Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is it that Twilight's tree was the only thing destroyed?

ggg-2

Surely the blast radius should have been greater than what it was. And yet the tree was the only thing destroyed in the blast. Furthermore, Twilight's castle appeared outside of Ponyville. So does that mean there are charred smoldering remains of a tree in the center of town? That's.....dark.

Yeah, there probably should have been some collateral damage, and, yeah, there's a ruined library there now. Welcome to Ponyville! (So much for the tourism...)

(edited)

We can't be 100% sure how magical explosions and their radius work in that place.

Edited by DifferentStereotype

Who knows,maybe the charred tree will grow and house the new future mane 6! lol

Anyways one would have expected not just the tree to be destroyed only,but perhaps Tirek is good at regulating his energy blasts like characters in dbz.

Tirek seemed to have a thing against trees in general. There was another scene of him tearing up a forest for no real reason in that episode. :/

• Brohoof 2

Tirek seemed to have a thing against trees in general. There was another scene of him tearing up a forest for no real reason in that episode. :/

How can anybody hate trees? :-) Doesn't everybody want to be a tree? Seriously though it will be interesting to see how they deal with the aftermath.

Well, I doubt the animators were going for scientific accuracy when they did that scene, but in-universe...nope, I have nothing.

Unless Tirek is, as others have said, good as concentrating the radius of any explosion caused by him.

There are several possibilities that come to mind.

First of all, how do you know it was the only thing destroyed? The shot was focused on the tree - you couldn't tell if there was something around it or behind it that was destroyed or not.

Second of all, It's possible that the damage in the blast's epicenter was much more significant than at it's edges because it was targeted with accuracy at the tree itself. It's magic, after all.

Thirdly... poor tree :(

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure they'll do something about the destroyed library during the season 5 (I hope so... :huh:).

You're not the only one.

Btw this wasn't as strong as Tirek hit Twilight later.

Well, it's never been confirmed that only Fort Treehouse was destroyed, so it's possible there still was some offscreen collateral damage. Also, AFAIK, the library was placed in a somewhat empty area, so the debris might just not have flown away far enough (but I doubt that, considering stuff like grenade shrapnel can litterally fly hundreds of meters away).

I hope we'll see some more stuff about it in Season 5, because a charred tree in the middle of a town is indeed fucking weird. Also, Ponyville lacks a (public) library now. I hope they'll at least repair it and get a new librarian if Twalot isn't going to be the librarian again (which she isn't, because, y'know. Cold Crystal Treehouse that shouldn't be there is there),

• 1 month later...

I am just wondering. Why did Tirek destroy the library? Because he said Twilight wouldn't live in a library anymore I think it was intentional. And what did he mean by "You're going to give me what I want?"

Surely the blast radius should have been greater than what it was. And yet the tree was the only thing destroyed in the blast. Furthermore, Twilight's castle appeared outside of Ponyville. So does that mean there are charred smoldering remains of a tree in the center of town? That's.....dark.

Her house isn't in the centre of town (Town Hall is :P), its actually on the edge of Ponyville.

One of the season 5 episodes is apparently about Twilight coming to terms with the loss of Golden Oaks Library.

I am just wondering. Why did Tirek destroy the library? Because he said Twilight wouldn't live in a library anymore I think it was intentional. And what did he mean by "You're going to give me what I want?"

The Alicorn Magic of all 4 princesses.

Edited by Shire Pony Malinter

He was aiming at Twilight who happened to be in her library.

Why the heck would he hurt her? What did he mean when he said "You're going to give me what I want?" (That sentence sounded like sexual innuendo, to be honest.) And why didn't he just eat Twilight's magic rather than just killing her? Why did he want all the pony magic? He would be KILLING all the ponies. Tirek has to be THE CRUELEST villian from the show ever.

Edited by SunsetDemon

Why the heck would he hurt her? What did he mean when he said "You're going to give me what I want?" (That sentence sounded like sexual innuendo, to be honest.) And why didn't he just eat Twilight's magic rather than just killing her? Why did he want all the pony magic? He would be KILLING all the ponies. Tirek has to be THE CRUELEST villian from the show ever.

I guess he had to weaken her before taking her magic.

Why the heck would he hurt her?

Well he is an evil villain.

What did he mean when he said "You're going to give me what I want?" (That sentence sounded like sexual innuendo, to be honest.)

The Alicorn magic! Hello!

And why didn't he just eat Twilight's magic rather than just killing her?

It's not easy to absorb the powers of someone who keeps running away. Just ask Cell.

Why did he want all the pony magic?

What else, but to become all-powerful? Did you even pay attention?

He would be KILLING all the ponies. Tirek has to be THE CRUELEST villian from the show ever.

8ZkAeAm.jpg