Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite gaming genre?

Finesthour

What's your favorite game type?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite game type?

• Platformer (Jumping, running, and challenge!)
    • Beat-em-ups (Walking, punching, and kicking!)
    • Adventure (Explore and uncover things, like Indie Jones!)
    • Real-Time (Everything happens in live action)
    • Art Gallery (You basically play through beautiful worlds and levels)
    • RPG (Role Playing Game)
    • MMORPG (Online Role Playing Game)
    • FPS (First person shooter)
    • TPS (Third person shooter)
    • 3D Platformer (Regular platformer but in 3D)
    • Sandbox (Be anything, do anything, experience anything)
    • Simulator (Games that have no real objective but to have fun)
    • Other (Post below what else you think should be here)
    • Puzzle Games (Complete challenging puzzles and stuff!)
    • Point-and-Click Games (Self explanatory)
    • Fighting Games (Such as Mortal Kombat, SSBB, Tekken, etc.)

I'd have to say action-adventure. Any adventure game really... I hate puzzle games. (with the exception of Tetris) I'm usually pretty bad at them, or get bored because they're too easy... I mainly just play A-As or what are supposedly "RPG's"

Also, lately, I've been playing a lot of older games like SMB, SMB:Lost Levels and Pokemon Red.

I like a few types some of the time there mixed genre, eg portal shooter/puzzle garrys mod, shooter/sandbox and I like text based games because there the only bloody thing I can make in c++ and I like a few other genres too.

Not sure if Halo goes under Sci-Fi or Shooter but shooters are definitely my favorite genre. Though recently publishers have began dumping out shooters as long as they make a quick buck. But when it's developed properly a shooter can give you an incredibly deep story with plenty of action.

Beyond shooters I have a love for strategies but I've still never seen a strategy that I can love forever.

My favorite genre is RPG, just because i like how you are getting involved in the story a lot more then in other games. The characters in those games most of the time have greater developed personalities.

And suddenly all of those votes went poof, and the results were never to be seen again.

:|

Edited by Zoop

I don't mind RPG's...

BUT

I despise games that force me to button mash in any way, shape or form.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Even though i haven't played too many RPG's it's most likely my favorite genre too because it usually doesn't end in 5 hours, the character development makes it much more personal, and all the different ways that you can play like gives it a big replay value.

Even though i haven't played too many RPG's it's most likely my favorite genre too because it usually doesn't end in 5 hours, the character development makes it much more personal, and all the different ways that you can play like gives it a big replay value.

Oh man... I really hate when people make jokes about something you like.

I know exactly how it feels...

That's fine, because RPG is my favorite genre anyway. I can't think of any times when I really DIDN'T like an RPG. Even the lousy ones (and yes, there ARE lousy ones) are fun in some way.

Why'd you have to close down the pole ;)

Shooters are being exploited to the fullest nowadays.

I know most of you don't realize this but Battlefield is now getting yearly releases. Wanna know how? By resurrecting the Medal of Honor series. DICE works on the multiplayer of both and because they have never given a crap about their campaigns it's basically another Battlefield game.