Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which mythical creatures do you think should be met in Season 5?

~ Dr. Ocsid ~

(edited)

There already were a lot of mythical creatures in the show: basilisk, centaur, minotaur, dragons, hydra, manticor, chimera, gryphons, and so on.

So which mythical creatures should be met by whom in the next Season in your opinion?

I go with these three:

The Spirit of the Forest:

Most old, large forests have a myth about an spirit that protects/haunts/lives in/all at once the forest.

And there is no forest greater, darker, more mysterious, than the Everfree Forest.

So it would be very intersting if Fluttershy meets the Spirit of Everfree Forest.

I imagine the Spirit as a large, silvery-blue deer whith antlers like curvy branches of ancient trees. 

It should have a mane of a plant like Ivy, and a hindquerters that seem to merge with the forest.

It also should have the friendly and calm eyes of a deer, but at the same time the vicious, dripping theeth of a bear. 

Yep, thats what I think the Spirit of Everfree Forest would look like.

The Glatisant:

A not very well known creature with the head and neck of a snake, the body of a leopard, the haunches of a lion and the feet of a hart. It is also known as "The Questing Beast", for loving nothing more than being hunted (when its hunter Sir Pedrag fell of his horse and died, it was so sad that it drunk several lakes) and "The Barking Hound", for "barking as loud as a thousand wild hunting hounds hunting", when its hunter lost its track. This is quiet easy, since it is very fast, can teleport, vanish into the backgrounds, and move trees and rocks to conceal it or block the way of the hunter.

I think it would be quite possible that Discord creates such a thing, sets it free in the Everfree Forest, and then proclaims he would create a whole lot of bucks (or something like that) for the pony who catches the creature alive.

The Sphinx:

This one is very well known, I think: A lion with an eagles wing and the head of a young woman (maybe a pony in the show). When someone crosses its path, they have to pass a test (usually a riddle) or be eaten. The perfect opponent for Twilight Sparkle, I think.

So, which mythical creatures do you want to see in the show?

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord
  • Brohoof 3

The Bumbles, the Bushwoolies, the Furbobs, the Troggles, the Grundles, and the Stonebacks.

Just off the top of my head.

... Okay but for real, as for actual mythical creatures, I'd love to see a Basilisk on the show. Perhaps even have ghost ponies or something to introduce the supernatural. Maybe have a Banshee on there to do that.

Kirin:

kirin2.jpg

Its basically the chinese version of the unicorn. That would be pretty dope.

The mane6 travels to a asiatic kingdom that is populated with Kirin. Adventure happens! BOOM!

• Brohoof 1

A Makusian.

We have one on these very forums, and they're an extremely interesting being - they transcend all mortals and are above the law - NO! - beyond it. 

Getting a Makusian on the show would be hard work, though..hmm...

• Brohoof 2

Trolls, fairies...

Tirek is a centaur. :)

Oh yeah (saying that he is a demon centaur XD) but it would be good to see one part from villian wise a less well demon Tirek made me wonder about centaurs to be honest...

Oh yeah (saying that he is a demon centaur XD) but it would be good to see one part from villian wise a less well demon Tirek made me wonder about centaurs to be honest...

Scorpan in G1 was more of a flying beast, but they did mention that Scorpan was Tirek's brother, so he could possibly be a centaur as well. On the other hoof, I don't think he's a centaur in G4 though as the way they drew him in that "storybook" thing they used to show Tirek's backstory didn't make him seem like a centaur at all.

(edited)

I am not sure. There has been so many already but perhaps if they come out with more, it should come from the sea? What aquatic mythological creatures can we think of?

Lets see....

Leviathan, sea dragons, the good old merponies, sirens, charybdis, karkinosi, white wales, chaleuche, krakens, hippokampi. Thats all that came to my mind.

(Aren´t merponies and hippokampi essentially the same?)

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord
  • Brohoof 2

I am not sure. There has been so many already but perhaps if they come out with more, it should come from the sea? What aquatic mythological creatures can we think of?

We also have Kelpies.

Kelpie.jpg

That are ugly, douchebag horses that live in lakes and eat you.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A hippogriff would be interesting and fitting ;)

Likewise, I'd like to see Sleipner, the 8 legged horse of Norse Myth, on here. That would be downright appropriate (plus, he's kinda bummed about not being in the Thor movies).

In fact...

granny_pie_by_rannva-d4aoqs1.jpg

A Shisa, a Japanese creature--mainly in Okinawan folklore--that's a combination between lion and dog. He could be a furry samurai!

Son Wuukong, AKA the Monkey King. To make it perfect, he could be voiced by Sean Schemmel ;)

A Makusian.

We have one on these very forums, and they're an extremely interesting being - they transcend all mortals and are above the law - NO! - beyond it. 

Mind providing a link? I'd like to know more.

Edited by Jangobadass

I kinda want to see a Jersey Devil which is a carnivorous winged horse. A kelpie would be cool to. Kelpie's are basically sirens or mermaids, but equine shaped and look a bit like changelings that have been underwater for a month.

• Brohoof 1

Wait which myths are these from I've read a lot about mythical creatures and I have never heard of these.

I had to look that up, because i thought they where of scandinavian origin, but wasn't sure anymore. Turns out they are actually scottish.

I'd love to see gargoyles, yet Scorpan is one even though they never really showed him, I also would love to see a Jersey Devil, zombies, vampires and maybe even ghosts. That's probably saying a lot though.

You know what would be perfect, actually? The Questing Beast. I could see some fun shenanigans involving an episode with that strange creature. Extra points if there's a pony named Pellinor somewhere.

Hippogriffs would be cool as well, give that griffons are already established.

Drakons. I want to see a drakon. Not dragon. Drakon

A Makusian.

What are these? Why when I google them does Kitsune come up? Is that what you mean?

(edited)

A cyclops.  Named Bob.  He must be named Bob!!

Post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-g

I think.

I think I'm just gonna say "every single mythological creature that is in the Percy Jackson.Kane Chronicles/Heroes of Olympus series".

Edited by TheShyPony