Pizza Thread

Creamy Arty

(edited)

I like pizza with Hamburger, Canadian bacon, extra cheddar cheese, and mushrooms.

The wife likes anchovies on her pizza. Lucky for me no nearby delivery place offers anchovies.

Hot wings are a must as well. and Pepsi, we both love Pepsi.

and then cold pizza for breakfast.

She could just get some from the grocery store and put them on herself.  That's what I do... sometimes.

Would you like one with anchovies :comeatus:

YES I WOULD!!!  Anchovies are amazing!  There's this place nearby my old hometown of Washougal (in Camas) that used to roast them first, then place them onto the pizza.  IT WAS AMAZING!!!  ...also, you forgot the question mark.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 2

B):lol::P:D;):huh::muffins::umad: :comeatus:

Gimme some time to come up with something new, okay?  MUCH LOVES!!!

I actually love anchovies; I'm a rare creature, indeed lol.  Rather than ordering a pizza with them delicious little fishies, however, I like to prepare a frozen pizza and REMOVE the cheese (on my side) before applying my own canned anchovies.  Cheese + anchovies is a bit much, but crust + sauce + fishies = yum.  I assure you, my math is flawless! :P

I love "Hawaiian pizza."  And variations of it.  Even just pineapple on a cheese pizza is great.  I'm not opposed to throwing pineapple onto a pepperoni pizza, either.

Mushrooms = yes, please.  Black olives?  Don't mind if I do.  Green olives, even!  They're actually more flavorful / standout-ish than black olives when heated up on a pizza.  I care more about the non-meat ingredients (except anchovies which I've established are awesome) than I do about the meat.  Any type of crust is fine, but I think I've developed a preference for thin crust.

• Brohoof 1

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

YES I WOULD!!!  Anchovies are amazing!  There's this place nearby my old hometown of Washougal (in Camas) that used to roast them first, then place them onto the pizza.  IT WAS AMAZING!!!  ...also, you forgot the question mark.

Yay!  A fellow lover of anchovies lol.

• Brohoof 1

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

My personal pizza opinions: I don't think vegetable or fruit toppings belong on a pizza. (The exception to this being mushrooms. Mushrooms work for me for whatever reason.) Cheese is amazing, most meat will work, except ham. Don't like ham in general. Stuffed crust from Pizza Hut is what I'll usually order. I haven't found a good local pizza place in this crummy town yet. Best pizza I've ever had was from a place called Pizza Construction Company in Canmore, Alberta. They had an amazing 5 cheese pizza. Swiss, Monterey Jack, cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan. :D Just don't live there anymore... >_> I would always get it with Feta on it...so I guess that makes it 6 cheeses then. :P

gen_sig.png

Signature artwork by Magfen. Profile picture by @Princess Silky

Ya Ya I know, but I did not fell like going back and editing it.

...fair enough.

OOH!!!  This reminds me.  Do y'all remember the original series of the Ninja Turtles?    Well, I remember seeing one episode in my childhood in which a turtle said that they were eating pepperoni and marshmallow pizza.  Out of curiosity, I tried it.  It was actually pleasing, but then again, I was 6.

• Brohoof 1

OOH!!!  This reminds me.  Do y'all remember the original series of the Ninja Turtles?    Well, I remember seeing one episode in my childhood in which a turtle said that they were eating pepperoni and marshmallow pizza.  Out of curiosity, I tried it.  It was actually pleasing, but then again, I was 6.

That makes me want to dig up any weirdo Ninja Turtles toppings ideas and try them lol.  I'm almost stupidly fearless when it comes to unusual food combinations; I'd prolly try marshmallow + pepperoni now.  And I'm way past six. xD

zbVhNRD.gif

...fair enough.

I eat my pizza with Mayonnaise so marshmallows isnt that weird. :squee:

She could just get some from the grocery store and put them on herself.  That's what I do... sometimes.

NO! Shhhhh! Quiet! She reads these boards sometimes! Don't give her ideas! Noooooooooo!

Pizza... actually, I am not only a Hugoholic. I am also a Pizzaholic! : D I can eat almost every pizza for as long as there is no: onion, pineapple, tomato (don't mistake it with tomato sauce, I like tomato sauce/ketchup but I hate tomatoes, because this is my logic xD), olive or something very spicy like pepperoni or chili. 

My favourite one is with cheese, tomato sauce, mushrooms, paprica and some random meat (preferably chicken as a pizzeria nearby makes AWESOME pizza with chicken and I am soo addicted to it). I don't enjoy adding some additional stuff like for example ketchup, I prefer to keep my pizza "dry" :D I eat it pretty often with my friends (one time on two weeks is necesarry!) and most times we order 50 cm one (pretty big on other words xD) for 2-3 people. After that we are so full that we can barely stand up, but we regret NOTHING xD 

• Brohoof 1

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

That makes me want to dig up any weirdo Ninja Turtles toppings ideas and try them lol.  I'm almost stupidly fearless when it comes to unusual food combinations; I'd prolly try marshmallow + pepperoni now.  And I'm way past six. xD

That would be a fun experiment to do!  This might also make for a good YouTube channel...

I eat my pizza with Mayonnaise so marshmallows isnt that weird. :squee:

I've heard of others doing mayo; I've never tried it, myself.

NO! Shhhhh! Quiet! She reads these boards sometimes! Don't give her ideas! Noooooooooo!

136952059658.gif

It wasn't until last week that I realized how much better your standard cheese pizza can be if you put the cheese on first, then put the sauce on top of it.  Doing so has two benefits.  1) The cheese sticks to the crust without problems.  2) Having the sauce on top lets you enjoy all the flavors that come with it --much more than you might expect.  

mushrooms are the best thing in the universe, and you know it.

Glad I'm not the only one who's crazy about them. I recently voiced my love of mushrooms among a group of Skype friends and was met with a chorus of "EW, MUSHROOMS." Plebeians, the lot of them.

As for pizza, I'm not terribly picky. I'll take it any way I can get it. Deep dish pizzas are good for when I'm feeling like pigging out regardless of consequences. Thin crusts are great for those times I'm looking for a satisfying meal that won't leave me feeling like I'm going to die afterwards.

There's two pizzerias in my neighborhood that I'm particularly fond of. One is called Benny's Brick Oven, which has a wonderful mushroom-topped pizza, though I'm not as crazy about their other options. The other is called Posh, which serves personal pizzas with the thinnest crusts I've ever had - so thin that I was initially hesitant to spend money on something that I thought would leave me wanting more. My fears were unfounded. They'll be seeing much more business from me in the future. ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

MMMMMMMMMM!!!

I love pizza, and as a New Yorker, eating pizza is a big part of the city's lifestyle. You see so many pizzerias throughout, from Manhattan to the outer boroughs. Hell, I make it myself at home occasionally. We have a big baking pan at home just to make these rectangular pies, and we normally use fresh, all-natural, organic ingredients, including the dough.

When I'm out, because there are so many options, I usually stay away from the tourist traps and pizza chains and focus on the mom and pop shops. To tell you the truth, compared to the Domino's, Pizza Hut, Ray's, and Sbarro pizzas, mom and pop shops are factually better in every way. The ingredients are fresher (most of the time; if it's canned, I never buy that pizza again). The taste is brighter and more balanced. And it's much more fulfilling.

What I look for in a pizza? Simple.

1. Fresh, high-quality ingredients. This means the crust, cheese, pizza sauce, and toppings that I request. They must feel fresh and taste fresh. No canned bullshit. If corners are cut, I won't return.
  2. There must be some black char on the bottom. There's nothing better than either a coal-oven or brick-oven pizza because the smokiness entraps the pizza and gives it that wonderful earthiness. The dark brown and black char itself enhances the flavor.
  3. As an option, especially when the fancier restaurants deliver the really thin pizza, I really love this:

460-basil_802346c.jpg

I LOVE basil! Especially in pizza, because it complements with the sauce. When fresh basil is available in pizzerias I eat at, I tear them up, sprinkle them everywhere, and take a big bite out of it to taste the balance of flavors. When I make pizza at home, I usually add a ton of basil (both in pesto form and fresh from the stem) to liven the sauce and then will add even more after they're fully baked.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

(edited)

I like all kinds of pizza's, just as long as they have a good and solid dough. I hate soggy pizza's!

Edited by Guest

(edited)

Pizza's gr8, but in Greeley CO, we barely have any pizza places.

From the top of my head, we have Pizza Hut, Blackjack's, Domino's and.. ick, Roma's..

Roma's is terrible. The pizza tastes like cardboard and it's basically the only pizza place I've eaten at so far that I actually despise.

Also,

PEPPERONI IS DELICIOUS :D

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 1

A wise man once said, "Pizzas are like Schwarzeneggar action flicks: when they're good, they're great, and when they're bad, they're still pretty good."  Or maybe it was the other way around--Schwarzeneggar flicks are like pizza.  Doesn't matter.  Same message.

I consider myself a conoisseur of pizza.  I like every type, but I'm picky about the quality, and judge pizzas like a food critic.

My favorites, in order (Many of these are hole-in-the-wall, indie places):

1.  Chi-Chi's.  (Not Ci-Ci's.  Completely different)

2.  Duca's

3.  Poor Richard's

4.  Hell's Kitchen

5.  Caveman Cavie's

6.  June Lake Hippie Pizza (don't remember the actual name.  It probably didn't have one.  We'll never know.)

7.  Topper's

8.  JBJ's Roundup (this would be Applejack's favorite restaurant, hands down.  You can just tell by the name)

9.  Il Vicino

10.  A Little Pizza Heaven (doesn't exist anymore, sadly)

Honorable mentions: Ojai Pizza, Bocalli's, Avanti, Bj's, Marco's, Sbarro, Old Chicago

I hope I didn't leave anyone important out.

• Brohoof 1

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

I love pizza so much. My favorite toppings are bacon, ham and pepperoni. I have three pizza places near me which we use from time to time: a Domino's, a Pizza Hut and a small one called Bubba Pizza. I can never decide which is best.

• Brohoof 1

I love pizza with thick crust and cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Though I love four cheese pizza the best. All your cheese belongs to me.

It usually doesn't matter which of those kinds it is, but if it's thick crust, then the crust is always my favorite part. Since I start eating at the tip and work my way towards the crust, and the crust is the last thing I taste, I just seem to like it more than the actual toppings.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I need sliced meat, I love mushrooms, I love olives, love bell pepper, anything spicy and anchovies! (and basil)   :wub:

I Dont care about the crust

Or I could just go with a pesto pizza :D

Edited by Tetris3d
  • Brohoof 2

cmxKh.gif