Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has there been any anti bronies on this forum?

Stone Cold Applejack

Yes. I'm anti brony. I love the show, but the fandom is very annoying, and they are very rude to people they don't agree with. This is talking about my experience with them, so I'm not saying all bronies are rude and make fun of your creative work and call it cancer if they don't like it. But for the most part, I hate the fandom. It doesn't mean I will troll you or anything. I really like the show, so that's not why I hate bronies. At least on Facebook, every brony group I dealt with, people were rude to one another. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the Brony fandom myself but every fandom does that and Bronies aren't different in that respect.

You might as well be anti-fandom to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

Look up MLP Forums on encyclopedia dramatica. They have complete directions on how to troll all of us here. I didn't put a link because... well, you'll see.  But don't do it if you're squemish. Or at all, actually. They've got some depraved crap over there. :eww: It haunts my nightmares still. 

The problem with ED is that IT SHOULD be about people and sites that are legitimately vile but the "13 year old shitheads" as I've heard them called tend to flood the place with butt-hurt fueled articles about places and people they don't like for personal(and often very petty) reasons.

The whole site is also kind of one-note and unfunny(the first article might make you laugh if you stumble across a juicy one like TAAs, but after a you've read a couple they all blend together and just elicit a apathetic "meh") 

• Brohoof 4

The problem with ED is that IT SHOULD be about that are legitimately vile but the "13 year old shitheads" as I've heard them called tend to flood the place with butt-hurt fueled articles about places and people they don't like for personal(and often very petty) reasons.   The whole site is also kind of one-note and unfunny(the first article might make you laugh if you stumble across a juicy one like TAAs, but after a you've read a couple they all blend together and just elicit a apathetic "meh") 

Huh. I always thought the website was supposed to be like that.   

• Brohoof 1

Huh. I always thought the website was supposed to be like that.   

They actually have a rule against "blatant shitty attack articles"(ie, pages on someone that hasn't really caused any drama made just to mindlessly insult them. The pages on Linkara, Jew Wario, and Doug Walker are good examples) but it never get's enforced  because the edits to remove them always get reverted by the morons that think it's funny.

I don't post there or really read it much, I've just heard people talk about the inner-social-structure of the site and how horrible it is. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not the biggest fan of the Brony fandom myself but every fandom does that and Bronies aren't different in that respect.

You might as well be anti-fandom to be honest.

I am anti-fandom. I think Whovians are much worse than bronies, to be honest. I've seen a lot of Whovians say people aren't true Whovians because they don't watch the classic series. At least bronies don't say "You're not a true brony unless you like G1, G2, and G3, too!" (At least a lot of them don't say that.) They still think seeing an alicorn OC is cancer as if it's going to kill them, and they think there should be billions of rules on how to create an OC. I hate all fandoms. They are crazy. 

They actually have a rule against "blatant shitty attack articles"(ie, pages on someone that hasn't really caused any drama made just to mindlessly insult them. The pages on Linkara, Jew Wario, and Doug Walker are good examples) but it never get's enforced  because the edits to remove them always get reverted by the morons that think it's funny.   I don't post there or really read it much, I've just heard people talk about the inner-social-structure of the site and how horrible it is. 

I always thought the site was just run by a blatantly evil, misogynistic, nihilistic, sexist, racist, depraved, and downright rude omnicidal maniac. It frightens me to think that there are several blatantly evil, misogynistic, nihilistic, sexist, racist, depraved, and downright rude omnicidal maniacs running the site. I honestly didn't think more then one such person could possibly exist.              

• Brohoof 2

I always thought the site was just run by a blatantly evil, misogynistic, nihilistic, sexist, racist, depraved, and downright rude omnicidal maniac. It frightens me to think that there are several blatantly evil, misogynistic, nihilistic, sexist, racist, depraved, and downright rude omnicidal maniacs running the site. I honestly didn't think more then one such person could possibly exist.              

I'm not even going to contest that, I've heard stories of people exchanging the personal information of internet personalities they want to harass on the talk pages.  

The horrifying thing is that I was ran across a Ediot that worked security somewhere and apparently had been in the army from the way he talked(and this was no internet tough-guy, if he was lying he want to great lengths to study it and sound like he knew his stuff) 

I am anti-fandom. I think Whovians are much worse than bronies, to be honest. I've seen a lot of Whovians say people aren't true Whovians because they don't watch the classic series. At least bronies don't say "You're not a true brony unless you like G1, G2, and G3, too!" (At least a lot of them don't say that.) They still think seeing an alicorn OC is cancer as if it's going to kill them, and they think there should be billions of rules on how to create an OC. I hate all fandoms. They are crazy. 

You shoudn't hate an entire fandom because of just some of the people of it. You also shouldn't judge most of the fandom base on the little experience you have had with them. There are millions of Bronies and a bazillion more Whovians out there. The ones people generally have bad experiences with are usually a small part of the fandom so because of that you shouldn't hate them. Sorry for the bit of off topic rant but I needed to say that. If you wish to discuss more I suggest PMing me instead of discussing here and turning this into an argument. 

Anyway, yeah I have seen some here before. I even got into an argument with one before. He was quite stubborn. Usually though they are banned quickly. The mods here are effective at that heheh. But I don't think I have seen a lot though, just a couple, and its not like they are a big problem either just a minor inconvenience.

All groups of people have crazies though.

I just don't choose to judge entire groups and instead judge on an individual basis. There are Bronies I don't like, but that doesn't mean I hate all Bronies because of them. I judge them as I meet them.

I know lots of anti bronys. Kept telling them to at least give MLP a chance, i mean u can't judge somethin just because how it looks to them. No matter how much better they think they are, and how much they make fun of us. There is a great chance that there gonna end up liking MLP anyways

• 2 months later...

I am associated with the Anti-Brony Coalition, and I have even unknowingly promoted them in various places like 9GAG. So, I dunno, some people will probably call me one.

I even have the post...

post-30378-0-24376400-1419274245_thumb.png

post-30378-0-24376400-1419274245_thumb.png

Edited by CenturionX117

The problem with ED is that IT SHOULD be about people and sites that are legitimately vile but the "13 year old shitheads" as I've heard them called tend to flood the place with butt-hurt fueled articles about places and people they don't like for personal(and often very petty) reasons.

The whole site is also kind of one-note and unfunny(the first article might make you laugh if you stumble across a juicy one like TAAs, but after a you've read a couple they all blend together and just elicit a apathetic "meh") 

I think a Wiki for documenting stupid internet drama in a 4chanish tone was probably doomed to be shit from the start.

"Knowyourmeme" seems to do the same thing but better since it doesn't try to be funny, just informative.

I mean, how are you supposed to regulate humor on a Wiki? Everyone's idea of what's funny and unfunny is going to vary wildly.

And then why does the world need a repository for chronicling all the drama on the internet? Most of this drama is best forgotten and should be allowed to die, but instead it's all collected in one place so it can be brought up again and again.

I think a Wiki for documenting stupid internet drama in a 4chanish tone was probably doomed to be shit from the start.

"Knowyourmeme" seems to do the same thing but better since it doesn't try to be funny, just informative.

I mean, how are you supposed to regulate humor on a Wiki? Everyone's idea of what's funny and unfunny is going to vary wildly.

And then why does the world need a repository for chronicling all the drama on the internet? Most of this drama is best forgotten and should be allowed to die, but instead it's all collected in one place so it can be brought up again and again.

More than likely. Unless it's put on a really tight-leash with strict moderation sites about internet drama tend to turn really toxic really fast.

Tvtropes also tends to do a good job of keeping track of it from a academic stand-point. Horsenews also does a good job of cataloging brony drama without getting nasty about it. the webshow "why would you put then on the internet" is good as well because the host makes every effort to make where the post he mocks anonymous(removes all personal info from the screenshots) and tends to target legitimately vile posts like the ranting of bigots and abusers bragging about how shitty they are.   

Reading about drama can be amusing, enlightening(so far as teaching people about the internet's history and where some memes/slang comes from) and a good way to learn from other people's mistakes when it's not downright volatile and toxic in tone like ED is. 

Edited by Shoboni

I like the show and entire franchise quite a bit more than a number of members here, as some just visit this community and don't even care about MLP anymore (yes, this is quite the flip from me a year ago, I know). However, and I've probably said this before, I don't have a particularly fond opinion over the Brony fandom as a whole, anymore. Some might consider me an 'anti-Brony' because of that, especially since my opinions line up quite a bit with the individuals that this fandom hates. However, I still believe fully that guys should be able to enjoy this franchise as much as they'd like(yet, so do the individuals that this fandom hates so virulently), I just sometimes find it sad the way things have turned out in this fandom... So it's kind of sad that I could be considered an 'anti-Brony'.

Either way, I tend to keep my mouth shut. I didn't join this forum as a 'Brony' community, I joined it because I came into the franchise at the same time that many Bronies did, and thought it would be neat to be a part of a community for the show. I stand by that.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

I suppose I technically count as an "anti-brony" but I personally only bring it up when it's a subject of discussion.

I do absolutely love the show but the fandom I typically stay away from.

There are other anti-bronies here, some who signed up to cause mischief (whom are usually quickly banned), or just some like me who enjoy talking about the show with other people. 

• Brohoof 1

Another one of these posts. Too many people here on our forums seem obsessed over anti-bronies for some reason. 

Well, I can think of a few reasons as to why signing on a forum for bronies would appeal to them, so i'm certain there were at least some throughout this forum's lifetime.  I'm fairly certain they wouldn't get kicked unless they directly break the rules. That would just be hypocrisy. 

Yes. I'm anti brony. I love the show, but the fandom is very annoying, and they are very rude to people they don't agree with. This is talking about my experience with them, so I'm not saying all bronies are rude and make fun of your creative work and call it cancer if they don't like it. But for the most part, I hate the fandom. It doesn't mean I will troll you or anything. I really like the show, so that's not why I hate bronies. At least on Facebook, every brony group I dealt with, people were rude to one another. 

Pretty much this. I found that for the most part when it comes to the show this fanbase is one of the most intolerant and too many try to find deeper meaning to a cartoon for little girls.

Depends on your definition of brony! Some of my friends are "anti-brony" but are still technically bronies. They disapprove of the conventions and all the attention we get, positive or negative, but still watch the show like anyone else. But I'm not sure what a person who never watched My Little Pony could find in a forum with My Little Pony in the address bar other than complain, and goodness I think every forum has those kind of people.

And I honestly don't really blame them in complaining! In my old site, way back in January '11 or something a MLP thread came up and people were all, what. One by one my staff became bronies and by and for April Fools we changed every image and avatar to Pinkie Pie. Hilarious! ... and probably excruciating for people too manly for the party pony. Alas, Johnny Bravo day would have to wait.

After all the silliness a ton of communities pulled on their members, I'm never surprised when someone goes to a pony community to complain about us! It must have been horrifying watching entire sects of people you've known for years transform to bronies and find a way to sing Avast Fluttershy's Ass.

First of all, let's please make a distinction between a non-brony and an anti-brony. Not saying that OP or anyone else is mixing that up, but it is something that some bronies do that irritates me.

We have had members here who didn't care for the show but did enjoy the community, and so they just stuck around and participated in places that interested them. Nothing wrong with that. Of course, there have been plenty of anti-bronies, haters, or whatever you want to call them who have entered our doors to cause as much grief as they could. They don't last long. Bans happen fairly quickly.

It may be worth noting that whatever you're into, wherever you go there will be people who show up only to make others miserable. Our fandom and forum aren't remarkable in that regard.

• Brohoof 1