Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anypony else around here into shooting?

M14Brony

55 minutes ago, Lucky Bells said:

I would be if I had somethin to shoot with. 

Save up and get a Ruger 10/22! They cany literally be had for like 180 dollars so very reasonably priced! 22 ammo is also super cheap right now and you can get a brick of 500 round 22 shells for about 18 to 22 dollars! :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Blivy said:

Save up and get a Ruger 10/22! They cany literally be had for like 180 dollars so very reasonably priced! 22 ammo is also super cheap right now and you can get a brick of 500 round 22 shells for about 18 to 22 dollars! :mlp_wink:

Oooh I’ll have to look into that!

Guns scare the $#!+ out of me in real life and stir up a lot of anxiety for me (Pretty much every time I hear my dad shoot his .22 I get a panic attack of some degree), so not really. Even though I did used to, eh, I suppose you could say research them a bit. :sealed: Now I only do that for if I need to for some reason that I'm not necessarily leaking even though I have a few times...

Edited by Dustleeshus

I love shooting guns, but I don't own one and don't have the money to yet, so I don't get to shoot very often. When I was in boy scouts I earned the rifle merit badge four times and the archery merit badge twice at scout camp. We shot single shot bolt action Remington .22 rifles, and I don't mean to brag, but I was one of the best shots B) I definitely wasn't Deadshot or anything like that, but my groupings were rarely larger than a quarter at 20 yards using peep sights. Using one of the scoped rifles, it was more like dime-sized groupings.

The two most fun guns I got to shoot belonged to one of my scout leaders. One was a Tommy Gun (yes, full-auto. He also had a full-auto Mac-11), and the other was a really big rifle. I think it was a .400 nitro express. We shot a tree in half with that gun :ButtercupLaugh: it was probably only around six to eight inches in diameter or so, but it was still funny at the time.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Splashee said:

No, it is illegal here to shoot with firearms. Even to defend oneself (from being stabbed to death etc) using a gun = prison time.

Thats what aggravates me about other countries laws, self defense against violent crime should NEVER be illegal and you should be able to use whatever means possible to defend your life or the lives of loved ones. In many countries you'll get arrested for assault even if you punch an attacker that has a knife, so mind boggling! 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Booker has a Santa hat said:

I love shooting guns, but I don't own one and don't have the money to yet, so I don't get to shoot very often. When I was in boy scouts I earned the rifle merit badge four times and the archery merit badge twice at scout camp. We shot single shot bolt action Remington .22 rifles, and I don't mean to brag, but I was one of the best shots B) I definitely wasn't Deadshot or anything like that, but my groupings were rarely larger than a quarter at 20 yards using peep sights. Using one of the scoped rifles, it was more like dime-sized groupings.

The two most fun guns I got to shoot belonged to one of my scout leaders. One was a Tommy Gun (yes, full-auto. He also had a full-auto Mac-11), and the other was a really big rifle. I think it was a .400 nitro express. We shot a tree in half with that gun :ButtercupLaugh: it was probably only around six to eight inches in diameter or so, but it was still funny at the time.

A cool thing is you can own full auto machine guns in America It just has to be pre 1984 before the ban took place, has to have a 200 dollar tax stamp approved by the ATF and they cost a LOT lot a full auto m4 could cost you 16 thousand dollars because of the laws of supply and demand. Few are floating around and many people that have them are wealthy enough to hang onto them except in those rare instances where they want to "trade" or sell to get another machine gun of some type. 

• Brohoof 2

In video games? Yeah, that can be fun in the right kind of game. In real life? It seems worthless to me. Humanity's obsession with guns and killing machines in general is a depressing realization. I would much rather have passion in something that isn't built to kill things.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

In video games? Yeah, that can be fun in the right kind of game. In real life? It seems worthless to me. Humanity's obsession with guns and killing machines in general is a depressing realization. I would much rather have passion in something that isn't built to kill things.

Well for one of those willing to do harm to me or anyone I know are also a lot more focused on the "killing" potential of a firearm than I myself am. I view firearms as nothing more than mechanical instruments that have no more ability to kill than a hammer or bat in right hands. Granted one could argue that the hammers and baseball bats sole purpose is not to kill, but my counter is, its the same with firearms, even displaying a firearm to a would be attacker is often times enough to make the person run away with their tail between their legs as most prefer unarmed and helpless victims. I've also heard the phrase "well, real men fight with their fists", and to that all I have to say is good luck fighting someone or god forbid a group of people armed with tire irons, ahem baseball bats or other blunt objects!

As for the passion side of things, I grew up about 2 miles away from a village with ~250 residents and 6 miles south of a town with ~2500 people and the ratio to guns to people was insane we more than likely had enough privately owned firearms in those towns to arm each man, woman and child yet we had maybe 1 gun murder ever ten years, if that? Gun homicides where I grew up were almost unheard of and crime was LOW other than idiots driving drunk, minor in possession etc. For all the bad guns have been the source of freedom since they were first derived, imagine in ww2 if we were just like "Hmmm guns are only for killing sooo lets just go up to the Germans and ask them nicely to stop trying to kill Jewish people and the whole world" They would have laughed in our face lined us up against a wall and that would have been the end of it. For all the lives taken by firearms so many of them was to fight tyranny and end the suffering of people all over the world by means of liberation. 

The point being that people that want to do harm will NEVER stop obsessing over "killing machines" no matter what laws are put into place, and the off chance they dont have guns if they just want to cause as much suffering as possible they could just run a box truck through a crowded place and cause just as much suffering.

Last point is that owning firearms is actually fun, more so actually shooting is more fun still! Its a super fun experience to shoot steel at 100 to 500 yards, squeeze the trigger and a couple seconds later "Pingggggggggg" and even more fun for those guys that go back to 1000 to 1500 yards with high precision rifles! There are so many mathematical calculations at that distance that must be made to make a successful shot such as windage which is how many clicks to the left or right must be made to account for wind disturbance, elevation which is how many clicks up or down must be made to account for bullet drop and even the curvature of the earth for stupidly long shots. On a less "severe" note of things even taking a little lever action .22 out and setting popcans around 50 to 80 yards away and seeing how fast you can consecutively hit them is a real blast! 

So with all the above being said those are just a few of the many reasons I choose to be armed and will never surrender my 2A rights. :applecutehat:

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Blivy said:

For all the lives taken by firearms so many of them was to fight tyranny and end the suffering of people all over the world by means of liberation.

Just look at Hong Kong for a current example of this. People are protesting a tyrannical government, and they're getting shot while having nothing to defend themselves with. Without guns, that's the US in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Booker has a Santa hat said:

Just look at Hong Kong for a current example of this. People are protesting a tyrannical government, and they're getting shot while having nothing to defend themselves with. Without guns, that's the US in the future.

I totally agree! I say arm the protesters in china and let them put that government in it's place! LIBERATE CHINA Democracy or constitutional republic for all! :applehat:

• Brohoof 2