mega thread MLP FiM Season 5 Preview Info (Spoilers)

Batbrony

Psh, whatever. Y'all need to get on my analytical level.

tumblr_lw9fvnyUCL1r3k1m8o1_500.png

Oh dem fightin words brah. :wat:

• Brohoof 1

You know, what would be a crazy twist?  If it turned out that Starlight Glimmer was related to Twilight (like possibly a long lost sister or something). 

Come to think of it, there is a bit of a resemblance...  And the name, Starlight Glimmer...

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

You know, what would be a crazy twist?  If it turned out that Starlight Glimmer was related to Twilight (like possibly a long lost sister or something). 

Come to think of it, there is a bit of a resemblance...  And the name, Starlight Glimmer...

Twilight, Starlight, and Sunset all attended sEED Academy as foals, but their memory of being there faded away due to their overuse of magic. (Final Fantasy 8 reference. Please forgive me ; ;)

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah I forgot the "no canon, separate franchise" thing for a sec there. My bad.

Totally agree! Kinda like an evil Twi with her expressions.

I just wonder why they didn't announce the release date a bit sooner like around the time of Ponycon. 

I like her mane style, Bangs, with almost a beehive. NICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90L2tzp4dqI

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

From the trailer, lemme break down some interesting parts of the video. Obviously the Sweetie Belle singing has been pointed out.

BUT

at :33 We see Starlight Glimmer running away. 

at 1:33 YES! We're finally worldbuilding! Can't wait.

and that's it unfortunately ._.

at :33 We see Starlight Glimmer running away.

My guess is thats the end of the episode, so... she possibly escapes, unreformed, to maybe cause problems in future episodes? Or maybe thats the past and she has history with those ponies before the equal cutiemark thing happens. Hmm...

My guess is thats the end of the episode, so... she possibly escapes, unreformed, to maybe cause problems in future episodes? Or maybe thats the past and she has history with those ponies before the equal cutiemark thing happens. Hmm...

I noticed she had a cutie mark there, so either it's a flashback scene, or whatever the mane 6 does restores her cutie mark.

I like this whole concept of the mane six being sent on missions around Equestria to solve friendship problems.  It reminds me some TV shows that I used to like when I was younger - like "Quantum Leap" and that sort of thing.

So, Meghan McCarthy stated that if you're a really good magic user you can use the map to do different things.

Hmm.

"Hey Twilight! Mind if I use Chaos Control on your fancy map?"

Twilight, "NO!"

"Aww, okay then, how about if I just touch it with a Chaos Emerald..."

Twilight, "NO!"

I'm definitely writing that story.

Gotta feeling this could be the last season or maybe not...Who knows right?

This fandom had this paranoid feeling since the beginning, that every season can be the last.

Just enjoy the time you have with the show. ;)

Anypony else notice somthing special in the new clip when sweetie belle went up to sing?!

u2sAwb6.jpg

I don't get it. Is it that Octavia and Vynl are two of the judges?

It's that Sweetie Belle is in some kind of singing competition and since her special talent is singing which was teased at by being blatantly told to the audience that is what her special talent is way back in the showstoppers in season one many of us think she will finally get her cutie mark in whatever episode that scene takes place in.

And the main theme of cutie marks this season and friendship and how it effects those around you make it seem incredibly likely that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo will finally get their Cutie Marks.

I mean what better time would there be for that to happen then now? 

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

It's that Sweetie Belle is in some kind of singing competition and since her special talent is singing which was teased at by being blatantly told to the audience that is what her special talent is way back in the showstoppers in season one many of us think she will finally get her cutie mark in whatever episode that scene takes place in.

And the main theme of cutie marks this season and friendship and how it effects those around you make it seem incredibly likely that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo will finally get their Cutie Marks.  

Yeah, I was theorizing that this would be the season where the cmc get their cutie marks. I mean, this clip just gives more evidence to that. There's probably gonna be one episode for each of them getting their cutie marks.

I wonder if they'll give one for Babs?

• Brohoof 2

I'll admit that if Sweetie Belle's cutie mark ends up being about singing, I'll be very disappointed. How would that be anything unique or spectacular? Wow, so she can sing. Guess what? So can just about every single character in this show. 

No, that simply would not be good enough. >_>

Personally, I'd honestly like to think that Sweetie Belle has a future in writing. Sure, The Show Stoppers implied that she was a good singer, but it also implied something else: that she's very good with words. Remember, she came up with lyrics for Scootaloo's song on the spot. Also, I'd like to point out that at ten or so years old, she wrote a fully-producted play all by herself. And yes, apparently it wasn't a great play (I wish we got to see more of it), but that could have had nothing to do with the writing itself and instead had more to do with the acting. I honestly think writing is where her talent lies. 

• Brohoof 1

I mean what better time would there be for that to happen then now? 

Exactly what I was thinking and looks like Sweetie Belle may finally get over her fear of singing in public! I hope Claire sings her voice again!

If the CMC get their cutie marks, that means they'll be disbanded right?

I don't think so. I think they will stay together but have different types of adventures like the way the Mane 6 are still together and the characters are the same even with Twilight's alicorn princess change. 

I'll admit that if Sweetie Belle's cutie mark ends up being about singing, I'll be very disappointed. How would that be anything unique or spectacular? Wow, so she can sing. Guess what? So can just about every single character in this show. 

No, that simply would not be good enough. >_>

Personally, I'd honestly like to think that Sweetie Belle has a future in writing. Sure, The Show Stoppers implied that she was a good singer, but it also implied something else: that she's very good with words. Remember, she came up with lyrics for Scootaloo's song on the spot. Also, I'd like to point out that at ten or so years old, she wrote a fully-producted play all by herself. And yes, apparently it wasn't a great play (I wish we got to see more of it), but that could have had nothing to do with the writing itself and instead had more to do with the acting. I honestly think writing is where her talent lies. 

I thought so too. I think her talent is "song writing"/ composing rather than actual singing for performing purposes. Maybe her cutie mark will be a quill(maybe the quill is green to match her horn magic color) with a music note to represent this.

• Brohoof 2

I thought so too. I think her talent is "song writing"/ composing rather than actual singing for performing purposes. Maybe her cutie mark will be a quill(maybe the quill is green to match her horn magic color) with a music note to represent this.

Well, cutie marks can be pretty unspecific, I'm expecting her talent to be "Music" in general, like Twilight's talent is "Magic" in general, so anything like singing/composing/song-writing would apply.

• Brohoof 1

Well, cutie marks can be pretty unspecific, I'm expecting her talent to be "Music" in general, like Twilight's talent is "Magic" in general, so anything like singing/composing/song-writing would apply.

Yeah could be just an unspecific music note etc. Or her cutie mark will turn out to be her G3 cutie mark(I forget what her G3 cutie mark was.)  

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

At the premiere with spoilers, I know what is going on with their cutie marks and including Starlight Glimmer. It's just a fact that the equal cutie marks are look kind of suspicious and why did Starlight Glimmer had done that? :huh:
I'm going to be excited about this! :D

Yeah, I was theorizing that this would be the season where the cmc get their cutie marks. I mean, this clip just gives more evidence to that. There's probably gonna be one episode for each of them getting their cutie marks.

I wonder if they'll give one for Babs?

How I think its going to happen is since Sweetie Bell probably has the most development ( in my opinion), she will be the first to get her CM. Then the other CMCs will make up a group for the members that get theit cutie mark. Maybe that group will have privileges and give addvice to other Cutie Mark Crusaders. Since Sweetie bell is a newly marked and the only crusader with a CM she will help Scoot and Apple Bloom but end up not helping them because she's showing off her talent and then she learns a lesson.

As for how scoot and Apple bloom I have nothing. Well maybe Apple Bloom will get het CM last; It runs in the family. XD Oh, and Babs could get her own CMC episode about her and the Mainhatten branch (how ever you spell it.)

• Brohoof 1