Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where have you gotten the most hate for being a Brony?

Clockwork Chaos

Hey guys, i got thinking about this topic when i was faffing around on my meme-site of preference called Tickld, which is a super friendly place with a strong sense of community, but a meme about MLP came up and the comment section was just mired in vitriol and disdain for us, you know the sort, everyone asserting that we have toys of Rainbow Dash that we bone and then nuzzle with out neck-beards ...

and then i got thinking that i've not had it that bad anywhere else, haven't heard a bad word about it on facebook, and no one has berated me for it in real life, though youtube is pretty bad for straight up insulting me...

so where have you found the most hate thrown at you for being a Brony?

Yo, @Clockwork Chaos. As your topic deals with something MLP-related other than the Friendship is Magic show itself, which would include the fandom and how people in it are treated, I have moved your topic from General Discussion to Sugarcube Corner.

General Discussion is the best place for non-MLP/brony discussions that do not fit elsewhere, while Sugarcube Corner is the best place for any manner of MLP-related/brony discussion that does not directly involve the Friendship is Magic show itself.

School. Most if not all of my friends are either anti-brony or just have no interest in cartoons.

My anti-brony friends eventually found me out and while they did check out an episode, they later went on about how much they hated it and how confused they were to see so many adults and teens watching the show and actually enjoying it.

They do compliment my pony sketches though, so I suppose I don't get it as bad as some. :)

I don't tend to display my powerlevel often. The most I ever do is wear mlp shirts, which at a college is fairly normal.

But 4chan man, it is a insta-ban if you post pony outside /mlp/, so while that is not really hate it is the closest I have come outside the normal "you watch a kids show, I bet you watch barney too" comment on various websites.

And that one time this feminist was screaming at me for wearing a fluttershy t-shirt, saying I was "stealing things from little girls like the oppressive shitlord all men are", this same girl we then booked on destruction of property later that night. Girl was crazy.

• Brohoof 1

I don't tend to display my powerlevel often. The most I ever do is wear mlp shirts, which at a college is fairly normal.

But 4chan man, it is a insta-ban if you post pony outside /mlp/, so while that is not really hate it is the closest I have come outside the normal "you watch a kids show, I bet you watch barney too" comment on various websites.

And that one time this feminist was screaming at me for wearing a fluttershy t-shirt, saying I was "stealing things from little girls like the oppressive shitlord all men are", this same girl we then booked on destruction of property later that night. Girl was crazy.

Goddamn feminists...I hate them so much,batshit women with a warped thought pattern

• Brohoof 1

Goddamn feminists...I hate them so much,batshit women with a warped thought pattern

I think this chick was crazy from the get go. We got her for pissing on a statue of Buda(however you spell that), because the statue was of a man, and there fore oppressive some how. Girl was totally nuts, I just think extreme feminism was the first thing to capture her crazy mind.

I think this chick was crazy from the get go. We got her for pissing on a statue of Buda(however you spell that), because the statue was of a man, and there fore oppressive some how. Girl was totally nuts, I just think extreme feminism was the first thing to capture her crazy mind.

*Buddha

And she sounds nuts, extremists just ruin everything for everyone.

As for me... My own friends actually! The most vehement haters I know who make fun of me on a regular basis are also some of my best friends besides. It's actually a joke with us, my being a brony.

Wow. That is really offensive. Not a person that I would want within a mile radius of me.

Yea, we just figured she was a nutcase so we handed her over to mental services. Because only nutcases and people from tumblr go on rants about how bronies are mysonginistic because we like a girls show.

• Brohoof 1

Yea, we just figured she was a nutcase so we handed her over to mental services. Because only nutcases and people from tumblr go on rants about how bronies are mysonginistic because we like a girls show.

That is good that you turned her in to the necessary authorities.

I haven't actually received any hate at all, really. The worst I see is when something pony gets on Facebook when people aren't expecting it, but I've never been personally called names or anything. I even have pony figures on my desk at work, and some of my co-workers are even fans of the show themselves.

That being said, I really don't advertise my like of pony outside of pony-specific sites and in scenarios where I'm comfortable, so that could explain the lack of personal stories of brony-hate.

• Brohoof 1

Real life, people who hate bronies usually say they just mean guys if i said i like mlp.

A social network i'm on called darkstarlings seems to hate bronies.  lol, i think i might be the only one on there.  XD

I get the worst hate from everywhere, but its not to a level that I would say its horrible, its normally just the common troll who has ran out of insults, they try, we laugh and move on.

The only place I have gotten any hard core hate was this one grocery store but to be fair that is only because of this one random guy I ran into while I was in the checkout line. He was there with his two young daughter and while he didn't say anything to me the look on his face told me that he was pissed and what didn't help was that one of his daughters asked me "why are you wearing a My Little Pony shirt?" other than that I have only gotten the occasional WTF stare which I find hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

My home.

I have experienced no hate whatsoever other than the hate from my mother.

In her own words, she is practically ashamed of having me as a son because I like ponies.

The only place I have gotten any hard core hate was this one grocery store but to be fair that is only because of this one random guy I ran into while I was in the checkout line. He was there with his two young daughter and while he didn't say anything to me the look on his face told me that he was pissed and what didn't help was that one of his daughters asked me "why are you wearing a My Little Pony shirt?" other than that I have only gotten the occasional WTF stare which I find hilarious.

Honestly, I envy such people if they have the time to worry about what shirt someone's wearing.

In her own words, she is practically ashamed of having me as a son because I like ponies.

Sorry to hear that, my Mom dosen't like me wearing pony shirts in public but dosen't have a problem with me being interested in them. She is worried that people will think I am pedophile and that crazies will try to jump me (good luck with trying to beat up a 315 pound weight lifter).

Honestly, I envy such people if they have the time to worry about what shirt someone's wearing.

It was obvious that the guy thought I was a pedophile of course the awkward thing about it is my Mom was with me during this incident. What made me sad about that encounter is that this guy is teaching his own young daughters to judge people for something as harmless as watching a cartoon that is outside of their "target demographic". I live in Southern California so there aren't many guys that fit this category where I live but this guy was a bit of a hillbilly stereotype and I suspect may have been from out of state.

It was obvious that the guy thought I was a pedophile of course the awkward thing about it is my Mom was with me during this incident. What made me sad about that encounter is that this guy is teaching his own young daughters to judge people for something as harmless as watching a cartoon that is outside of their "target demographic". I live in Southern California so there aren't many guys that fit this category where I live but this guy was a bit of a hillbilly stereotype and I suspect may have been from out of state.

Yeah, I guess I need to view it in context. We don't live in an ideal world.

I actually have never gotten hate for being a pegasister. However, my best friend tends to poke fun at me for it.

Actually, on a small forum owned and frequented by some old friends. The owner ... didn't really take the fact that I like MLP kindly (let's call the person 'Rolf'). Rolf's reaction was quite harsh, though Rolf seemed to let it go after the first burst, and it hasn't been brought up very much at all ever since. Otherwise, I haven't ever received hate, surprising as it may seem. :)

I get messages on Xbox sometimes. People see my clan tag "MLPF" on CoD and team kill me for no reason, and just try to be annoying to me for the duration of the game.It's happened on Facebook too.

Other than that, I don't get hate from anywhere else really. I mean couple of my friends joke about it sometimes,but nothing serious.Well, except for one friend. He posts the odd anti-brony thing on Facebook.

To the surprise of nobody; Tumblr.

I have a pony icon and oppose a lot of the "social justice warrior" shenanigans that go on, so instantly I'm a misogynistic white male atheist brony. The fact I'm not misogynistic, atheist, or even a man doesn't deter them from insulting me. Then I'm supporting men stealing something from girls and I have internalized misogyny or something.

I've learned to tune them out. If they can't see the hypocrisy of "Break gender roles! Girls can like guy things but guys liking My Little Pony is creepy and they better stop doing it!" then they're not worth listening to.

(edited)

... ... everyone asserting that we have toys of Rainbow Dash that we bone and then nuzzle with out neck-beards ...

... ... ... O.o

*looks at self*

*slowly takes down Rainbow Dash toy from shelf*

*grunts to clear throat, pretending as if nothing happened*

lol jk

and then i got thinking that i've not had it that bad anywhere else, haven't heard a bad word about it on facebook, and no one has berated me for it in real life, though youtube is pretty bad for straight up insulting me...

Wut!  O.o  You tell people on Facebook?  Blasphemy!

haha jk.  I wish It was easy to be that "open" about it.  Cruel world.  None of my immediate family knows that I'm sick with the brony 

(as far as I am aware..)

Aren't we sort of feminists?  O.o

Edited by John