Blitz Boom

Searching Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP around Ponyville OOC [Open Entry For All]

Recommended Posts

With all due respect @BloodDrops, you can't decide who enters the RP. That's my job. :)

So with that in mind, hello there @Lord Midnight Madness, and thank you for the interest in our thread. For the time being, I'll have to ignore your posts unfortunately, since we need to get you through a proper process first, but in case everything goes okay, we'll use that as a starting point. Consider it sort of in limbo for the time being. :)

So, to begin with, tell us about your OC. Some background, general look (perhaps the one in your profile picture?) personality, and of course, any powers. That is an especially important part when it comes to Alicorns, Draconequui and Sphinx, as I need to know limits, weaknesses and range to avoid Mary Sue situations. I hope you understand.

Also, if I may give a suggestion already, based on your post? When your character talks, have it in it's own paragraph, and potentially with colored text. Something akin to this.

"So what's going on with all the shiny badges and stuff?"

Colored text isn't needed as such, but the "" are very important, and color/making the text of the one speaking Bold and/or Cursive, makes it easier to see what is the words of the one in question, and what's just descriptive text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I was wondering if I might be able to pop in with my character Moon Glow ? :3 - though I would like to mention (because I need to edit her About Me in the optional info part) that her ability is not something that will ever likely actually come up in a RP lol

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moon Glow

Hello there mate, and thank you for the interest. :) I'm sorry for the delay, but it's a busy weekend in the dreaded realm of Real Life.

Looking over your character, she looks great. The picture is well done, the backstory are great and full of info, the personality is good and frankly, all the powers looks fascinating. And yes, I include the part about the dead.

Two reasons for this.

1. It fits your character, as she is all in all what I would consider a *Wide Spectrum Psychic*. From dreams to seeing spirits, it's befitting of several normally specialized areas of psychics, so this is just being more... Well, inclusive, I suppose you could call it. No problems from me. :)

2. I already have characters who can interact with the diseased, so I'd be a hypocrite to bar you from doing that. :) One of them have a character page in the google doc that's written under my signature picture. She's called Vivid Loss.

The other have no page yet, but with her, it is a family trait on the mares side, though they call themselves soul guides. Sorrow for one have no real powers beyond that. She's just a pegasus. Last Stand on the other hoof... Well, I'd say to read her bio if possible, though it looks weird with how the forum is all bungled up in that department. Trust me, a lot have happened to her, though really, you wouldn't need to worry. She's locked in RP with somepony else.

I do have Sorrow free though, and she could show up wherever. Would you perhaps find interest in a character sharing a connection in a pretty unusual trait? If not, what would your interest be? I have a ton of chars, some of them free, so I can arrange stuff whenever, with whoever, wherever. ^_^

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

Woo! Thank you :3 Lol I'm actually kind of excited to be able to talk about her powers, then and also a super thank you for the compliments on the profile!! I was hoping it would come off nicely xD despite the... odd code that somehow shows up all over?? Either way, I'm glad she's as well rounded as I hoped :-D

I'm really just interested in anything - I've been itching to get into a RP here since I signed up lol though now that I'm thinking more on it, it could be fun to have her interact with another pony who shares that trait :grin: As far as she's aware, she doesn't know any other ponies that can do that LOL

  • Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moon Glow

I compliment occasionally. Beware, what earns my favor will increase in price, and include offerings of bagels and soda. :3

Hehe, kidding aside, your profile was done well, and the code have been an issue for at least a year. Ever since they reworked the forums the last time, paragraphs in the character pages causes those issues. I've seen it before in another forum, so when I get to a PC again, I need to test something. Might be there is a workaround, with some degree of luck, though mostly I think we'll have to wait dor the moderators to get around to it. :)

Anyway, the RP. It sounds like Sorrow is a fine fit then, so let me ask you: Where would you like for the RP to take place? We started with just Ponyvillez but we're frankly all over Equestria now, so anything will do. I'll do my best to accommodate your wishes on this. :)

And before I forget, I can't write RP posts until Monday, so we have a bit of time to get sorted. ^_^

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

Hee hee! x3

Well, it's cool if we can't start until Monday :3 I'm currently house sitting for a friend and they have a pool so I've been in there a lot :twismile: However, in regards to a starting point, how's about starting in no place in particular? Maybe they meet up on the road en route to another town/city/whatever? :laugh:

  • Smile 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moon Glow

Rummaging through a forest it is. See you at some random spot among the trees and rock. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moon Glow

Post written, go nuts. :P Also be aware that I only write every 2 days, so you have some time to work with. I had to tone it down to once every second day because going every day was crushing me.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

:wacko: After seeing that giant post, I understand! And no worries - I can't exactly do every day either :twismile: hee hee! Thank you, though! I'll get to posting~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for not getting back to you. 

Lord midnight madness was born to the royal family of maretroplis. He was supposed to be next in line for the throne but his older brother snuffed him out of it. That's why his title is lord and not prince. He moved to ponyville after his brother decided that he wanted to disown him. He moved to cloudsdale to become a weather pony, he did that for the next 20 years before becoming the director of weather. He is now in charge of weather of all of equsteria. He is unique to all the other Pegasus he can use spells in order to clear clouds and weather. 

Sorry if the grammar is not the best I'm not on my laptop 

Edited by Lord Midnight Madness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't usually take part on bigger Rps like this, but I have been lurking this for a while now and would like to take part with two OCs that has not yet seen RP.

 

Spoiler

5aee0699824ba_RavenRawne_coloredbyme.thumb.png.1b5f6658c8096f6dfa55fd4383a66a51.png
 

Like in the canon, she too needs negative energy to keep up her powers, but because she's...kinder than other sirens, she stopped consuming it long time ago, and thus is now not only powerless, but also smaller than normal sirens (about 2.5x bigger than a full grown mare). (can fly/float since it seems to be something sirens can do) 

Back before banishment of the Dazzlings, Nada used to live on her own, now and then singing to ponies who wanted to listen, but after the banishment, she fled to Everfree forest to avoid meeting the same fate and stayed there, hiding and singing to herself, not knowing if anypony, or anything ever stopped to listen her singing. During her time in the Everfree, she has developed a almost paranoid wariness towards ponies, fearing that they will banish her right away if they find her. 

 

Spoiler

dragon-pony.thumb.png.e89dbe4026e823d91b781c2116cdd601.png

She's dragon from land outside Equestria, and she came to Equestria seeking better life and shiny things. I have yet to create her a detailed backstory because I usually create them while RPing. She is able to change between pony and her true form freely, and it happens via use of dragon magic, the same magic that allows fire breathing. (doesn't eat gems like Equestria-dragons do, but loves anything that shines)

Cutiemark: shining ruby. She didn't earn it by any means, since it's just part of her disguise, but when asked about it, she tells it reflects her ability to find anything that shines from almost anywhere.

Talent: 6th sense for shiny things

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lord Midnight Madness

It's a start, but I'll still need some more details on the power level, limitations and weaknesses. Alicorns are tricky creatures to keep in check, and I need to make absolutely sure that I don't let a Mary Sue in. It never ends well for anyone if that happens. :/ Things about how he would control the weather and how it would functions would be good, and I'd like to know what his personality is like. It can help see if he have some degree of morals for example, when using said powers.

=======================================================================================

 

@Simply Cerberus

Hello there, and welcome to. :)

Let me start of by saying that the size doesn't need to scare you. You don't need to be plunged into the thick of it, but can have a small slice of the world to a more 1v1 type of thing, while everything seems to burn around that bubble. It can also be a good way to go slowly into the general RP world we have here by easing into it a little at a time, if want is there to join the others perhaps eventually.

Anway, moving on, let's see the characters.

First off is Nadanna. Seem fine to me honestly. Power basically gone because she doesn't eat emotions, hiding in the Everfree Forest (One giant lake somewhere in there, coming up!) because of how her kin is seen after the sisters, and the singing in the forest can make her actually being some kind of urban legend. You know, singing forest spirits and such. Good times. ^^

As she seems to not get along well with ponies, perhaps you'd be interested in another race? I have a few griffons I've used sometimes, some changelings, a dragon or two, things like that. The changeling is the nearest one, but I can make something up to have any of them be there if needed. :)

Also, we have another siren player in the RP. @Moonlit currently have some PC issues that means that we don't have the presence of the player, but on the return, you could perhaps move towards interacting with her siren, Serenade. She's a good one too that's trying to hide and have gotten some help to appear as a pony via illusions and elixirs. I think the two sirens might get along well. :)

Then comes Ruby.

The pony and dragon forms seem like a strange thing, but... I don't know, she's from beyond Equestria. Might be that there's other kind than the fire, water, wind and earthen based dragons out there. Considering the gems aren't needed for sustenance (I imagine she needs meat then, yes?)... Arcane dragon of some kind? Not sturdy and in tune with the rocks like the earthen, nimble in the air like wind, home in the sea like water or living in and around volcanoes and such like fire, but strong of mind and able to work with illusionary or transformation spells? It depends on whatever she transforms, or it is an illusion that makes her seem like a pony. An array of minor spells may be possible too if we work from that assumption, though this is just a suggestion to make it work well. Your stamp of approval is needed on this for sure. :)

May be that dragons beyond Dragon Land are just more... Magical than the brutish counterparts too, but eh, up to you. I'm just here to make this ship run. :)

Also, I think the fire dragons breathe are more from a gland in their bodies, and not magic per se. Though since nopony is going to willing stare into a dragon's mouth and say *breathe fire*, whatever explanation the individual believes could well be true. :P

If it is, I have a dragon too that's more earthen based, and is a scholar. I could have them interact in some capacity if it were, or I could draw upon one of my ponies that is familiar around gems and finds them fascinating too. May be they had something in common and could work from there.

Anyway, I think your first char is a guaranteed approved, and the second we will need to discuss a few details about, but I don't think there'll be any problems. Just some minor back and forth on how to interpret things to make it fit, and we should be set. :)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

As she seems to not get along well with ponies, perhaps you'd be interested in another race? I have a few griffons I've used sometimes, some changelings, a dragon or two, things like that. The changeling is the nearest one, but I can make something up to have any of them be there if needed. :)

Well, it really depends on what kind of story we are going for, if it's general friendship story or if it's a story of character learning something new relating friendship. In other word, it can be that non-pony finds her and stuff starts, or pony finds her, and after some time, she slowly will learn and come to terms with the fact that times has changed and that ponies don't just banish creatures like they did thousand years ago (wasn't that the time that had passed? I don't remember :P ) In fact, I think she wouldn't necessary even realize how much time has passed since Everfree is mostly dark and there isn't any real way to tell time in there (and generally I think that after certain age, time will just go by.).

13 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

and the singing in the forest can make her actually being some kind of urban legend. You know, singing forest spirits and such. Good times. ^^

actually, I though something similar, in fact, I have even searched from Youtube what she would be singing :P 

15 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Also, we have another siren player in the RP. @Moonlit currently have some PC issues that means that we don't have the presence of the player, but on the return, you could perhaps move towards interacting with her siren, Serenade. She's a good one too that's trying to hide and have gotten some help to appear as a pony via illusions and elixirs. I think the two sirens might get along well. :)

Nothing against that. :) 

 

16 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

The pony and dragon forms seem like a strange thing, but... I don't know, she's from beyond Equestria. Might be that there's other kind than the fire, water, wind and earthen based dragons out there. Considering the gems aren't needed for sustenance (I imagine she needs meat then, yes?)... Arcane dragon of some kind? Not sturdy and in tune with the rocks like the earthen, nimble in the air like wind, home in the sea like water or living in and around volcanoes and such like fire, but strong of mind and able to work with illusionary or transformation spells? It depends on whatever she transforms, or it is an illusion that makes her seem like a pony. An array of minor spells may be possible too if we work from that assumption, though this is just a suggestion to make it work well. Your stamp of approval is needed on this for sure. :)

Well, she's based in book series called Talon-Saga, in it's world dragons live among humans in human form so that's why Equestria lore is WIP :twi: anyways. (also that's exactly why she's not from Equestria, it allows lot more freedom when it comes to characters.)
One thing that is set is that she transforms into a pony rather than just looks like one. (And yes, baseline is that she eats meat, but in can be changed that she is herbivore if needed since in Equestria everything seems to be possible :P )

And now the magic part, in the source material, it's explained that back in old days dragons were very magical beings, but with time, western dragons (ones my OC is based on) have mostly lost that ability, but they have just enough magic left to be able to transform into a human (eastern ones still has said magic, and the one in the books to this point (yet to read the last one), could summon a thunder storm, but it's not said if that's something they all share, or if it's only that dragon.).

now, possible solution, firstly, she is tough and sturdy like the Equestrian counterparts, and really, I haven't though her as magical other than her transformation ability (thus she's Earth pony and not Unicorn), in the books it's said that dragons are generally more intelligent than humans (or in this case ponies), but I haven't really seen any reason for that to necessary to be a thing either. But i guess it could be some kind of combination of MLP and Skyrim, as in, it could be that her type of dragons could be able to do simple spells by saying them in their language. But I'm 100% okay with fire breathing and the transformation being only things. It could be something like that Equestrian dragons descend from Ruby's type and have just lost/forgotten the magic with time.

54 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Also, I think the fire dragons breathe are more from a gland in their bodies, and not magic per se. Though since nopony is going to willing stare into a dragon's mouth and say *breathe fire*, whatever explanation the individual believes could well be true.

I just added that bit to avoid the "WTF is dragon magic"-bit, since...well, like you said, there is no one truth about if it's magic or biology.

56 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

ponies that is familiar around gems and finds them fascinating too.

Just a note here, she doesn't only like gems, she likes all things shiny, no matter if it'st the rarest gem in the world, or the most worthless piece of glass that just happens to shine in sunlight.

58 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

If it is, I have a dragon too that's more earthen based, and is a scholar. I could have them interact in some capacity if it were, or I could draw upon one of my ponies

Again, there is 2 different story possibilities here, dragon showing her that hiding as a pony isn't necessary for living among them, or story of a pony who becomes friends, maybe even more with a mare, who they eventually learn isn't actually a pony, but a dragon. 

 

 

sorry if this is constructed weirdly, it's almost midnight so that may affect to my writing atm. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is over 300 years old and knows many spells such as time travel and other advanced spells. He is very modest on how he uses his powers and spells. He is a very caring person and lives on the ground when he's not working he lives in a nicer house but nothing that would indicate he is royalty. He also helps out the princesses out with duties as well. He carries out weather orders as instructed. He also helps the community as well with helping to build new houses and even helped repair town hall. He doesn't mind getting his hooves dirty and helping others.

 

He is in no way a Mary Sue, He is in a category of his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Simply Cerberus

Starting with the Siren.

I tend to aim towards more friendly interactions, but really, I'm not the one who decides a direction most of the time. I tend to be more of an... Empower, in a way. I make suggestions and steer things along sometimes when I feel like I need to push things out of being too stagnant, but overall my role is to support the story the player would prefer. Hence, whatever situation you'd prefer for said Siren, it is my role to make it work around that, and then see where things goes. :) So, you decide on whatever you'd want a pony stumbling over her and them needing to try and bond, or have a non-pony stumble over and ease things somewhat. If it goes friendly or hostile will depend on the situation. :)

Then comes the dragon.

So, it's a trait from an outside Equestrian dragon then, to shift between forms? Seems perfectly fine to me, though I do suggest going with what you say later down, about them having forgotten magic. I like to think that some dragons can do magic, but most have forgotten or stopped caring, as it requires study, research and training, which goes against the general brutish style of at least the Dragon Land based dragons. Outside Equestria, they may have a better chance of being touched by magic, considering the shifting ability, but regardless, it would require the dragon in question to study for it to work. Something which for example your dragon haven't done.

As said, my dragon is a scholar. She have spend a good deal of her life studying and training alongside her other research, and as a more earth-related dragon, she have gotten fairly well acquainted with geomancy. (rock magic) Perhaps she could try and teach a few things, provided you get on her good side. She have a bit of a temper issue, and it have not been a good day for her so far, so she'd be a bit testy.

Anyway, as said earlier, it is merely a suggestion. It may well be that you'd prefer we go for something else, and keep it more casual with for example a pony bumping into the shifted dragon as she enters Ponyville, then chat qalong like  the one in question was just a regular pony, and then eventually finding out the truth. The one I mention who are a gem collector can be helpful there, but he'd be too nervous around somepony who had a great fascination with all shiny things I think. I have several alternatives though, but one thing at a time. First we have to find out what sort of path you have in mind. :) Do tell.

================================================================================================================

 

@Lord Midnight Madness

Might I ask what town you're referring to? Canterlot is unlikely, as Cloudsdale is far from it and another alicorn would catch attention, but somewhere else? A town of your own making perhaps?

As for the spells part, I still need to know what his limitations and weaknesses are. Saying that he knows many advanced spells like time travel (a problematic ability right there already, if not utilized with incredible care) and leaving it at that is actually the most Mary Sue thing you have said so far. :)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Starting with the Siren.

I tend to aim towards more friendly interactions, but really, I'm not the one who decides a direction most of the time. I tend to be more of an... Empower, in a way. I make suggestions and steer things along sometimes when I feel like I need to push things out of being too stagnant, but overall my role is to support the story the player would prefer. Hence, whatever situation you'd prefer for said Siren, it is my role to make it work around that, and then see where things goes. :) So, you decide on whatever you'd want a pony stumbling over her and them needing to try and bond, or have a non-pony stumble over and ease things somewhat. If it goes friendly or hostile will depend on the situation.

Well, to be honest I can do either, in both cases the story can get interesting, and the only real difference is really just how quickly Nada will warm up to the visitor (since in any case she won't be 100% right away since she has lived in isolation for over 1000 years and most likely has never met other creatures than ponies, sirens and maybe dragons.)

51 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

So, it's a trait from an outside Equestrian dragon then, to shift between forms? Seems perfectly fine to me, though I do suggest going with what you say later down, about them having forgotten magic. I like to think that some dragons can do magic, but most have forgotten or stopped caring, as it requires study, research and training, which goes against the general brutish style of at least the Dragon Land based dragons. Outside Equestria, they may have a better chance of being touched by magic, considering the shifting ability, but regardless, it would require the dragon in question to study for it to work. Something which for example your dragon haven't done.

That aright with me, though the difference being that Ruby has studied a bit, enough to know the transforming spell. 

51 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

As said, my dragon is a scholar. She have spend a good deal of her life studying and training alongside her other research, and as a more earth-related dragon, she have gotten fairly well acquainted with geomancy. (rock magic) Perhaps she could try and teach a few things, provided you get on her good side. She have a bit of a temper issue, and it have not been a good day for her so far, so she'd be a bit testy.

Anyway, as said earlier, it is merely a suggestion. It may well be that you'd prefer we go for something else, and keep it more casual with for example a pony bumping into the shifted dragon as she enters Ponyville, then chat qalong like  the one in question was just a regular pony, and then eventually finding out the truth. The one I mention who are a gem collector can be helpful there, but he'd be too nervous around somepony who had a great fascination with all shiny things I think. I have several alternatives though, but one thing at a time. First we have to find out what sort of path you have in mind. :) Do tell.

Again I'm up to pretty much anything, but one thing I would want to be there is the period where whoever she meets thinks or at least pretends to think that she's a pony, since it's big part of her character that she acts like a pony, but for example comments internally about things she finds weird about their culture etc.. Her learning to be like a pony is important character trait.

51 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Perhaps she could try and teach a few things, provided you get on her good side. She have a bit of a temper issue, and it have not been a good day for her so far, so she'd be a bit testy.

Ruby wouldn't necessary right away accept the help/friendship of other dragon either because her kind's culture is highly based on the usual dragon lore (loners hoarding treasure to caves, fighting based power system like in animal kingdom, territories...) so she wouldn't necessary trust another dragon that quickly. :P

Edited by Simply Cerberus
  • Smile 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Catpone Cerberus

Didn't really answer what way you'd like to start, but I can throw out some names here and then see if anypony catches your interest, alright?

==================================================================================

0dPt805.png

Long Stare. Quiet pony who lives on the outskirts of Ponyville, and only goes into town to work as a waitress in a coffee shop, and sometimes to shop for a brief time. She doesn't ike to make herself the center of attention, and tends to have a problem with being found sort of creepy, as she talks in a low voice, walks without making much or any noise, and tends to just stare at you until you address her if she needs to get into contact with you, as she doesn't like starting things with others.

==================================================================================

 

KAD8103.jpg

Berry Swirl, real name Loopy Layers.

Believes there is a large conspiracy that encompasses everything, and finds clues to it in weird places that she doesn't understand others won't believe. Her trip to a mental ward in her old home town she sees as them trying to silence her truth, so when she got released, she ran far away, changed her name, and tries to keep the things she considers the biggest secrets to herself, or whispers them to others. Afraid that the conspiracy will hear her.

=======================================================================

 

0AOAL2X.png

Billowing Smoke, or Smokey.

Adventurer and uhm... I'm trying to find a nicer phrase than *opportunistic grave robber and grey market dealer*, but let's just call a shovel for a shovel here. He's all about discoveries, and does donate a good deal of what he finds in old tombs and such to the museums. He just keeps the valuable things that isn't really needed. A vase, statue, loose diamonds, everything can fetch a pretty penny around the right beings, and long as he doesn't sell anything bad, he considers his hooves clean. Nicer guy all in all though.

===========================================================================

 

Y8nkXdz.png

Spicy Rolls. Poker champion and a money lender. You know, a legal loan shark. She travels around the land seeking a good game or beings who have a need for a quick loan, then takes advantage of either to her own gains. She and her bodyguard griffon, would be willing enough to help with things and keep some secrets, provided they're not getting in hot water, and that the situation is at the very least entertaining enough to be worth their time. Depends on how bored Spicy is mostly.

==================================================================================================

 

MM1baAv.png

Trail Tracker. More down to earth kind of adventurer, and runs a shop in Canterlot when he's around, or needs a break from things. He earns enough from there to think his life well enough, and mostly seek new thrills and experiences. More open-minded than some others.

===========================================================================================

 

7g5shFK.png

Happy Hour. It's uhm... Likely easier if you just read his story in the google doc. What isn't there is that he's been through a lot since going to Ponyville, he's been exposed for what he is to the area, and frankly isn't all that sure what to make of himself right now. His queen have shown too, but before he gets word, he'll just have to stay in the area and await orders. He'd check around, and get involved in things to gain more information, and might make some meaningful connections if things goes right. As a changeling, he'd be perfectly able to understand hiding in another form too, if that is a plus to anything.

=======================================================================================================

 

xxr7FSV.png

Officer Stargazer, of the Night Guard.

A nice guy with a stressful job, who does what he can to uphold the law in Ponyville after his transfer, and does what he can to help others, no matter the circumstances. More story of him in the google doc, and also about his daughter, Jelly. She's in town too, so may also be used. She's a good filly.

==============================================================================================

 

RwesyXt.png

Alonsus Merrywind. More in the doc too here, and it's a short one. A bit full of himself, but he means well, and is always happy to help. Especially if it means having somepony around that can tolerate him, as his friends are few.

That's basically all the ones I have right now who is not in use, or hidden for something. Far as I recall anyway. Getting a bit late here so kinda tired, and might've missed something. Look between these though and see if there's anypony you think you'd want to hear more off, or if you think they'll do. And please pick, as it's the only way we're gonna get forward mate. :)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, while I remember it: EVERYPONY! Lend me your ears. Just not literally. :P

I won't be posting again until Saturday. I'm turning 30 on Friday, and frankly, I will be spending the day having fun instead of writing. So there will be a 1 day delay while this old sack of bones rattles around.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom
Let's see, Firstly I shall list the OCs I can see either of my characters possibly develop positive feelings towards.
Long Stare
Berry Swirl/Loopy Layers
Spicy Rolls
Officer Stargazer(and maybe Jelly)

Firstly Spicy, because she depends on if I understood right or wrong
 

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

takes advantage of either to her own gains. She and her bodyguard griffon, would be willing enough to help with things and keep some secrets, provided they're not getting in hot water, and that the situation is at the very least entertaining enough to be worth their time.

Now, if I understood this right, She could be a match for Ruby for little more....dishonest friendship, more like partners in crime type, where Ruby would help Spicy with something...not necessary 100% honest and moral in exchange for shiny things to add to her collection. (If I understood wrong and this is not something she would do, ignore this.)

 

then rest:

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Long Stare. Quiet pony who lives on the outskirts of Ponyville, and only goes into town to work as a waitress in a coffee shop, and sometimes to shop for a brief time. She doesn't ike to make herself the center of attention, and tends to have a problem with being found sort of creepy, as she talks in a low voice, walks without making much or any noise, and tends to just stare at you until you address her if she needs to get into contact with you, as she doesn't like starting things with others.

She could work with either really, though I would say it would be more fitting for Ruby since I really don't see a way how she would end up in the middle of Everfree forest going towards mysterious singing :P Her quiet and presumably calm personality could be a good mach for a dragon who is still learning the ways of Ponies, and doesn't necessary want to get too much attention to herself either 

 

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Berry Swirl, real name Loopy Layers.

Believes there is a large conspiracy that encompasses everything, and finds clues to it in weird places that she doesn't understand others won't believe. Her trip to a mental ward in her old home town she sees as them trying to silence her truth, so when she got released, she ran far away, changed her name, and tries to keep the things she considers the biggest secrets to herself, or whispers them to others. Afraid that the conspiracy will hear her.

She could be interesting pony to find Nada, her....limited sanity could give a good reason for her to be crazy enough to go investigate weird singing in dangerous forest, and it could get interesting if Nada's first contact to ponies in over thousand years would be a somepony who isn't necessary the most sane thing out there :P Also they both share the lack of trust towards ponies. (again, if I understood right)

 

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Officer Stargazer, of the Night Guard.

A nice guy with a stressful job, who does what he can to uphold the law in Ponyville after his transfer, and does what he can to help others, no matter the circumstances. More story of him in the google doc, and also about his daughter, Jelly. She's in town too, so may also be used. She's a good filly.

 He would make sense to find Nada, he's a night guard, so he could be investigating the weird singing in the forest due his job, and him being a batpony, Nada wouldn't necessary recognize his species. Also, his/his and Jelly's kind nature could help Nada to get slowly over her fear of ponies. 

 

 

Now, I know you asked me to pick, but now I ask you to go through my suggestions and choose what you would feel most conformable with, there really is only two for each of my characters, and for me...I'm aright with all of them. now, we can always add more characters later,(like your other dragon) but in my opinion these could be good place to get the RP moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom Ahhhhhh, happy birthday coming up!! I wanted to apoloize for not posting yet :twismile: I got swept up IRL and it took longer than expected

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

 

HAPPY BIRTHIVERSERYDAY!!!! :balloon::pinkie::D:squee::yay:^_^:muffins::pinkie::balloon:

 

(Edit: Note to site- Needed emoticons: Streamers, cake, confetti, confetti shooters (preferably cannon form), candles, party hats, bombs, holiday bombs, holiday cannons, party cannons, forks, various desserts, and more party favors.)

Edited by Storm Shine
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Catpone Cerberus

(Sorry for the late responses here. Busy with things and I forget to check for a while)

Just to clarify things a bit first: Yes, Spicy would do that if she thought she'd get away scotch free. Kind of illegal to be a loan shark, but a debt lender is different. Usually comes down to how you get your loan back from more... Stingy clientele.

Long Stare tends to not go into the forest, correct, but the town is full of ponies and other beings right now, so it'd be the only quiet space, and everypony can get curious.

Berry shows off as a smiling being who works around others somewhat normally, but she's always checking to see if somepony is part of the conspiracy. Anything from asking if they're with the filly scouts, to dumpster diving and seeing what lurks in their discarded items are proof she'll be looking for. She tends to be pretty relaxed about it though. Knowing that there's a big web of things out there that needs to be unraveled calms her somewhat. Like a kind of satisfaction in knowing things that the poor, normal ones doesn't. Plus, she'd go insane if she had to be all jittery constantly, so there's a lot of denial going on too. :P

Now, looking over the choices that could relate with each other, and thinking what'd perhaps be the most entertaining...

Gonna go with Berry and Nada. Partners in distrusts and weirdness, and it frankly might be easier for the siren to try and trust somepony who isn't sane enough to be afraid of her.

As for Ruby... Tough call, but I think I'm going with Spicy Rolls. Long Stare can give access to some shiny things in the long run, and having her sister in your favor would be good, but I have used connections to Scarcity (the sister) for a while now, so for the time being, perhaps best to keep it to the side. Besides, Spicy and Ruby seems like a great pair of less than ethical partners. She too likes to horde valuables. :p

Best way to introduce things then would likely be for Berry to be in the forest, exploring something that she thinks will unravel the mystery of some random thing, and Ruby could well meet Spicy on the edge of Ponyville, where the mare would be checking her list of ponies she had so far gotten into loans in town. May well be a bag of bits open nearby to lure in Ruby, and things could evolve from there.

They may run into Stargazer eventually though, if they're not careful. Gotta keep the law. :)

Honestly, I make most up as I go, so I just set a base, then roll with it. .P Does this seem fine to you, or would you prefer to make the first post and then have me respond?

======================================================================================================

 

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Moon Glow

Thanks everypony. ^_^ It's good to read this before this old man's eyesight gets worse and I have to resort to telling kids to get off my lawn, and turn down their hippity-hop music.

...Okay, I do already tell them to turn that stuff down, but you know, besides the point!

And I agree with Stormy. This site needs some party emoticons. :)

Also, Moon, good to see you're still here. ^^ Was afraid I'd have to send... The -

thumb image

Fly my pretties, fly! *insane cackle*

  • Brohoof 3
  • yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.