Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

April Fool's Day 2012: Become Another Member

Pony Joe

As most of you undoubtedly know, April Fool's Day (April 1st) is only a week away. Since it will be the first April Fool's Day that MLP Forums has existed, I'd like to do something... special.

For 24 hours, on April 1st, I challenge everyone to become another member of the forum.

Meaning, change your post name to theirs. Change your avatar to theirs. Change your profile info, your posting habits, your typing style, and anything else you can think of to convince the rest of the forum that you are your chosen member.

Now, if just a couple of people do this, that'd be cool; if dozens do it, it would be awesome; if hundreds of members do this, it will be the most confusing day in MLP Forums' history. And it would be amazing.

Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think I'm crazy? Do you think any rules should be put in place to make it less awesome chaotic? Let me know in this thread, and we'll organize a day to be remembered.

Edited by Pony Joe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

How is it a good April fools joke if everyone is in on it?

The point isn't to not know that the event is happening; it's to not know who's pretending to be who. Edited by Pony Joe

Dibs on Tom the Diamond so I can be all like

TRIXIETRIXIETRIXIETRIXIETRIXIETRIXIE

SpongebobPokemonKidIcarusBlehCanada

:)

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

Just reading this makes me a bit nervous.....

Just imagine a forum that was suddenly overrun by Feld0s... Or Lady Rarity Ponies.... Oh my..... Oh my......

Pony Joe? In the name of Celestia... What have you done????

Actually, now that I think about it, this could probably be incredibly humorous. I am still a bit scared by the implications of it all though.

post-1882-0-13931700-1332710465.jpg

If you decide to go forth with this idea, then may I suggest that you try to increase the variety of users that are impersonated? Otherwise, you would most likely end up with a vast marching army of Zoopss or something similar to that, which would be more weird than funny I think.

But if dopplegangers started popping up for a variety of different members then that might be far more chaotic much more sensible.

I don't know... The thought still scares me a bit......

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm.... What if i impersonated myself but everpony else thought some other pony was impersonating me?! o_o It would be a counter April Fool's day joke! You'd probably want to come up with some rules for those participating though, such as: Try to only impersonate a member with your same badge (for maximum fooling capabilities), don't check people's profiles due to like number and friends lists/previous names, etc.

Edited by LowfatEnvelope
  • Brohoof 1

let me get this straight. So we basically just change our profiles into someone else's and pretend to be them, without telling anyone, not even the person you become?

Oh dear, I bet it will be only like 10 names that will repeat. I'm in!

Unfortunately, I can't join in... Dat name change limit... Have to wait 30 days from March 7th... And that would be April 6th, 5 whole days after April Fools

it's only a 15 day wait :unsure:

(edited)

I'm glad that people are interested!

Who would I imitate? And also the badges kinda ruin it don't you think?

I'll answer both of those questions with single answer: Imitate someone with the same badge as you.

Edited by Pony Joe

If someone has a lower case "l" (L) in their name, you can impersonate then by using an upper case "I" (i). So we could have 2 Dany Heatley's or even another Feld0 (impersonating an admin would be too risky though ^_^ )

Wouldn't this be against the rules or something?

Impersonating other members doesn't seem like something that would be allowed on the forums...even if it's a joke

Moderators typically visit every new thread to see if it breaks the rules. They don't seem to have a problem with this one so far, and there's nothing in the rules against impersonations or massive April Fool's Day events.

If this isn't allowed, there's clearly a grave communication error.