Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which illness symptom do you hate the most?

Akemi Homura

Tinnitus is really annoying. Good thing I have to deal with it almost all of the time.

Same with migraine auras. My migraines aren't that bad, but I have auras ALL THE TIME.

Ouch, my cousin used to complain about those. Do things get all foggy for you preceding migraines?

Um... I like being sick. :blink: I don't know why, but it makes me so happy that I can just stay at home and not do anything, and that nothing's expected of me. I actually become a sweeter person when I'm sick :3

But uh, if I had to pick just one... body aches. I can do without those.

Strong headaches to the point of not being able to bear light is on top. Ear infections, had one a year ago. Hurts like hell when waking up with one. Usually when it's winter again, i'm always guaranteed of getting an illness of some sort. :huh:

to be serious now the worst illness symptom around is death, or without dying losing a limb or something. Some illnesses cause that you know. My least favorite symptom i have experienced comes from the illness, "After-Surgery-sickness." Normally for surgery they knock you out right? Well when i woke up i was so tired i couldn't even open my eyes. UGH I COULDNT EVEN MOVE. Then the worst symptom was trying to walk a couple days later. I got up to use the washroom and ended up nearly puking instead. Bluh, if you ever want to go to the hospital for the attention, ITS NOT WORTH IT MAN.

Headaches, eye pain, trouble using the bathroom and feeling weak

Headaches and stomaches. Mostly headaches because when I have them, I feel as though I can't even THINK. One time, I got so bad a headache that I threw up several times. I've known the blinding pain of some truly bad headaches. The good thing about most headaches though is that they go away with sleep and pills most of the time.

Since the topic doesn't specify that we must experience the symptoms ourselves, I will share which symptom I hate seeing the most. I think I am going to use a spoiler tag since this is going to be extremely graphic. Seriously, view only at your own risk. I'm a doctor and seeing this unnerves me. You have been warned.

Skin sloughing/necrosis!! As seen in Steven Johnson syndrome:

Posted Image

Or, as seen after the bite of a brown recluse spider:

Posted Image

Skin sloughing/necrosis freaks me out!

Since the topic doesn't specify that we must experience the symptoms ourselves, I will share which symptom I hate seeing the most. I think I am going to use a spoiler tag since this is going to be extremely graphic. Seriously, view only at your own risk. I'm a doctor and seeing this unnerves me. You have been warned.

Skin sloughing/necrosis!! As seen in Steven Johnson syndrome:

Posted Image

Or, as seen after the bite of a brown recluse spider:

Posted Image

Skin sloughing/necrosis freaks me out!

post-1372-0-35888200-1332728872_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

post-1372-0-35888200-1332728872_thumb.jpg

Pretty much the reaction I was expecting. All symptoms suck but skin sloughing/necrosis freaks me out! I'll take coughing, sneezing, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, bleeding, double-vision, inflammation and many more over that any time.
  • Brohoof 1

Nausea/dizziness, which I'm currently experiencing

I was at my school's fair today and I went on a cheap amusement park ride that spins you around really fast

I rode it at about 2:00, and it's quarter to 10 right now... I'm still dizzy

Vomiting. If I'm sick enough, usually vomiting doesn't even relieve me. It just gives me a horrible taste in my mouth and then I still feel like shit.

Oh, and if you're a woman, you know how bad menstrual cramps can get, even if they aren't technically an illness symptom (a woman's fertility isn't a disease, dammit). I mean, usually I can take a couple pills and the pain will subside enough to be able to carry on with life. But there are days where the pain is bad enough and I become so fatigued that all I'm good for is taking space on the couch with a heating pad on my stomach. Granted, these cramps are supposed to prepare you for childbirth, buuuuut they still suck.

SORE. FLIPPING. THROATS.

Oh, this one sucks too. I'm a singer and I enjoy talking so whenever I get a sore throat, life gets a little more painful.

• 7 years later...