Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Oh, fast food humor.

And I do have that character sheet ready for you blitz, however my growing list of problems simply demands greater attention.

I should be able to get it to you something later this week, would that be okay?

@dragon4111

As it was not specified in your last post, I had to go on what I saw, and that included a chance to add some more to my character in the form of a weakness and something I figured made sense about Dryads. That I used Ancalagon for that is just a fortunate accident. :P

You can add the platform you mention in the next if that is what you meant, though I might just be misunderstanding things entirely. Stupid flu rattles my brain.

@dragon4111

Doesn't count when you add it in after my response mate. :) I can see the timestamp on when you edit in things you know. :P (unless you edited something else on the post, in which case we can talk about it)

The earth can rise in the next post from you if it is, but the dice have been rolled, and we have to run with it from there.

Though really, I don't see the issue. Accidents happen and he's distracted by things happening with his underlings. Forgetting things occurs.

============================

@cwhip9

Neato. ^_^ More weird adventures and feline shenanigans.

@Flinp

Are you talking about the tech-based alicorn one? Only one I seemed to be able to find in my innbox. If so... Think you could post the details here again? I think I'll need some help sorting out how to get it done if it is, and @Widdershins tends to be great to see flaws and paths I can't. Might be the confusion element that makes his brain so well equipped for the twirly paths of things yet to come, who knows? :P

Others could perhaps come with some great ideas to it as well, and perhaps we'd have something that could vbe joined in on as a grand adventure of sorts. ^^ But I'm getting ahead of myself. Details first, then see what we can get done. :3

Now that I think about it, what even is Molasses used for? I'm going to have to google this, aren't I?

Anyhow! Two things!

Well, think my point from last time was, @Blitz Boom, that aren't Ambie & Happy Hour still a good ways apart as of yet? I'm still fairly new to this, but I can't just say something to the effect of | Ambie was walking along for a while, then said Hi to Happy who was there all of a sudden already.| ,right? How do we start that up again?

Aaand, for lack of an alternative, I'm just going to pretty much ignore @dragon4111's Ancalagon's presence for now. I feel it gets a bit redundant & annoying for us to have to continuously write our characters as saying something to the effect of "Oh hey, you remember that great big OC that's down the ways there?" Glod knows I want to, but what really is the point of acknowledging Ancalagon if I ain't gonna go run up to him then about it? Ambie's my ponysona and as much of a dragonerd as I am, but I really don't wanna sidetrack that far off and have him get underfoot. 

Pretty sure that molasses is a pancake topping...

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins Alright. Im gonna keep in spoiler so that other users that want it to be a surprise dont see it.

Spoiler

So, sometime ago, I did a tech-based alicorn OC. He still needs some work- like, a entire backstory. https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/prince-techno-r9762/

But, one thing about him is that he has a kingdom that is full of tech stuff. So perhaps a virus could strike his kingdom so that all the robots get angry and go all after Equestria? It could work as a pretty cool arc, considering that the RP had a second anniverssary a few days ago.

@Flinp   Well, if anything else I say can be waved away, I just want to posit you one question.

Are you willing to fabricate an entire nation, its culture, likely thousands of other unmentioned civilians, its way of life, how they interact with not only each other but how they relate to the much bigger nation of Equestria?

So in far as I can tell, this is meant to be a more catch-all, general, "Around Ponyville" roleplay thread. A sorta come n' go, ya get me? Not... you know... Don't think Blitzy wants to deal with an allout robotic uprising and war. I mean, heck, we had a rough enough time with the last Eldritch Horror and managing the mountain-sized dragon lord! 

Thing is... thing is. As an alicorn, I quite like him, not all trussed up or overly OC-ish as alicorns, especially male alicorns, tend to be. But.... I don't get anything Technological about him. I'm not saying I need him dripping in steampunk cosplay or cyborg implants like a third of every pony OC is, but apart from him studying it & being good at it not much about him says technology. Well, other then the fact that that's about as literal as a name you could give him for this example. I'm trying not to rag on you too hard here or get you down about it, but maybe a different name could work. You are perilously close to Techno Universal after all.

No offense, but i'm not getting... too much of a story off him. I'm not saying he's terrible, but... could use a bit more fleshing out. Probably my favorite male alicorn so far! Just what gets to me is that technology isn't a big thing from what we've seen in the world. The train & vehicles we use for the toyline are stretching it pretty far, but having outright computors for programming or, say, lazer guns (Pony with a lazer cannon! RADICAL!!) feels like one too many steps away from the source material. Like, if we were to have that there, it would just feel like a fanfic scenario of "What if it was like OUR WORLD but with PONIES!?" 

But I suppose, major sticking point, is where do you plan to put this new nation of technology? Any space left would just be too far out to have much of an effect without Equestia's leaders knowing full well of you coming way beforehoof. We've got the griffon kingdom and everything all planned out for pretty much half the globe. There simply isn't enough room on the map to just throw in an entirely new count-                   Abyssina.

...What?            Whole nation of Antro Cats, possibly a larger country then even Equestria. They're adorable. And they're coming up in the movie. Had a comic book debut.

........ *throws all his notes & paperwork in the air, stomps off in a huff*     I give up! I try to hold cannon to this world but they go and-...

Eh-hee! Authors, am I right?

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins Hm. I think we will need to pull off a Crystal Empire on this one. I honestly don't mind needing to make a entire new society if needed, which will.

Yeah, I know that Equestria is in its medieval times or something, but it just feels like the kind of place where there would be a high tech kingdom. Maybe its just me. I do have to agree that the similiarity with Techno Universal is quiiite a problem though...

For the kingdom part, time to look at the map!...alright, maybe the kingdom could be around this region:

OugJISMlRY_AZpPpLWSlEA.png

Mostly in the middle of the woods that Im having difficulty spotting the name and the undiscovered west.

@Flinp Well, more of like Steam era. They got stuff like locomotives, harvesting machines, slot machines, blinky mind-scanning devices, even helicopters. But there's that sort of idea that ponies haven't really caught onto the idea of some wall-length computor for calculations or internet stuff. Well... think Twilight has that...

Well, a more of hoofmade feel to it, if you get me. Not anything like mass-produced microchips or something.

Still doesn't seem like enough room for a nation, so much as a small undiscovered town. If I remember right, Whitetail Woods is right outside Ponyville. 

So what kind of robots are we talking here?

@Widdershins Eh, Im sure that his kingdom would be able to cover the entire in-between of these two places.

Well, I was thinking like, pony-like ones. Maybe its the first time in the history of the kingdom that they tried to do robots like these, so they just made a bunch of bodies for the robots but no actual coding, though the virus gives them a "evil coding" and makes them evil.  Maybe other non-pony-looking robots could also get aggressive like delivery drones and lawmowners. Maybe thats what could bring them all the way over to Ponyville.

By the way, you guys had a Eldritch horror thing?

@Widdershins

To start off, I'd just ignore Ancalagon too if it is. I just reference him now and again on my others to make a point or some filler. :)

Then onwards we go with Ambie and Happy, or Hampie if you will. :P

I aknowledge that at times, the way I think I set up things aren't always too obvious, so if it is, I apologize for keeping this vague. I did mean for him to meet with Ambie in the next post, with a sort of *Ambie saw somepony walk towards him* kind of thing, but I should perhaps have been clearer.

Will it help if I now gave you 143,3628% permission to just think of a way he approaches in his pony form, and then run from there? I'll even let you do something silly if it helps smoothen things out. Whatever needed to get the cart rolling. ^_^

================================

@Widdershins @Flinp

Seems like you two have done a lot of the talking. O.o Let's see if we can't filter down a response or two to it.

Basically, Widders worries were mine too. Invasions are tricky to handle and require a lot of setup and afterwards maintenance. You'd have to be sure you can handle that and are willing to stay and run the course if it is, before anything else. It's quite the investment of time and effort, and ot could be interesting if handled well, but you need to be ready for it mate. :)

The robots also pose a problem even if you stay the course, as Ponyville is currently filled with workers, and the large dragon. If there was an attack there, there would be plenty to fight.

Might a suggestion be to take the fight to them? Like, somepony stumbles into town, screaming that he needs help and that something is wrong in the small nation. Virus could be a thing slowly overtaking places, and whoever comes would have to both find the culprit responsible, and fend off civilians overtaken. A mystery adventure where you could play GM for a bit. :3

As for tech, Widders, there is inventors around like Flim Flam brothers that is trying to make new stuff. So I think it's more a case of Equestrian tech being stunted, and with some ponies trying to advance things, though slowly.

I may be sligthly biased as I have two inventors. :P No lasers though. Mainly electricity.

Oh wait, you already covered it roughly. Nevermind.

Yes I respond as I read. Thinking is silly. :P

As for the Eldritch horror thing, we did. Some kind of *Total Order* creature Seamore laid the groundworks for for about a year. Gotta give him, he knows how to GM and adventure. :) It was the creature who attacked Ponyville, and now requires the town to be repaired.

Oh! I have a suggestion. You know, beyond the way the viruses work and the mystery adventure.

How about you don't try and fit the kingdom into this world per se? Take a que from Scifi eriters, and open a portal to an alternative, more advanced dimension. Or one of many potential futures perhaps.

Somepony could've tried to make a gate to anotger town to seek help, but something malfunctioned and whoever would wander through would end up getting really confused, as well as those who ends up meeting the pony.

Just a suggestion, but I woukdn't be against it. Not like I already don't have some dimension hoppers.

...*cough* I get weird idears for OC's sometimes.

And while I remember it Widders, I would have you know I don't have third of my OC's with robotics. Only like a seventh or eight of them. :P

21 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

And while I remember it Widders, I would have you know I don't have third of my OC's with robotics. Only like a seventh or eight of them. :P

Shoot. Just remembered I have a fully-robotic cyborg mare of my own. I didn't say I couldn't also be a hypocrite! And, well, that's more of like electricity generators, rather then stuff like internets or radio waves or telephone lines connecting every household.

I suppose my biggest concern is that our Ponyville is still rebuilding in addition to Dragon4111 & Lloyd each stirring up their own more-or-less world-threatening schemes as well as im sure B.B and S.S do as well. Throwing in a robotic uprising feels like one too many ingredients in the stewpot.    Theeeen agaaaaiiin... pretty sure that was the point of this entire Thread in the first place, lol!

*distant yelling*

AND IF YOU NEED ANY DIMENSIONAL HOOHAH.... DO CALL ME! I DO WORK SOME FREELANCE PORTALWORK! NEVERMIND MY TRACK RECORD!!!

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Yeah, now that I think about it, maybe the idea of somepony(ies?) going over to Ponyville to call for help seems better than robots walking over to Ponyville. I mean, if the kingom ends up being somewhere in the undiscovered west, then it is indeed kind of close to Yanhoover and Los Pegasus.

And...sorry, but I don't really like the dimensional idea. I just, idk, don't dig it.