Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Seems like you two have a plan, so that's good. :) We'll run with it, and see where it leads.

========================================================================

A small thing for everyone though: I will be postponing my writing until tomorrow, and then have that work into the *every second day* schedule, so it's Thursday, Saturday, etc. I wanted to write today, but while at work, a knife slipped, and I'd like to give my finger some rest for the evening. Nothing major, just ain't pleasant to type with, and the throbbing is distracting. Tends to get better the day after, so gonna go back at it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. :(

• Brohoof 1

hello every pony! Light is traveling right now and is trying to head your way! unless @Blitz Boom wants to stop light from going to other people's stories.

so if you guys want to spice things up in your story Light can mess thing s up there if you want. :oh_golly: 

@Blitz BoomBoomBoomBoom  

or maybe is there some dead story out there that you need to be fixed? we can head to that place and make it have an ending. fix it if you'd like?

or let Light join another story you'd like to make a twist in it?:toldya:

we're not gonna merge all the story... just make connections with them.

one by one is okay too:squee:

then. Cali and the rest can chase after Light to stop him if you want too.... :P

Alright, that was the posts sorted. Now on to the OOC stuff. Starting with-

@Kujamih

Still not going to force a link between threads. If anyone would like for Light to be involved in something, please do ping it here, and we can work on something, However, please don't push into another posting going without consent. If you have a particular one in sight, poke the ones involved here in the OOC, and see what responses you may get from them. :)

Also, I have some plans involving his new companion, that can serve as links to a few things here and there, just in case. You'll see.

============================================================

@Starforce

Looking them over, Collapse would likely work better with the current setting, as she is a fellow inventor, who also have made flight possible. She may end up having a lot to speak about with Molotov, even if he works in more pure machinery and robotics, rather than mixing magic and machinery all that much. Yet in that case, the two of them could learn much from one another, if it were. Imagine the utterly weird things they'd end up crafting, or even speak about. Hey, they could see one another as rivals, or have a friendly competition to see who could make something fitting a particular need the best. :P

That being said, I do think that perhaps, there could be a place for Magloria somewhere else, although she seems to be rather... How do I put it... Similar to Magnolia, in many ways? Daughter of cannon characters, stealing magic, dabbling in dark arts, and wandering on the path of a villain. Even though she seem to have gone a good deal past that, thus far.

Are Magloria and Magnolia in some way inspired of one another?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Collapse could very well meet with Molotov at some point, although for Magloria it is a bit of an explanation. When Magnolia started out in this roleplay she was kind of what Magloria was. Note how Magloria has different versions there. If I were to use her in this roleplay she wouldn't have any relation to the canon. She would be more or less what Version two is - a rogue Zorse on a mission for self fulfillment.

I find it a bit wonky to play Magnolia in this RP here, so you can see her current sheet as it is now. She has no more magic draining or anything of that sort. https://mlpforums.com/character/20-magnolia/

@Kujamih

My real world geography is pretty bad, and sadly that counts for fictional map reading too, so I have no idea who the closest are, to be honest. No active zebra chars used right now though. Zeehva's not a real zebra. She moved to Zebrica, and to appease the traditionalists there, underwent proper alchemist training and trials, to gain their approval at her plan to marry a zebra. The stripes she have, are painted on, and will remain, even if her fur grows out. It's an honorary sort of thing, to mark her willingness to embrace, and live by, their traditions and culture..

I do have a zebra, but he's not currently used.

@FanOfManyShows also have one, but he is here very infrequently.

Transport can be handled, just try and focus on something, and then ask around, aight? :)

=============================================================

@Starforce

She can still drain magic in my opinion. Just have to be done towards creatures who'd wish to cause harm. Or to clear some cursed items around. That sorta thing. I like the thinking that there are two sides to everything, and then explore how one might turn that around.

Necromancy as an example. Primarily seen ass raiding the dead, and causing disease. Yet if they can raise the dead, couldn't they also lay the dead to rest? And there's not far from cursing disease, to then know exactly how to deal with it, to make it go away again.

Same with sacrificial magic. Dark stuff, that takes life to fuel various dark crafts, yet could also be used to offer a portion of yourself, to save another.

To get back on track though, perhaps I should have another of my chars run into Magnolia at some point. He works with a kind of shadow magic, though not similar to her own. Yet they may be able to find some common ground, and talk about how to efficiently embrace the darkness, whilst still being technically on the good side. He travels in shadows (literally) so he can find someone, at any time. Maybe when they're selling potions he'd come around, checking to see if there's something unlicensed, and she feels him lurking around? Just trying to think of a way to let you flaunt off your shadows a little more, if that in some way, would help you feel more comfy around things. :)

Just a thought though. What might yours be, as right now, I'm just tossing us about, and see what happens. :D

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

That is a valid point that I will agree with. We can say Magnolia has lost the ability to drain magic from innocent ponies, only those who wish to cause harm. That could also be possible for her to encounter your other character. I believe I have not utilized her full potential in shadow magic. Magnolia is capable of assuming monstrous forms with her magic, and adding shadow mass onto her magic to make herself stronger. 

As for Collapse and Magloria, what do you think of them?

@Starforce

Early shift tomorrow, so will think on this. But generally, gave my thoughts on your other chars earlier. I like Collapse more. She's more grounded... Kind of. xD You know, if you ignore the flying. Anyway, more inventor types are interesting, as it opens up a lot of avenues for creativity. Magic drain does have some sort of limitations on where it can lead.

I can speak more on some ideas regarding that, and Magnolia, another time, though just know that I think if she can only now drain from guilty ones, that should mean that her magic ion that area, are driven by her own sense of morality. If she thinks of herself as good, she cannot harm innocents. A little magical weirdness. :)

Only seen the first version of Magloria really, but she seemed fine. Potential certainly, and if you'd want her used, I think I may have one she could face against, using a kind of magic that I don't think she'd enjoy taking for herself. But that's for another time, and I still have toc heck the other versions tomorrow.

Also, this is the one I spoke of, that have shadow of a sort, from my side.

AwTyg0r.jpg

Shade Stealer. Or as he were named when born, Soul Prison. And no, he is definitely not a happy bunny. xD Him sneering at others, are generally in character.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Starforce

Early shift tomorrow, so will think on this. But generally, gave my thoughts on your other chars earlier. I like Collapse more. She's more grounded... Kind of. xD You know, if you ignore the flying. Anyway, more inventor types are interesting, as it opens up a lot of avenues for creativity. Magic drain does have some sort of limitations on where it can lead.

I can speak more on some ideas regarding that, and Magnolia, another time, though just know that I think if she can only now drain from guilty ones, that should mean that her magic ion that area, are driven by her own sense of morality. If she thinks of herself as good, she cannot harm innocents. A little magical weirdness. :)

Only seen the first version of Magloria really, but she seemed fine. Potential certainly, and if you'd want her used, I think I may have one she could face against, using a kind of magic that I don't think she'd enjoy taking for herself. But that's for another time, and I still have toc heck the other versions tomorrow.

Also, this is the one I spoke of, that have shadow of a sort, from my side.

AwTyg0r.jpg

Shade Stealer. Or as he were named when born, Soul Prison. And no, he is definitely not a happy bunny. xD Him sneering at others, are generally in character.

AHMM... Question....

Can Light kill it with fire? :laugh:

does this creature need to be put out of it's misery... ohhh or is there a revenge kinda deal in this where the true villain is not this creepy stalion! uuuu... plot... I smell plot.... maybe the happy bunny is the true villain...... or that damn squirrel is in on it too.... hmmmm:okiedokieloki:

@Starforce

Well, Molotov and the others are in Manehattan, so that's some way from Ponyville. :P Or do you mean further away? Like, outside of Equestria? IN the cold north? Something like that?

And having checked further on Magloria, I have a little to say of version 2 and 3.

2: Alicorn father is unusual, but nothing really major there, except for a way to explain some oddities, and ties in well with her hatred of alicorns in general, if it have not gone well with her and him. Her ability as essentially a Blue mage is interesting. Have to experience the magic cast, to do it herself, but then have access to it. Gives variety, yet should also be rather dangerous for her. Intriguing idea to run with. Being half zebra, I can imagine she may also have an affinity for randomly starting to rhyme her words, and potentially some skills in potion-making? I have a half zebra, half pegasus that might get along with her then, though she'd all sunshine and flowers. A sharp contrast to the darkness Magloria seems to be harboring in herself.

3:  Sounds like an interesting, ongoing story. I hope they'll make it out of there alive. :)

I think I mentioned version one earlier, but if you want me to read that some more clearly, lemme know, and I'll look into it.

Also, the two I spoke of in regards to her.

bWkyzUy.png

Zegasus, Zingola. Or Doc Zinger, as she called herself after getting her medical license. Most just calls her Ziggy. Nearly as tall as an alicorn due to abnormal growth hormones when she were little, and bursting with too much energy from the imbalance her mixed legacy caused. She is seen here, about to tacklehug some poor sap, as she so often tend to do. The glasses are just frames, but they were gifts from a friend, so she keeps them on, despite her eyesight being perfect.

sc0YEXf.png

Vivid Loss. Demon mare, or to be specific, demonic magic-infused pony. Though that hardly matters much anymore. Sold her soul her youth and power, and became a pawn, until she were sent to demand Discord - back when he ruled Equestria the first time - prepared the Equestrian climate for the demonic host. He easily defeated her, and trapped her in crystal, beneath the crystal empire, for her hubris. She were eventually released when Shining Armor and Cadence had parts of the crystals excavated, and freed her. As her former masters had ended up dying to stronger demons in her absence, her soul were hers again, and she signed a new contract with the royal couple, in exchange for a chance to become a regular part of society again. She made sure to vigorously have the contract written, and rewritten over the next four days, to ensure there were no loopholes for her to take advantage of, and as it is binding, she is literally incapable of murdering, or severely harming others. She is enough demon at this point, to where she is bound to the words.

She's been out and about for a few months now, and when not answering the call of the royals - sometimes for errands to run, issues to solve, Cadence trying to get her cultured, or questions towards raising foals, as Vivid had three of her own once - wanders Equestria, trying to find her place in this new world, that she have been torn from so long. It is not going well, with the few who welcomed her, abandoning her shortly thereafter. Which isn't helping her occasional mood swings, and feelings of being an eternal outsider.

The clothes she wears are cold tot he touch for others, but burns her with hundreds of degrees of heat. The demons cannot openly enter Equestria, as it is not warm enough for them, and they'd freeze in the spot, lest they arrived in a volcano. She isn't completely like them, yet even the summer heat, feels like ice to her, if she does not wear the demonic threads. She longs for a spell, or object, that can help her, so that she can enjoy the feeling of the sun basking on her skin again.

============================================

@Kujamih

16 hours ago, Kujamih said:

AHMM... Question....

Can Light kill it with fire? :laugh:

does this creature need to be put out of it's misery... ohhh or is there a revenge kinda deal in this where the true villain is not this creepy stalion! uuuu... plot... I smell plot.... maybe the happy bunny is the true villain...... or that damn squirrel is in on it too.... hmmmm:okiedokieloki:

You'd have to find the real one first. Shade likes to use decoys, akin to magic-infused scarecrows, wrapped in darkness, rather than go take things head on all the time. And even then, he travels in shadows, so it's not easy to hit him.

He's not a bad guy though. He's the head of General Midnight Screecher's black ops group. Her being the leader of the Night Guard, whom he is completely loyal to, as she were the only one giving him a chance, after he had a falling out with his family, over the forbidden magic he stole. He did so for a good cause though. He needed it to save his cousins lives, and he succeeded. Yet the magic had a price, and he sacrificed his wings for it. They can still move, yet he cannot fly with them, lest he infuses them with a fair bit of magic. Even then, it isn't the same, and he lost the ability to stand on clouds.

He's generally not well liked, due to his squad handling the unpleasant, yet necessary stuff, and it makes him irritated and lonely. And the more they make up stuff about him, and reject him, the more spiteful and willing to play up to their expectations he gets, which nets him even less of a chance at making friends, and so on. There's a good pony buried beneath it all, but since he can't even find anyone that is willing to talk to him properly, much less listen to his reasons for what he did, it can be hard to find it.

16 hours ago, Kujamih said:

do not trust woodland creatures.

burn it with fire instead.:oh_golly:

If you set fire to him, I'm turning Kujamih into a magic-less pineapple. :P

The picture's good, and I like the details of how a pony would have magical fingers. However, the squirrel isn't quite right. Let me show you the reference picture, I found on Googlle.

188347540_FahLina.jpg.3b2e66c34d6eaac9b9e5491177a68367.jpg

You see here more what I meant about the ears. A predator species, that usually feed on fish and shellfish, along with regular squirrel things like nuts and such, the mimics are curious, mischievous little things. An endangered species, only barely seeming to start repopulating properly now, and with varied small riverside *villages* around Equestria. They can do a fun thing, that earned them the title of mimic, over their respective scientific one, but you'll see that soon enough in the RP.

The one Kujamih met, have the third eye though, as mentioned. As well as being again, mostly charcoal dark, with grey tones to him. That is because he's technically more of a construct of sorts, formed into one of these things by a third party. Couldn't change his coloration, or the three eyes however. If you wanna see where he's actually from, just ask him. He'd be happy to show you. :3

He's also utterly harmless. Literally. He's just following Light because he's curious. He wouldn't even know how to start hurting another creature on purpose.

@Blitz Boom

What?! I thought they (Molotov, Cali, Blitz, Luna, Blue...) were in Ponyville this entire time!! And I only find this out now?! :ButtercupLaugh:

We could stick with the one that is full of hatred. Version one. Having her be Sombra and Radiant's daughter was intended for another rp and that story was specifically crafted to fit within that canon. Her alicorn father was named Absolute. I have an idea that her father's full name was Absolute Zero. He wasn't the alicorn of Winter, but of cold itself. Her mother was named Tsundoa, a Zebra who had something to do with water. Perhaps her mother was skilled in alchemy relating to water. Although I do not know the extent of which the parents were around in her life. It is probably an unknown if they are still around or not. 

Although obviously, I am open to ideas and suggestions about what her backstory is for Version 1. Version 1 is her original incarnation, I want to keep it as close as possible to what she is (as in her personality and such), but her backstory has needed work to be done. As for her Zebra side, in the original RP, and in this RP she will have the ability to create Runic circles out of her magic to trap ponies in and drain their magic. Using these circles allows her to access another pony's magic more directly. Being hit by stray spells will damage her, yes, but it will also give her full knowledge of that specific spell.

Unlike Magnolia, Magloria's manner of draining magic is far more specific and less general. She can't just create orbs out of nowhere. I'd say she has to be in a relatively cold environment for her orbs and draining magic to work properly. Magloria is also a skilled aquamancer, and can likely move around quicker than others in water. She can craft spears out of ice and snow, as well as other such weapons. She can convert ice into crystal. Maybe she would even craft herself crystal armor. 

Another thing to note, is that Magloria is likely an enigma / unknown by most. She has many aliases to pass off in her time and has likely lived a degree of normal life with them Magloria is very tactically inclined, so it is likely she has some tactical jobs she did in the past. Not quite as a guard, something more...more than a guard if that makes sense? Magloria isn't the type to kill or do great harm to someone but if she needs to she will do so without regret. Magloria isn't a murderer...yet. In this version, she wants to kill all alicorns and steal their magic for herself. Of course, she doesn't know about alicorn ascensions and won't be satisfied. Not that she thought of that yet.

Also another thing of note, Magloria is a very cold and intimidating character. She isn't like Magnolia is now, she isn't going to be receptive to 'change'. It will take years to make her...not want to kill alicorns, lol. As for the ones you showed, they are very interesting. We will discuss that later on, as I want to have a solid grounding for my character.

Letting all know that I will be away from the PC this weekend, so no posts until next week. have a good weekend. :)

==============================================================

@Imperium

You there mate? Bit more than the day after your last message. :P

============================================================

@Loud Opinion

Having issues figuring out the shark one again? I can try and get another char in too if that'd help?

===========================================================

@Widdershins

You there lad? You4r dragon's being set up for some mighty awkward shenanigans. :P

• Brohoof 1