Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponytalk - Is it better in public?

Shadowking58

For one who doesn't really care about hiding something like this, would it be better to just use ponyspeak outside?
I mean, if you ask me, "Everypony" slips off the tongue ALOT easier then "everybody" does. 

• Brohoof 2

You'd get funny looks for sure, but if you were with friends (fellow bronies, or people who know you are a brony) it'd be fine B)

And yes, Everypony works better doesn't it? :P

I try not to use 'everypony' too much. When you write for a living, it might slip in your work and a client might think, ooook then, lol.

Oops.  :lol:

no, I think it's kinda dumb outside of the characters in the show using it. We're humans, not ponies.

"Hey bro!" - commonly used between people without shared DNA.

"Sup, dog?" - Neither of them are dogs.

"Oi, C**t." - He is not talking to female genitalia. 

It just seems out of place to me in most situations, don't get me wrong I don't hide the fact that I am into ponies but at the same time it dosen't seem like the right time or place.

I'm sure it's acceptable to use 'ponyspeak' among fellow bronies, but personally, I don't. It just seems overly immature, in my opinion. I mean, it's used by ponies in the show because they're ponies but we're humans and unless you're roleplaying or just being silly (like walking into the room and saying "Hey everypony!", it makes more sense to use proper 'human' words, especially if it's just a general conversation. As for speaking that way around non-bronies, it's up to you, of course, but I definitely wouldn't do it. No one would get it and it just be awkward and weird. If you're okay with that though, by all means, do what you want.

• Brohoof 1

It just seems awkward from an efficient standpoint anyways. Saying everypony give spelling errors, isn't used in speech almost at all, and even these forums state in their rules to not use it too much outside of the role playing section. Maybe if I was more used to saying it then it would slip, but it's just not something I say anyways, even around other bronies. If I ever DID say it in public, I'd correct myself and if someone questions me about it I'd be more than happy to explain what I like and they're free to form their opinions about me. No matter what you like or who you are, there's gonna be people that talk negatively about you or dislike you and there isn't really any way around it, so I just accept that, whether its about me liking MLP or not.

Never was much into "everypony", even when talking about ponies I just use "everyone". Ponies in the comics do it, after all.

...And yeah, to avoid general awkwardness, I would just avoid ponytalk around the public at large.

No, definitely not. Most likely most if not all the people around wouldn't get the reference, so what's the point?

With friends I'd occasionally quote the show and sing the songs (badly), but in general pubic? I don't really have the confidence for that.

Eh. I don't use it much in the first place, only on here really. I'm a closet brony, so yeah ;p.

And even on here I don't use it much, mostly just jokingly, or when I'm being really happy or joyful and feel like it. 

In a more serious conversation though, or even in many casual ones, I don't really bother with pony talk, because many times it sounds kind of weird.

I'm ok with it sometimes though.

As for around non bronies, i'd never personally do it on purpose, that would be weird, and embarrassing for sure. D:. Or they just wouldn't get it, and it'd be just... odd.

• Brohoof 1