Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Still a brony?

DaringDashie

(edited)

This is going to be my first topic so Im not really sure if its in the right place to post it or not, apologies in advanced if it isn't.

Well, on to the topic - I myself seem to never watch a single episode now in days. I actually haven't watched an MLP:FiM episode since the 3rd season ended, not really because I suddenly dislike MLP or anything but, I guess because Iv slowly lost interest.

I still consider myself to be a brony/pegasister and am active in the community/fandom though. 

Im kinda hoping that this is just a faze.  :unsure:

Anyway, Im just curious to see if there is anyone else out there who doesn't watch the show anymore or very rarely watches the show but, continues to keep with in the fandom and considers themselves to be a brony or pegasister. 

Thanks~

Edited by DaringDashie
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I haven't watched an episode for a while either, primarily is cause they're not interesting once you've already watched them.

Edit: It's still nice to occasionally watch an episode or two if you're bored, like today, I watched Party of One cause I was bored.

Edited by Mitchfizz05

(edited)

I haven't watched an episode since about 1 month, but I still consider myself as a brony.

I love the show and to talk about it, but I have other interests (right now I'm into Breaking Bad...)

However, when the season 5 will premiere, I'll watch it right away, that's for sure. :)

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

I rarely watch the show anymore myself. Hell, ive still six episodes till I finish the latest season and while that isn't a lot, I really don't have much motivation to want to do just that. It took so much willpower to even start catching up when i was a full half of the season behind.

Even with that, I still consider myself a brony since i still adore the show and the community (for the most part) as a plus.

• Brohoof 1

It's not like you have to watch the series over and over again to be a fan. I consider someone a brony if they consider themselves to be a brony.

You should totally watch season 4, though. It's great.

• Brohoof 3

I actually haven't watched an MLP:FiM episode since the 3rd season ended, not really because I suddenly dislike MLP or anything but, I guess because Iv slowly lost interest.

I got into MLP when Season 3 was still coming out maybe 14 months ago. I haven't finished S4 quite yet got like 3 or 4 episodes to go. Season 4 is actually pretty good, when I do actually watch an episode I enjoy it. Everyone loses interest in the hiatus. Personally I listen to pony music mixes constantly as I enjoyed it before I even watched the show. Most people don't watch the show in the off season unless they are rewatching from the beginning which I've done a few times, but skipping some episodes. By the time S5 rolls around you'll be hype, me I watch maybe one episode every 2 weeks at best.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Of course you are still a brony, you're on the MLP Forums!  ^_^

In my opinion, it doesn't take much to be a brony. If you like little ponies, then that's good enough for me. Not to mention the fact that you've watched the first three seasons.

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 2

i have watched every episode at least once and unless i would be watching them with someone else, i see no need to watch them again.

i watched some of my favourite episodes twice though.

the fun part of this fandom, however, is and was the community and fan-produced-content for me.

the show is mostly just to get you in the mood.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anyway, Im just curious to see if there is anyone else out there who doesn't watch the show anymore or very rarely watches the show but, continues to keep with in the fandom and considers themselves to be a brony or pegasister. 

Thanks~

While I haven't been a fan of MLP for long so I have no fatigue and cannot really talk with any authority about getting tired of the Ponies, I can say that there is one property that I have been a massive fan for most (if not all) of my conscious life. Star Wars. Love me some Jedi/Sith/Smuggler goodness.

Here's the thing though, I watch the films maybe one time a year, yet I post regularly on a SW board, edit some fan fic, and love all most things Star Wars. Even though I consume the movies with an annual marathon, I will always consider myself a fan ... and a dedicated one at that.

So even if you don't watch a episodes regularly, no one should question your enjoyment of MLP.

Edited by Jeric

While I haven't been a fan of MLP for long so I have no fatigue and cannot really talk with any authority about getting tired of the Ponies, I can say that there is one property that I have been a massive fan for most (if not all) of my conscious life. Star Wars. Love me some Jedi/Sith/Smuggler goodness.

Here's the thing though, I watch the films maybe one time a year, yet I post regularly on a SW board, edit some fan fic, and love all most things Star Wars. Even though I consume the movies with an annual marathon, I will always consider myself a fan ... and a dedicated one at that.

So even if you don't watch a episodes regularly, no one should question your enjoyment of MLP.

Well, its not so much that Im questioning how much I enjoy MLP its just that particularly with this fandom you will constantly hear people including bronies and anti-bronys say that, "you are only a brony if you watch the show". 

I guess its more of a technical thing. 

I have a friend or two who didn't start watching Season 4 after haitus ended and I guess i really don't know why. You'd think with back to back episodes that its not hard to catch a few of a 26 episode season at least. I understand that the "feel" of the show may be different and to some that may be a bit heartbreaking is guess.

MLP seems to be coming on around lunchtime on my days off and they are on season 2 so its nice to see some of those episodes again. If you haven't seen them in awhile its nice to go back to what attracted you to the show.

But again its really strange to see people with pony avatars on an mlp forum who haven't seen season 4 at all or don't care for it anymore, but i guess that people still like sticking around.

• Brohoof 1

I felt the same way in the past, and this happens during dry seasons, actually. I find it hard to keep up with the fandom, and watching episode after episode wasn't enough. So you're not alone right there. Right now I don't feel *as* down as I was before, because thanks to these forums, and other MLP related sites (and my bf too!), I'm able to keep up with the fandom as I wanted to. Reading fanfics, staying on top of pony news, and even watching an episode or two whenever I like, or better yet, watch fan videos on youtube. 

Even though you are not watching the show, or fall behind on the show, you can still be part of the fandom. We won't judge you for that. 

• Brohoof 1

I've never really considered myself a brony/pegasister to begin with; I just considered myself to be a fan of the show. Anyway, I've lost interest in MLP as well, and I've only watched about half of season 4. Still, I stick around the forums to talk with all my friends here and participate in discussions :)

• Brohoof 1

This is going to be my first topic so Im not really sure if its in the right place to post it or not, apologies in advanced if it isn't.

Well, on to the topic - I myself seem to never watch a single episode now in days. I actually haven't watched an MLP:FiM episode since the 3rd season ended, not really because I suddenly dislike MLP or anything but, I guess because Iv slowly lost interest.

I still consider myself to be a brony/pegasister and am active in the community/fandom though. 

Thanks~

Well, I was, till recently. If you're interested, you can read my blog:

http://mlpforums.com/blog/1762/entry-11410-why-im-no-longer-a-brony-not-related-to-eqg-or-the-finale/

Tho, even if this reason wasn't stopping me from watching, I imagine some serious plot hole would eventually appear in a later episode that would ruin it for me, as the show's writing has gotten progressively more and more illogical lately.

• Brohoof 1

I am purposely avoiding the show right now, only because my siblings kept watching episodes over and over and over again and it was making me sick! And I was upset that I was sick of it. So I'm hoping if I don't watch another episode for a long time, I'll be able to enjoy them again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thanks~

I'm in the same situation ~_~

I'm still on Season 1 though.

I wanna get to the latest episodes but... EUGH... I never have time

Or maybe I am just too lazy to google the episodes / wake up early to watch them XP

Edited by JustaMelly
  • Brohoof 1

I could never give up on mlp (so I say now)!  Although, one of my friends totally gave up on mlp after season 3. I mean she just bluntly said "I don't know, I just don't like it anymore." And she kinda hates on me when I wear my Brony shirt. She says " *insert my name*, Bronies are boys and Pegasisters are girls." I still like her but, does the Brony thing really matter?

(edited)

I can relate. Actually, I became a brony due to the fandom and fan made content I saw on the internet.

I do not enjoy the show much except for a few select episodes such as the Season 4 finale because the fight scene was freaking epic.

Fan made brony content in my opinion are in many cases are much better than what Hasbro put out. I think this is due to the fact that there are limits that the shows creators can put out being that its a kids show. For example bronies loved Derpy but parents freaked out due to reasons that have been discussed before so now Derpy has had a limited role in the show. Since Hasbro wont bring back Derpy in a more active role due to pissed off parents, the fandom has come out and made fan made animations that are indistinguishable from the show. The same goes with other fan made videos and content on the internet that bronies put out that are so well done that it looks just like or better than the show itself.

Basically, I dont watch the show much and have given it a chance and have watched many but could not really enjoy it. Besides with a few select episodes, I am not a big fan of the show itself but more involved with the fandom and the amazing content they put out which the show itself is lacking.

Edited by GXPBlast

I haven't been a brony for very long yet, so I'm still in the new, can't-get-enough-pony phase.  Once I've rewatched my favorite episodes a few more times, I'll probably slow down.  But like others have said, it's not like you have to rewatch something constantly to be a fan.  You can take a break from it, you can lose interest for awhile.  You can just watch an episode here or there, or just watch new ones once.  Whatever.  I'm a fan of lots of shows that I haven't seen in a long time.  I'm a big fan of Futurama, and I see it on in reruns everyday, but I usually just go, "meh," and pass on it, because I've been there seen that so many times.  But that don't mean I don't like it or anything.  I'll always be proud to call myself a brony, even if I'm not watching a lot of the show atm.