Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Foxy Socks @Widdershins

I added Anomaly back for that reason. Whilst Briar attempts to speak with Rarity, the downtime where Widdershins aren't here can be used with you interacting with the draconequus. If Rarity then starts speaking with her, then I have two other chars to use for a side talk with Foxy. I can keep it going. ^^

=================================================================================

@Dji

I don't know if it's in the lore, I just say it's good she didn't eat them. :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm, uh... getting behind again aren't I? Well, you all will let me know, right?

Well, anyway. I admit I kind of rattled through quite a bit in that post, @Foxy Socks. Felt it befitting with the notion that Rarity has been tasked to help out where a tailor can in these times... and constantly cutting sackcloth isn't likely something a creative type like Rarity much cherishes. Believe Briar has made some introductions, but there's still room for you to offer up your situation & greetings. Like what the story behind your article is, what you'd like done with it, emotion expressed at Rarity's willingness to help and so on. Don't think she's been introduced yet to @Blitz Boom's Brittle, and considering how "matching well together" is like a notion that Rarity does cherish, I feel somehow implied to have her point that out too.  Oh, and as for AnomalyV.2? Well, was going to think that she hasn't heard that disembodied voice quite yet. A seamstress will need her now-sentient needle at some point, right? Perhaps I can open up an avenue for shtick for you there, B.B?

@Dji  Well, not so much Changeling Lore as insect lore. Those eat each other all the time!

Got this odd notion last time I read one of your posts. Changeling "ponyforms" aren't exactly an inherited trait are they? Like, you might have a favored pony guise to take on, but that doesn't restrict you to just that (usually) or leave a glaring theme that can point you out to anypony who's been crossed by you before, because that'd run counter to having the natural capability to do that in the first place. What if...   what if the whole red-pegasus-mare guise was just a real fuzzy memory she had a long, long time ago about her sister Dawn? Not important enough to dwell on as there's too few details, but just strong enough where its led to just a mild compulsion to craft that for a temporary disguise.

Waaait... Guise & Disguise mean the same thing?... guh... English language...

And... If you don't mind me saying so, Aurora kinda flipped personality pretty quickly there soon as she got into town. She was pretty bubbly & sociable meeting two in the countryside, but I suppose its still quite fitting to get notably more cautious in a crowd, like you did point out. Think I addressed the alternative as well with my own too! Namely blustering and making matters worse, lol!

Nice new banner by the way!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Foxy Socks

Awh bloody hay... This one's on me. I checked again, and I forgot to add a tag with your name in it. I just added Widdershins. *facehoof*

Go one page back from the newest, then to my last post on that page. Briar is starting the post off.

I'm sorry about this. :( No wonder you didn't know what to do. I'll edit the tag in too, just to be sure.

==================================================================================

@Widdershins

I have a feeling that Rarity will have a hard time matching anything with Brittle. She is a mixed bag of random colors. :) She'd have to borrow one of Pinkie's clown outfits. ^^

As for Anomaly, she is still hidden for now, so go ahead and use her for sowing if you want. I will not be responsible for what the work will end up looking like though. :P Hehe. Anomaly is a theatrical sort, with at least some kinds of restrints, so it'd make enough sense for her to keep in character for now and wait for juuust the right time to pop up and make a mess of things.

I like what you mention to @Dji, about the memory being somewhat imprinted. But I will like to add that I think some changelings just have forms they're more comfortable with in general. Unless they're taking others, a form of their own can be seen as a great fall back, and kinda like any of us having a favorite costume. Sure, we could use something else than the vampire teeth and cape, but we like it over the headless horseman outfit, so it's used more often.

As for Aurora, I think it makes perfect sense that she's more tense in town. As she mentions, she doesn't want to be associated with changelings, and with many ponies around, paranoia about being caught in being one can rise. I think it fits at least. ^^

Oh right, and while I remember it Widders: Flinp - who I wrote Onache with - haven't been around for quite a while currently, so if you have a want for a changeling queen, lemme know. I have one in town. :) I never know if that is a want, but your mind can work in mysterious, interesting ways. You remind me of Seamore really, just a bit more nutty. ^^

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

To answer your question, Widders, yes, you are behind. Maybe we should have mentioned that earlier.

Aurora did kinda flip personality, but remember, she did practically ram herself into the back of the carriage and hurt her head. When she did come back, she realised she was in a crowd she didn’t remember being a part of. It was an unwilling situation so she got paranoid. If it was a willing situation, she’d be fine, no worries, and still bubbly.

Aurora doesn’t remember having a sister, but she does remember a red and orange blob so maybe that could be her? Or their mother, even? I honestly don’t know. You’ll just have to guess and find out.

• Brohoof 2

Ah, thanks for the kick there @Dji! Been like, six days and glad I finally sat down to do it!

Have to say, @dragon4111, didn't know what I'd do what with your little dragon call there. They've done that in the show, sure, but Spike didn't know what it was. Though Kaltrop would be a bit older... though he's lived with other dragons back in the dragonlands... but he is the sort to disregard what he's heard before. He's sorta not far from Garble I guess!

You know, B.B? Have to wonder if a human could pick up a pony. Always kind of thought a pony's ribcage would be just a little bit smaller than a human's. Sorta like a really large dog; they're shorter since they're quadrupeds but just about as big. Well, anyhow, figured I'd leave it up to you if you wanted to try picking up my pudgy pone!

• Brohoof 2

Sorry I haven’t been on much lately.  The schedules got changed again at work, so I’ve been the only one in my department for the last four days (and I wasn’t even at work Saturday, I had a wedding to go to). I’ll try to get my posts done Thursday or Friday.

• Brohoof 1

@Seamore Sandwich

Good to hear you're still around, but I'm sorry to hear about your working situation. :/ Have to be quite annoying, to put it mildly.

Was the wedding good at least? :)

==========================================================================================

@Widdershins

Oh, I doubt he could pick up the pony. Have to be a heavy lil' bugger. I sorta figured to the start that he'd attempt and then let Ambie fall. :P

What? Never said he was a good guy?

Buuut I have another idea, so eh. :P

needles, plants & alchoholism

@~Phoenix~ is back! Yaaaays~!

@Dji Aye, perhaps you should of; Aurora has been "out of the picture" for a couple paragraphs of the script but I/we've got more then enough to work with as of now! So don't worry about it!

Was mulling just now about a few things, @Blitz Boom. Foremost, since Anomaly had been a needle, I was thinking that Rarity would do what most seamstresses do when hunkering down to work, namely putting a few of those extra sewing needles in her mouth for ease of access... which I probably something you don't want to do with your draconequus.     Like, totally! You even know where your Anomaly has been?!!?

Secondly, was kind of waiting for Shineling to get back to that leg of things before I did anything else. I guess he's still having trouble with the weathers down there in the hurricane places. Besides, waiting for you to get within earshot. Sure hope that wasn't my daisy the rock just ate! It's kinda important!

Hee, guess that's kinda a rule in improvisation. Ya gotta give your comedy partner some leeway on what you plan to do with your shtick!

That thing with Nerzhei? I do realize she's got earth armor, so that explains a fair bit there, but still... plants growing over you feels distinctly parasitic somehow... where there's flowers, there's roots digging into whatevers underneath it...

Oh, and a random headcannon I'd thought I'd bring up!  Kinda always thought of Applejack as a functioning alcoholic! Not a problem, but still. She IS named after moonshine after all! ...what? Where did you think the brandname cereal got the name from? It's cheaply made, apple-based alcohol. She is a hardworking workhorse after all, a gal has to want to sit down to a cool one after working literally every minute of the day. The Apple Family does have its stills to make the stuff and Ol' ApplejackDaniels is practically the color of any & every apple-based drink!                                Mah point is... whether or not he breaks one of their trees, I'm sure Happy Hour would get along quite well with AJ! 

...well, as long as he's not competition during Cider Season. You don' wanna know what the Apple Family did to the sales-stallions of Flim & Flam! They don' call 'em the Apple Mafia for nothin'!

...think I've derailed my train of thought again.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji

We all know that's not you, but Widdershins. :P Hehe.

==================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Always good to see a familiar face. ^_^ We could pick up where we left off if you will? An adventure to... Somewhere, with Phoenix and Smokey. :3 I seem to recall he were taking her out to get something to eat, yes?

====================================================================================

@Widdershins

Are you kidding me? It would fit her character to absolutely love that. Being seen as a regular tool, so she can make her playing around in that regard. Imagine that everything you sew together will change color, texture, etc.

And you needn't worry, Datt Mamon just ate a regular flower, though he is moving towards your current one. So if the house, and a fourth of Anomaly. Chance one of them will catch up, but you can have some time messing around with the rock creature in the meantime if you want. :3 It's just one of several *because I could* creations of her, so do what you wish. Chances are any flakes falling off it will just morph into more of them, albeit smaller. :)

I think you mean Lyriel when it comes to plants growing, and it's not armor. Her dress is made out of leaves and such, with branches growing in her hair and a usual look going over the leaves and grass in her hair that fits in color to the time of year. With the pure water - considering she came from a place where they had to do with rain water as tapping from the river was a bad idea - I figured it'd be akin to a growth spurt. This is still all ornamental, and matching with a dress, not a set of armor in any kind of way. Also, the effect is bound to wear off soon, and she'll tone down to her regular self. Just figured I'd have some fun with it. :) If you want though, I can have the part of Anomaly that you have spoken with get closer and take it from there for now.

I like splitting her up like this, Means there's a little of her around all over the place. And no, I don't just mean the isle. Somewhere, a funny looking toaster that used to be part of her legs for that evening is making weird noises and spitting out brownies. :P Living prop maker.

As for Applejack, I wouldn't be surprised. Far as the clips I've seen in the show goes, she stands for making the cider. Have to taste test that too, and eventually a sip can become a gulp. A low degree of alcoholism wouldn't really be too far fetched considering things. Not like the - I assume fan-made - character Berry Punch. That's more of the stereotypical kind. :P

I don't think you should think this means Applejack and Happy would get along too well though. Happy will try and play nice, but he loathes cider. He works in whiskey, gin, and what else he considers actual alcohol, and finds cider to be swill he only haves a few bottles off in case he needs to have a friendly drink with one of a more weak stomach, or he's trying to poison somepony. Unless the Apple family starts producing bourbon of some kind, I'll say the two have very different clientele to address, and on a business side would have little to no issues with one another, unless it's for an event and they're fighting for a big contract.

How it'll go when/if they meet... Hard to say. Currently I would think bad, since it have been less than a half day since Happy have been seen in his current changeling/human form, and she might think some sort of freak is trying to nick her trees. But might be she heard or saw, or even just have a the patience of a mountain and would wait before smashing him against something. Just remember, if he haves no other choice, Happy will respond in kind, and as I have said some times before, he is not a good being. Not as bad as Onache of course, but still, he'd fight dirty and vanish into the night. Or morning. Whatever fits. ^^

15 hours ago, Dji said:

I've been sick today, but I don't think I'm as sick as this girl is.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

We all know that's not you, but Widdershins.

I'm going to take that as describing myself as "Expressively Creative" or so artistically intriguing that one would define my shenanigans as "Totally Sick!"

Also. Why don't we have more tentacle hair like that, huh?

Fun little game there! Try to pinpoint the frame of animation where her expression changes! Because, surely they wouldn't just entirely rewrite a characters emotions to fit her expression in only less then two frames of animation! Because that'd be Hackneyed. 

Hhhhhhaaaaack.

Well, I meant... don't rightfully know what I did mean. No matter. Always have thought it terribly brave to carry needles in one's mouth like that.

Well, maybe blow Rarity's muzzle clean off? That's... kinda scary there Wid.  Well... like... in a Daffy Duck way!

I think you mean Lyriel

I... I swear I read Nerzhei... Ah shoot, second time I've fumbled when trying to tie into a subject in the thread proper. Fhoo.

I am somewhat concerned though. Anomaly's already in fourths now? Foxy's group, Blitz's cotillion, and the one that followed me? Regardless, I see a Draconequus as a sort of living idea or mental construct given form. And like with any idea, stretch it too thin and...  well, you'd ruin the elasticity? If nothing else, bloody lot to keep track of! That's why I have played out the idea that Widdershins wouldn't catch on quick enough to notice a self-made clone of himself & wind up attacking himself like a cockatiel at a mirror.

..I can't tell if that analogy is gruesome or silly. 

or he's trying to poison somepony.

And I just spat all over my monitor.

Ah, Applejack is a patient sort. Kind of have to be, living on a farm, ya know? You want a mare to haul off n' greet you with a pilodriver into the nearest wall, you get Raininator Dash. I look forward to seeing someposter trying to rp as her! (N-no, I don't have a crush on Rd or anything! Baka! I just got her as a plushie, so its only natural she'd be the first to be compared! Baka!)

Quality of a drink is, of course, based on how well its made, not what rightfully goes into it. Seen alot of apple beers and I know that alcoholic cider is a thing. Hence why its kinda a joke in the Brony community. Far as I know, that's the whole pull of it that fermentation and alcohol goes into pretty much an-ALCOHOLIC EGGNOG!!!

...Oooh. I, uh, need to go... see if... I can find something now... just... just out of curiosity...

@Widdershins

Oh, she fets spread thin eventually. That's why her metallic part can't change forms right now, as it's too little of her to do everything that she does.

Way she goes about it is that eventually, she'll meet up with her split halves, leech the experiences the one have been through, and then either reabsorb, or think it funny to give her previous part a new life. The later means she takes out what is essentially her - like almost all of the magic, most memories and the essence of draconequui - and leaves the previous slice of her with a permanent form and some small amounts of chais magic.

Think of it as when Discord makes something, though in Anomaly's case, it just goes through more of a metamorphosis, I think the word is. :)

Currently, the one in the hut is a half, and so is the one with Foxy. They're on the next day when the part you play with have returned and merged together with the one with them. :)

And no, I'm not using them as living Horcruxes. That'd just be silly. ^^

She can have up to two actual, unspoiled halves of herself wander around and still be able to change forms. Four they loose that. Six and the magic mostly goes as well.

As for the picture, I just think it shows the duality between the regular and crazy sides of you. :P Pink text Widders is fun.

I won't blow off Rarity's jaw. Anomaly is more likely to ruin her work, or sew life into the outfit to really mess with Rarity. Laughs over screams.

Also, I'm not here to judge. Put on your RD hat again and rejoin the fan club. :P

When it comes to alcohol, I don't really know much more than the names. I've never even had a beer, so I just roll with things. At the time, that meant having him dislike cider as being *thin and uninteresting*. Not sure what he'd say about eggnog though. :D

===================================

@dragon4111

I'm pretty sure that whatever Happy can mix up, it won't do much against Widdershins. :)

• Brohoof 1