Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Internet Celebrities

Pixel Media

Youtube, Twitter and other social media websites. Wherever they come from, people know they exist. The question I'm asking here is: Am I the only one who could care less about 90% of them? PewDiePie(by the way, most annoying username I've seen), and pretty much any other Youtube guy...I just don't get it. A lot of them make millions without leaving their homes. Of course they have a lot of fame too so some go to events.

I just find it kind of stupid people can make some good money from the internet, but seemingly just be annoying to a massive amount of people too.

Am I the only one who thinks about this? I hate to be attacking here, but PewDiePie is just...UGH!

• Brohoof 3

YouTubers put a lot of effort and freetime to their videos and I think they should get reward for the effort that they are putting into their videos.

I don't know much about them but I believe it's right thing to do to reward them for the quality of the videos that they put up with

• Brohoof 3

I'm not too keen on Pewds either, and I've come across a couple of famous Youtube channels in my time.

Sometimes a good source of entertainment, but it's not like I follow that sort of thing anyway.

I couldn't really care less about them, but as long as they're making people happy/entertaining, then all is good in my books!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Been a huge fan of the Greens (vlogbrothers) since 2008's Brotherhood 2.0. I currently subscribe to all of their channels from Crash Course to Sci-Show to vlogbrothers.

Puppy sized elephants, tiny chickens in your brain, evil baby orphanage, and many many punishments.

DFTBA forever

• Brohoof 1

Ignore them, because you can. 

I personally don't think PewDiePie is annoying, because if you see some of his 2012-2013 videos you'll see where his fame came from. Nowadays he isn't nearly as good, but he is a nice guy actually.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind internet celebrities. Granted,  I heavily detest the fanbases of internet critics because they treat the reviewers as Word of God and usually harass people who even dare to disagree with them and that gets really fucking annoying, but that usually doesn't have much to do with the reviewers themselves(even though I find a good chunk of them to be annoying)

In the end of the day I don't find much wrong with internet celebrities. I think they've made a true living if they're able to make a ton of money doing stuff they love which is something I envy

• Brohoof 1

I am a fan of only 2 big internet celebrities. I was a fan of Yogscast when Minecraft was in Alpha...I am still a fan but they they've lost their charm (but Sips and Sjin are my new favs)...I was also a fan of the AVGN since 2007 and again, he's still damn awesome, but I worry about the fanbase.

It's not so much the celebrities themselves (well for some), it's the fans that seem to really drag them down. I don't think PewdiePie and Game Grumps would be as...i don't know how to say it...overused? cliched?...as they are without all the imitators, the raging fanbase, and just a loss of charm because they focus so much on catering to their fanbase that they get stale....

I am a big fan of the Nostalgia Critic, the Cinema Snob, Linkara, the Angry Video Game Nerd, and Obscurus Lupa, also there is Rifftrax sure they were TV celebrities from Mystery Science Theatre 3000, but now they are internet celebrities riffing old and new movies alike, my favourite Nostalgia Critic review is North. 

I couldn't really care less for a fair few of them, either. I don't really hate them, but I don't like them either. I haven't seen anything by Pewdiepie, so I can't say how I feel about him.

There are only a few that I dislike. To name at least one example, I am not too fond of Chuggaaconroy. He used to be an amazing Youtube celebrity, but starting from his Pokémon Colosseum review, everything started to crumble. He is a little too positive for my tastes, his reactions are loud and exaggerated and worst of all, his humour is really, really forced. He knows that his audience loves his "humour" which consists of puns and "Doh, I missed" jokes, and Chugga himself knows that his humour isn't that funny. I really wish that he admits that he doesn't find his humour funny, much like how he once admit that he didn't like the Steve the Trooper meme.

I don't really care for internet celebrities for the most part because I'm not interested in what they do, but I believe some of them kind of deserve it; like AVGN.

I have no idea on why some other ones are even known, though. Fred is an example to me.

Fred is one of those things that are the most hilarious thing in the world when it first comes out then a year or two later you look back on it and think "this was never nearly as funny as I thought it was"

• Brohoof 1

And then comes the whole discussion whether or not some YouTuber(s) are just in it for the money, and not actually putting out quality content.

Now, I'll admit. One internet celebrity I used to like was Smosh. I was like 13 when I liked them. Nowadays, I find most of their videos to be obnoxious and full of forced innuendo (They have two music videos named Mest in Your Mouth and Dixon Cider). The only things I find funny by them anymore are their Pokemon in Real Life videos and their If blank were real videos.