Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RIP Robin Williams

Moved to Elsewhere

It hit me hard too.  It wouldn't have hurt me as much knowing that I got his autograph in the mail.

20140811_190947.jpg

Writing says "The Best" "Robin Williams"

20140811_191014.jpg

Also side note, does anyone else feel weird watching movies of your favorite actor/actress after he/she died?  I haven't watched 'Airplane!' in a long while, because I miss Leslie Nielsen.

The last part of that about Mork and Mindy makes me giggle because I know that's not bullshit and he probably actually said that XD.

Aw man, they're playing the episode of Happy Days where he's Mork, and it makes me sad to watch it because it's one of my favorite episodes.

RIP Robin Williams, you'll always be remembered.

I'm just going to say how I loved him in Jumanji.

Still my favorite movie.

My reaction: 

post-27192-0-62584900-1407804858_thumb.gif

Admittedly, when I was a kid this movie is what made me avoid the actual Jumanji board game like the plague, I was too scared to play it.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

OMG I can't believe it.

Around a month ago I played through Kingdom Hearts, and as always, his role as the Genie in Aladdin's world stuck out to me. He also starred in so many movies during my childhood. The thought of this man actually being able to be gone just couldn't even pass through my mind.

I don't even pay attention to celebrities, actors, etc., but he was one of the very few that I recognized. Sad to see him go... Especially at such a young age. =(

• Brohoof 4

When the news hit I was at work, and I immediately felt sad. It wasn't until my mom called me, crying, that I realized just how big of an impact his life had on me and my childhood, and I started crying too.

Rest in peace, buddy.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 1

I have to put this out there I suffer from depression but due to works like his I can get back up so the fact that the most amazing comedic actor cant get back up just completely drains the life out of me to the point im pail and I know being famous doesnt make you invincible but still and also to all of ya your comments are all quite warm and extremely beautiful I think hed love them.

• Brohoof 2

Truly, Robin Williams was a great and entertaining person. I would much rather remember him for the joy he brought us.

Plenty more to come and then some. Like so many before and after him, he's inspired many and brought tears and laughter to our lives. 

• Brohoof 3

What sad news. He's been one of my favorite actors since I was a kid. My sympathies for his family and friends. R.I.P. Robin Williams. You will be missed by this fan. :(

Edited by Watchful Guardian
  • Brohoof 2

Heard a great anecdote from a co-worker shortly after the news broke. She used to work for FedEx and deliver special courier mail to Robin Williams, at his home.

She said he would always answer the door himself: "Goooooooooooood mooooorr-ning FedExxxxxxxxx!"

She, understandably, is devastated. So am I.

This is how I remember him, he was a huge part of my childhood. Rest in peace Robin Williams.

Im with you on that. I will remember him as the and only Genie.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't hear about this until I saw this thread.

Then, I did some research on what happened and how he passed away.

It's a tragedy that this happened :(

He was such a kind-spirited and talented man and it's shocking that he took his own life...

I really loved his work in 'Jumanji' and 'Aladdin'.

He was a phenomenal individual and he will be greatly missed by his fans, family, and friends..

"Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day.

Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear".

• Brohoof 1