Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RIP Robin Williams

Moved to Elsewhere

Watching this man on screen brought me so much joy over the years. Now every viewing of his movies will be tinged with melancholy. He was gifted not just as a comedic actor but as a dramatic one as well. I will miss him terribly.

I think I should finally get around to watching One Hour Photo...

I kind of didn't want to believe it until the whole internet exploded with it shortly after I saw the first post about pop up on Tumblr.

As an animation guy, I'll post the two animation roles that stick out to me:

Gift_Aladdin.jpg

fern21.jpg

• Brohoof 3

What a shame that someone who made so many laugh apparently felt such tremendous sadness. 

That's EXTREMELY common.

I think it's possible, if not LIKELY that he had been battling depression for a VERY long time. Maybe his entire life.

Maybe that's why he chose comedy. Maybe he thought it could help him cope.

Just because a man is funny, doesn't necessarily mean that he's happy.

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 4

He was not my favorite actor by any stretch, but he was still talented and entertaining. 63 is actually rather young for most nowadays, he could have had at least another 20 in him. :(

I was watching the news and I thought I misheard when they said Robin Williams died, but not long after, I found out it was true once my sister said it happened. He will truthfully be missed. 

• Brohoof 1

I just found out about his passing on my way home from Target, and I'm at an almost total loss for words for how tragic this is.

RIP Robin. You may be gone now, but your legacy will never die (like with the many other comedic masters before you).

I can't believe it... I really can't! He's dead? Sadness, like really... He was such an icon in comedy and movies. And he LOVED Legend of Zelda enough to name his daughter Zelda. I have all my respect toward him and may he Rest in Peace.. I mean wow.. I honestly didn't see that coming.. I've seen a lot of his movies and comedic acts... All things come to an end sometime right?

• Brohoof 3

It hit me hard too.  It wouldn't have hurt me as much knowing that I got his autograph in the mail.

20140811_190947.jpg

Writing says "The Best" "Robin Williams"

20140811_191014.jpg

Also side note, does anyone else feel weird watching movies of your favorite actor/actress after he/she died?  I haven't watched 'Airplane!' in a long while, because I miss Leslie Nielsen.

• Brohoof 2

One of the earliest shows I used to love watching partly because my mother hated it was Mork and Mindy.

Thank goodness he left the world a funnier place.

• Brohoof 2

This is the song that comes to mind.

Robin Williams will never be forgotten. He was a hero, an idol to millions of people. He's the reason I wanted to become a voice actor. And some day, I hope I can be like him. I never had a father and I saw him as one.
  • Brohoof 1

Great man in many ways and always showed such beauty in how he acted mrs doubtfire hook good will and the countless others I hope you are finding peace old man and may your memory live on forever in the fans you captured the hearts of. We all shed tears for you and your loved ones now.

It's sad to see someone who was a part of many of our childhoods to suddenly be gone. And in such way too. Robin Williams is the kind of guy you would have never expected to suffer from depression. I always loved Robin Williams as a kid, and I respected him as an adult. And I thought it was so cool when I learned he was a fan of "The Legend of Zelda" series and named his daughter Zelda. Two of my favorite movies starring him are Mrs Doubtfire and Hook.

You will be missed.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't want to believe it at first. I can't tell you how many times I watched Aladdin solely for the hilarious performance of Robin as the Genie and to hear that he's gone...

Rest in peace Robin, you will be greatly missed.

• Brohoof 2