Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I like Mirrors more than their debut, actually.

A bit more diverse, I think.

I'll probably check out Mirrors when I'm done with Of Malice And Magnum Heart, So far in the album I've gotta say that it's definitely a good one. How could I have not heard them until now.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna post what I'm currently listening to right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbTcSm0dDI

I listen to a ton of Metalcore and now I've gotta say that I love these guys, they're an awesome band for sure.

Also taking Crispy's advice and I'm gonna start listening to this Misery Signals album, I doubt that it will be bad

I don't really like metalcore but, that song was really good. I should probably listen to more of their stuff.

I never liked Slayer, probably because I just didn't like the vocalist.

Hell Awaits you my friend, a land South of Heaven where demons Reign in Blood and Show No Mercy and you will be exiled to spend Seasons in the Abyss. 

I'm punny :3

Oh yea, I listened to that song you posted. It's not my kind of music.

Well I'm just gonna post some Electric Wizard now, this album is underrated IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwPDUTH19g

I don't really like metalcore but, that song was really good. I should probably listen to more of their stuff.

Yes you should check out that whole album, I put it as a high recommendation. and why don't you like Metalcore, it's some good stuff, I can get why you wouldn't like Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying and a lot of the other more well known bands, but there's a whole world of Metalcore waiting for you.

Yes you should check out that whole album, I put it as a high recommendation. and why don't you like Metalcore, it's some good stuff, I can get why you wouldn't like Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying and a lot of the other more well known bands, but there's a whole world of Metalcore waiting for you.

I haven't tried Arteyu or Killswitch Engage but I did listen to a As I Lay dying song once and I didn't like it. I forgot what it was called, but I didn't like it. I also didn't like Bullet for My Valentine or The Devil Wears Prada.

I haven't tried Arteyu or Killswitch Engage but I did listen to a As I Lay dying song once and I didn't like it. I forgot what it was called, but I didn't like it. I also didn't like Bullet for My Valentine or The Devil Wears Prada.

Forevermore, braaaaaah. Out of all the modern metalcore (and usually very, very underwhelming) bands to emerge of late, I hold Forevermore to be the exception.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bullet for My Valentine and The Devil Wears Prada are both bad bands. I don't think you should try Atreyu or Killswitch Engage since I already know that you're gonna hate them. Check out Norma Jean, Shai Hulud, and Integrity those guys I think you'll like.

Forevermore, braaaaaah. Out of all the modern metalcore (and usually very, very underwhelming) bands to emerge of late, I hold Forevermore to be the exception.

I love you so much Twili

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 1

Bullet for My Valentine and The Devil Wears Prada are both bad bands. I don't think you should try Atreyu or Killswitch Engage since I already know that you're gonna hate them. Check out Norma Jean, Shai Hulud, and Integrity those guys I think you'll like.

I love you so much Twili

One metalcore band I have in mind is Cancer Bats. They're supposed to be metalcore mixed with sludge metal. I kinda like sludge metal but I'm kinda mehish on metalcore. I'm not sure if I'll like them or not.

(edited)

One metalcore band I have in mind is Cancer Bats. They're supposed to be metalcore mixed with sludge metal. I kinda like sludge metal but I'm kinda mehish on metalcore. I'm not sure if I'll like them or not.

Cancer Bats aren't really that good, I listened to Hail Destroyer and the only good song from it was the first track, the rest of the stuff fails to match it.

Try out Norma Jean I think that you'd like them quite a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agdu9IQoywE

Edited by Moog

I liked that Norma Jean song, I like how it's very punk sounding. I'm also in the middle of listening to The Dark Side of the Moon. I needed something non-metal to listen to, after that I'm gonna listen to London Calling.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I liked that Norma Jean song, I like how it's very punk sounding.

The reason why it's Punk sounding is because older Metalcore bands were closer to being Hardcore bands than they were to being Metal bands. You should also listen to Integrity and Shai Hulud when you feel like more Metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQIDDyP-aQ

Edited by Moog

The reason why it's Punk sounding is because older Metalcore bands were closer to being Hardcore bands than they were to being Metal bands. You should also listen to Integrity and Shai Hulud when you feel like more Metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQIDDyP-aQ

I'll listen to them some other time. Like I said before, I'm listening to DSOTM right now. This isn't metal related but, have you listened to London Calling before? It's punk mixed with a bunch of different genres like jazz, ska, folk, pop, rockabilly and even reggae. 

I'll listen to them some other time. Like I said before, I'm listening to DSOTM right now. This isn't metal related but, have you listened to London Calling before? It's punk mixed with a bunch of different genres like jazz, ska, folk, pop, rockabilly and even reggae. 

I haven't listened to The Clash yet, and I haven't really planned on it at all, though maybe I'll try it out sometime else.

Anyways leaving TDEP here, because I might as well

(edited)
I haven't listened to The Clash yet, and I haven't really planned on it at all, though maybe I'll try it out sometime else.

I actually ignored The Clash when I first heard of them, it wasn't untill I listened to all of London Calling that I started paying attention to them.

Here's one of my favorite songs from London Calling.

Just to keep things metal, I'm gonna post a Tool song.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I never liked Slayer, probably because I just didn't like the vocalist. Avantasia is on the other end of the spectrum, with one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

Oh yeah, Tobias Sammett has a pretty cool voice. Did a sustained F#5 during The Scarecrow live. Have you heard some of his stuff in Edguy? They're some older sounding power metal.

I'm more into the harsher power metal vocalists though. Hansi Kursch, Tim Owens, and Matt Barlow for me. Two of them just so happen to be in Iced Earth.

Oh yeah, Tobias Sammett has a pretty cool voice. Did a sustained F#5 during The Scarecrow live. Have you heard some of his stuff in Edguy? They're some older sounding power metal.

Yeah I like most of Edguy's stuff, I just like what he's done in Avantasia a lot more.

Hansi Kursch

Instant points for my favorite vocalist, although I wouldn't exactly call him that harsh of a vocalist. I'm really hoping for Demons & Wizards to release another album sometime soon.

Hey guys, my Emperor CD came in the mail today. (Like I predicted it would.) This is like the most kvlt CD that I own.

tumblr_mn0w5e0kTw1ro0r9eo3_1280.jpg

And this is my CD collection so far, it needs A LOT of work. Hopefully I'll be able to go to Amoeba soon and buy some stuff, I have tons of money saved up from my daily allowance.

tumblr_mn0w5e0kTw1ro0r9eo1_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Was going through my computer and came upon Individual Thought Patterns... I remember listening through that album a gajillion times. Excluding the title track, there was always one thing I could find about that album which I liked.

Also, I like the remaster better than the original recording - snare is more noticeable despite being thud-y

Edited by NeverNeverland

(edited)
On 2013-05-18 at 9:39 PM, Jinx said:

Instant points for my favorite vocalist, although I wouldn't exactly call him that harsh of a vocalist. I'm really hoping for Demons & Wizards to release another album sometime soon.

Oh yeah, that's right. I just meant that he's pretty harsh in comparison to a lot of other power metal vocalists. Though not always, of course.

Edited by Railrunner

Ehhh, feeling kinda upset right now. There's a bunch of bullshit going on right now. I find myself listening to these guys.

Damn, whatever is going really isn't my business, but I hope that you'll get better sometime soon.

Anyways I'm leaving this right here:

• Brohoof 1

Damn, whatever is going really isn't my business, but I hope that you'll get better sometime soon.

This is pretty much what I'm always thinking. Whenever anyone posts something personal, I'm don't post about it because I don't really know how to help. Anyone else feel this?

On a semi-related note,

• Brohoof 1

This is pretty much what I'm always thinking. Whenever anyone posts something personal, I'm don't post about it because I don't really know how to help. Anyone else feel this?

I'd think that there's many people out there who would think the same thing.

Leaving some Baroness

And some Black Tusk as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSzgEdAzPdk

Yeah, not sure why I even brought it up. Guess 'cause I figured we're all bros and all and can handle bro stuff maturely. Like bros.

More Human Abstract for you.