Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anypony else around here into shooting?

M14Brony

Absolutely NOT. Hunting is the stupidest "sport" ever, unless you actually need the food. What's the fun in killing helpless animals?

I just don't like the idea of guns in general :S

I shot a 9 mm about a week ago. It was quite fun. I shot a soda can. ....Or at a soda can. I wanna get into it more as I find it a usefull skill. The noise is the only thing that holds me back. I am extremly oversenstive to loud noised/etc Most of my family shoots though and a lot of them are hunters.

yeah im a big huntershooter i usually use a wincher 788 .222with a tasco 3x9 scope however i sometimes use a winchester 94 .30-.30 or wintester model 7 .270, (semi auto and jams to often to be reliable hunting rifle) i find using smaller calibers are more intresting and require more skill as its that much more important to make a good shot as you cant just take a gut shot

Edited by jarrod989

(edited)

yeah im a big huntershooter i usually use a wincher 788 .222with a tasco 3x9 scope however i sometimes use a winchester 94 .30-.30 or wintester model 7 .270, (semi auto and jams to often to be reliable hunting rifle) i find using smaller calibers are more intresting and require more skill as its that much more important to make a good shot as you cant just take a gut shot

I will probably use 12 gauge shotgun slugs when I start hunting things like deer, given that I live in Southern Minnesota, and I believe that one has to go pretty far north before one can legally hunt with a rifle. My 12 gauge shotgun is a Mossberg 500, and I got a good deal on it ($279.00 NIB with a bird barrel, rifled slug barrel, and three choke tubes). The Mossberg 500 has also proven its reliability over the years. :)

I still need to get around to checking out a hunting preserve and shooting range that is only around 30 miles from where I live, given that I could hunt pheasants there, do trap/skeet shooting, and practice with my rifles and pistols (their shooting ranges range from 25 yards to 500 yards in distance.

That picture is very...contrasting...to say the least.

I think that ponies and guns compliment each other rather well. :P

Edited by M14Brony

Is anypony around here into shooting, whether it be for skeet, hunting, target, competition, etc.?

I enjoy collecting and shooting firearms, and while I have done most of my shooting with rifles and pistols, I finally got around to getting a shotgun later last year (12 gauge Mossberg 500). I plan on getting started with handloading and reloading cartridges rather soon, and I hope to eventually get into hunting.

My favorite rifle is my Springfield Armory M1A (civilian M14 variant):

Posted Image

Nice M1a! i have one as well but with the synthetic stock. Just shot it for the first time in ages last week took a friend from the uk to shooting he had never touched a gun before, it was like christmas morning for him haha

@Chigens

I am unfamiliar with that carbine, but there are plenty of expensive guns I wish I had the money to purchase as well. :P

Lol really late quote but what the hay.

It's not really meant to be a carbine per se. It's a revolver converted into one. The "Grifone", afforementioned rifle, being a rarer model of the "Mateba Model 6".

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

There it is. The one gun in the world that I wish to own so badly...

Edited by Chigens

I wish that I had the $2,000 to buy a "Mateba 6 Unica Grifone Revolver Carbine"...but sadly, I don't...

Posted ImageBEHOLD ITS BEAUTY!!

What in the hay? That is one strange looking thing? I can't even call that a firearm it just looks silly in my perspective. Now for me a Posted Image HK USP .45 would be my cup of tea, but are hard to have as a permit fire arm :(

I'm really into guns and gun history, but sadly I don't own a gun. Minors can't go to shooting ranges in MA anyways because some kid accidentally shot himself with an Uzi a couple years back. Otherwise, I would love to shoot a Mosin or an AK style rifle as well as some S&W's (WESTERN MASS REPRESENT!)

One time I fired a rifle at a farm. I don't shoot, though.

I don't own a gun as I don't hunt, and if I did I would use a bow.

If I ever did own a gun, it would be two guns, and those two guns would be the Colt Single Action Army and the M40 rifle. Just to have them because they are so awesome and iconic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Absolutely NOT. Hunting is the stupidest "sport" ever, unless you actually need the food. What's the fun in killing helpless animals?

>Stupidest

For one thing, hunting is pretty much necessary to keep game animal population down. Otherwise deer, bears, and other animals would have a huge explosion in population and make it more difficult for other animals to live in the same areas, not to mention the amount that flora would decline because of an increase in herbivorous game animals.

Hunting is absolutely a sport. It requires skill, patience, and physical stamina as well if you're doing it right.

One time I fired a rifle at a farm. I don't shoot, though.

I don't own a gun as I don't hunt, and if I did I would use a bow.

If I ever did own a gun, it would be two guns, and those two guns would be the Colt Single Action Army and the M40 rifle. Just to have them because they are so awesome and iconic.

The M40 is pretty much a Remington Model 700 with a match barrel and trigger system. Other than that, it's pretty much the same weapon, and I'd say that the R700 is even more iconic than the M40. If you really need M40 accuracy, match parts can be bought fairly easily, but it is fairly expensive to do this.

• Brohoof 1

i am a huge gun enthusiast, though ironicly, i dont actually own any

the only guns i shot were a .22 revolver and a .308(i think) handgun

and i was very close to shooting a .357 magnum, but my grampa changed his mind at the last moment

I used to do a lot of archery in middle school through my outdoor trails class I was in. We also got to go to this place to shoot all these kinds of guns, bows, and crossbows. I enjoyed myself a lot! I was pretty good with the crossbow and the bow and arrows and would love to pick it up again. Maybe even go shoot some guns at the shooting range sometime.

I would never go hunting though. Not because I think it's wrong, but because I personally couldn't shoot an animal myself. I love fishing though. But bless those who do hunt (granted you don't make the animal suffer or shoot endangered species). You guys are helping preserve the environment and animals much, much more than people who just sit around signing online petitions all day and do nothing else.

If only more people had your stance on hunting, the world would be a much better place.

Personally, I would love to own a gun of any type, and have always wanted to go skeet shooting, but I could never hunt. Or fish, for that matter, I just can't bring myself to kill any animal.

And yet, I love playing videogames like Mortal Kombat.

You guys are helping preserve the environment and animals much, much more than people who just sit around signing online petitions all day and do nothing else.

Hunting = environmental preservation. Truth.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nice M1a! i have one as well but with the synthetic stock. Just shot it for the first time in ages last week took a friend from the uk to shooting he had never touched a gun before, it was like christmas morning for him haha

I have not fired my M1A for awhile now (maybe a couple of months), so hopefully I can get around to taking it out this weekend (the last gun I fired was my converted Saiga 5.45).

I hope to continue practicing with my current M1A, and if I become an adept marksman, I may one day get an M14 variant that was designed for accuracy (M21 SWS, custom M25 build from LRB Arms, etc.).

I have taken friends from countries with restrictive gun laws (UK, Denmark) shooting, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

I'm really into guns and gun history, but sadly I don't own a gun. Minors can't go to shooting ranges in MA anyways because some kid accidentally shot himself with an Uzi a couple years back. Otherwise, I would love to shoot a Mosin or an AK style rifle as well as some S&W's (WESTERN MASS REPRESENT!)

What kind of asinine legislation is that? Minors literally cannot use gun ranges in MA, even with a parent/guardian present? By that logic, they should ban minors from driving because some minors happen to get themselves killed in car accidents. :angry:

I don't have any guns of my own but uncle has taught me to operate his Ak47 and let's me fire it sometimes.I have to say aiming the thing is hard!

I have a few AK's myself, and they are easy to operate and maintain. Granted, they do have a bit of a different feel to them, given the shorter length Warsaw style butt-stocks on them, but one can get used to them with time.

I got worried if you were going to shoot dem ponies for practice :blink:

I assure you I would never to anything so utterly absurd. ;) In fact, I would not mind having some custom pony work done on a firearm. Just look at this 1911:

Posted Image

That M1911 is 20% cooler than any other M1911 I have seen. :P

For one thing, hunting is pretty much necessary to keep game animal population down. Otherwise deer, bears, and other animals would have a huge explosion in population and make it more difficult for other animals to live in the same areas, not to mention the amount that flora would decline because of an increase in herbivorous game animals.

Hunting is absolutely a sport. It requires skill, patience, and physical stamina as well if you're doing it right.

Eeyup. I hope to eventually do my part to partake in such sport and help control the animal population.

Well considering my dad's a State Trooper, my grandfather was in 'Nam, I live in a rather rural town, and i love meat, i love shooting. I own a .38 magnum for fun shooting and several shotguns and rifles for hunting. My dad has an MP5 and a M4, but alas i cannot shoot them. Damn government and your laws!

Damn, that is most unfortunate. I hope to eventually rent a full-auto MP5 at a gun range. I do have an M4, but it is a civilian (semi-auto only) variant that I built myself:

Posted Image

@Cosmic Charlie

I would like to own a Single Action Army myself someday, but I do not know when I will get around to that.

@Chigens

I see. It is unfortunate that such a revolver has proven to be an uncommon find.

@Rudolphin

I should at least rent an H&K USP variant sometime to see how they handle.

i am a huge gun enthusiast, though ironicly, i dont actually own any

the only guns i shot were a .22 revolver and a .308(i think) handgun

and i was very close to shooting a .357 magnum, but my grampa changed his mind at the last moment

He changed his mind like that? That is no fun. :(

Personally, I would love to own a gun of any type, and have always wanted to go skeet shooting, but I could never hunt. Or fish, for that matter, I just can't bring myself to kill any animal.

And yet, I love playing videogames like Mortal Kombat.

Hopefully you will at least get into skeet shooting someday. I need to do such a thing myself to see how my Mossberg 500 performs (I have just messed around with target loads at an indoor range to see the pattern of the shotgun).

Edited by M14Brony

when people have a dislike of hunting I tell them this: what would rather eat? A deer that has been free in the world to do what ever it wants or a cow that has been stuck in a pen it's whole life and could do nothing walk through its own crap. So tell me what would you rather eat?
  • Brohoof 1

What kind of asinine legislation is that? Minors literally cannot use gun ranges in MA, even with a parent/guardian present? By that logic, they should ban minors from driving because some minors happen to get themselves killed in car accidents. :angry:

I know, right?