saw.

Pinkie Pie would think to herself, "This looks familiar..."

• Brohoof 7

Well we know that ponies have campfire scary stories so at a base level they operate similar to humans on the whole 'fear = entertainment' thing. Cultural differences and technology gap mean we've probably advanced to a far greater level of scare/shock value than they have, so as a whole I think they'd be more appalled by what we show than entertained. Remember that the cascade of increasingly less censored and adulterated content in movies is the result of audiences becoming desensitized over periods of time. Ponies would need a similar amount of time to acclimate. They're probably at Psycho or The Blob at the moment in terms of what they could stomach.

(edited)

Well, since its not letting me post multiple clips, they would most likely be scared:

Twilight screams, Rainbow Dash loves it, Rarity faints, Pinkie Pie laughs, Applejacks bits her hooves, and Fluttershy cries.

Edited by Thunder-Wing

I don't think I'd have the heart to show them anything gorey.  Maybe just a scary movie where no one actually dies, but I can't even think of one.  

They'd probably be extremely scared, because as far as we know, they are in a pretty peaceful society where the worst things that have happened are being bullied or having their powers taken away.

Twilight would be suprised and wonder why this is entertainment

Fluttershy would cower and cry

Rainbow would act all tough, but then start to cower 

Rarity would walk out with a complete face of disgust

Applejack would do the same as Rainbow

Pinkie would start by laughing at the scary faces, but then maybe convert if too many deaths occur. 

(edited)

Twilight would take notes, and try to involve incredible amounts of science and prove it's fake

Fluttershy would scream and never recover

Dash would be very tough though be scared secretly

AJ would be honest and say t it's not scary, unless it's a horror movie about apples

Rarity creates horror fashion month

Pinkie laughs, her ear flops, and she knows a scary part is coming up.

Edited by TwilightSparkle<3

(edited)

Twilight- Watches, trying to analyze the psychological factors in why a character opens that door.

Fluttershy- Hide in her cottage while Angel becomes her therapist for the next three months.

Dash- Act tough whenever around ponies, but the second they turn around fly like a bat out of hell.

Rarity- Would leave and possibly disassociate herself with the ones responsible for showing the movie.

Pinkie- Be completely oblivious to the violence and laugh at the characters' stupid decisions.

Applejack- I actually think she'll enjoy the less gory horror movies.

Celestia- Banish the movies to the moon.

Luna- She'd dig it.

Cadance- Curl up in a ball, hiding behind Shining Armor.

Edited by Glike
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Uh, I don't think Pinkie Pie would laugh at horror movies. I think she would be terrified like her friends.

She laughs at funny things, no at that.

Edited by Blobulle

I can see Rarity getting to the movie fashionably late, as always, and sipping a cup of tea before it starts. She'd end up doing a spit take with her tea, ask hysterically what was going on, and when she got her answer, she'd try to get out of having to watch it somehow. If she were watching it with her friends, she'd watch it with a blatantly uneasy face the whole time, but she'd finish it :D

• Brohoof 1

Scared cuddles with Derpy while watching the movie? Hell yes.

And Celestia would laugh

Luna wouldn't be watching the movie, only the gore scenes, and listening to Avenged Sevenfold.

Cadance would make it look like she is disgusted, but she is actually loving the movie. And is the first to respond witha YES! if you as if anyone wants to watch another one.

(edited)

Twilight- points out all the logical fallacies in the movie

Applejack, Rarity: horror struck

Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash: enthralled, but scared.

Fluttershy: pissing herself behind the couch.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Twilight would look over and ask, "Seriously? This is entertainment?'

Fluttershy would dive behind the couch.

Rainbow Dash would be full of bravado, but sleep under her bed at home, clutching a baseball bat and softly sobbing.

Rarity would walk out in disgust.

Applejack would wonder what she just saw.

Pinkie Pie would think to herself, "This looks familiar..."

Yup, that's pretty spot on. xDD I love the reactions... xD

(edited)

Huh. I was actually thinking about this today.

Anyway...

Twilight: "What? Why do they always split up? When has that ever worked? Are they trying to get themselves killed?"

Rainbow Dash: "Sheesh Twilight, just enjoy the movie! I mean, two guys just got decapitated! How is that not awesome?

Rarity: "It's a shame that people are now easily entertained by taking things at face value like this."

Applejack: "You're acting like they're a lost art, or something. All of your horror movies seem the same to me. Right, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy: "..."

Pinkie: "Hahaha! She tripped over again! Hahahaha!"

Yeah, I'm kind of tired, and I don't know if I portrayed the characters that well.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

Huh. I was actually thinking about this today.

Anyway...

Twilight: "What? Why do they always split up? When has that ever worked? Are they trying to get themselves killed?"

Rainbow Dash: "Sheesh Twilight, just enjoy the movie! I mean, two guys just got decapitated! How is that not awesome?

Rarity: "It's a shame that people are now easily entertained by taking things at face value like this."

Applejack: "You're acting like they're a lost art, or something. All of your horror movies seem the same to me. Right, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy: "..."

Pinkie: "Hahaha! She tripped over again! Hahahaha!"

Yeah, I'm kind of tired, and I don't know if I portrayed the characters that well.

Awww. Ya beat me to my very own thoughts

• 2 months later...

20s-30s horror movies would creep them out.

40s horror movies are pretty tense.

50s horror movies are just the same.

60s, particularly Psycho, freak them out.

70s ones, terrorize them,

80s, ones, the same.

90s, ones, same, but, not as much,

2000s ones, with the exception of some are not that scary, just jump-scary.

Edited by Darker