Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most mean-spirited moments in the show?

TheJLeeTeam

Nope. All her motives are still selfish in them x)

I agree, and yet I don't. Most of the time, she's mean to be mean, as it were, but when she does genuinely praise somepony, she means it... even if she only genuinely praises somepony when it's ultimately good for her.

(edited)

Oh without a doubt the scene in "Putting Your Hoof Down"

Powerful scene. Good use of sound ambience to paint their responding emotions.

Chrysalis as Cadence scenes in Canterlot Wedding. The most evil and dastardly awesome villain.

Just one of them but I love the build up of that sound like Twilight is getting really riled up. And this was right after her friends, teacher and brother crushed her spirits and then got banished by Cadence down here. It's a scene where Twilight becomes completely broken.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

Pinkie being an ass to Fluttershy in Filli Vanilli

This is true, but let's not forget about Fluttershy being just as bad to Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom.  Flutters psyched Rainbow out so badly that Rainbow was curled up in the fetal position before performing.

In my opinion the most mean spirited moments in the show would have to be Fluttershy yelling at Pinkie and Rarity in "Putting Your Hoof Down". Another would have to be Pinkie making Fluttershy cry twice in "Filli Vanilli."

(edited)

I actually do not like that scene much for those reasons. Everypony else being angry and blah blah, sure, but Celestia just saying that and leaving? Seems a little uncalled for on her part.

Other than that, not sure if this is 'mean spirited' or not, but in Pinkie Pride, after Cheese arrives and all of the ponies just completely disregard Pinkie's work. I really thought that was way past not cool. Made me feel really bad for Pinkie Pie.

My headcannon for the reaction of Celestia, is that she experienced exactly the same thing that Shining Armor was feeling right there in her distant past.

Being in deep love of someone accused to be evil by your own little sister...  all those feelings she wanted to forget, those "old wounds" her protegee now unknowingly reopens... 

I wonder who could have being?  (foreshadowing for an ~unused backstory~ of somepony on the next season premiere?) ^_^

- - - - - 

For the complete disregard of Pinkie Pie after Cheese does his "official presentation" to the town; I blame it in part to the "herd mentality";  but also to the ...  [cof]...

Did you notice that all of those background (and main) characters following him out of the town square (more likely a few carring and the rest "pursuing" the new handsome stallion in town) were only mares?

There were some stallions watching the show, but only "the girls" keeped their "totally undivided attention" to him.

Each time I watch that scene, (from the moment Pinkie "sings" her sad question to them, to her "half-deflate-mane") I mentally add "big pink hearts" in their eyes (like the "wanted, need spell" of lesson zero [s2E03]); to make it less painfull to watch.

Edited by SilverComet