Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there other zebras in Equestria?

Jamesblorg39welsh

I kind of like how mysterious her character is, but seeing her hometown would be pretty cool. This does make me wonder if all zebras speak in rhymes or just her. So much mystery. :huh:

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

It would be interesting if there were some more locations visited in the show. I wonder what they would call Zecora's home town, Zebra puns sound alot harder than pony puns.....Assuming they take the pun route that is

I kind of like how mysterious her character is, but seeing her hometown would be pretty cool. This does make me wonder if all zebras speak in rhymes or just her. So much mystery. :huh:

A place where the inhabitants only speak in rhymes? I can't imagine a worse Hell.

I would like to see the mane 6 visit the Zebra society in an episode, it would be interesting. I don't think every single zebra would necessarily speak in rhymes though. That would just be annoying. Anyways, I like Zecora and I would love to see more zebras, maybe we could see her family?

Well, Zecora might be a zebra, but it was never stated where did she come from.
Well, it's obvious, I think: she came from Zebrabve.

And, taking it's current state, I wouldn't really want to see it. It was much nicer when it was Rodezebria.

Seriously, think about it: why did she choose to live in such a place as Everfree Forest? She is a refugee!

Edited by Declen

I also would like to see more about Zebra ponies. It would be very interesting to know more about them. As far as I know earlier generations, this is on of many things they lacked - ohter pony races based on real equine animals. Moreover, Zebras give a good opportunity to show a different land and pony culture and probably also to show more about ponies from saddle arabia - they can live in the same region.

• 1 year later...

not that we know of. But according to the Journal of the Two Sisters, there's a land of Zebras in a neighboring country, right past the Everfree Forest. Though the series map of Equestria and the IDW comic map of Equestria reveals there's really no such thing.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130403195243/mlp/images/c/cb/Map_of_Equestria_April_2013.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131201232927/mlp/images/0/05/Map-south_of_Equestria-scan-IDW_main_series_MLPFiM_comic_2.jpg

not that we know of. But according to the Journal of the Two Sisters, there's a land of Zebras in a neighboring country, right past the Everfree Forest. Though the series map of Equestria and the IDW comic map of Equestria reveals there's really no such thing.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130403195243/mlp/images/c/cb/Map_of_Equestria_April_2013.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131201232927/mlp/images/0/05/Map-south_of_Equestria-scan-IDW_main_series_MLPFiM_comic_2.jpg

I think it was just a colony who happen to live in an isolated part of the Everfree. No idea what could have happened to them, but I presume Zecora descend from them

I thought Equstria was more than one continent, so I would assume that the Zebra's are on another continent.  The Daring Do books have her going to places not on the maps you linked to so there have to be more areas.

I thought Equstria was more than one continent, so I would assume that the Zebra's are on another continent.  The Daring Do books have her going to places not on the maps you linked to so there have to be more areas.

well, the area where our girls traveled in Daring Don't seems to be beyond the Crystal Mountains, and it isn't shown on the map

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Most fan fics seem to assume Zebras are from another continent.  IIRC, in Fallout Equestria it is call Zebrica.  Since Twilight is the only one to have even heard of Zebras, it must be fairly far away.  I'm guessing there are a few Zebra diplomats in Canterlot, but not many in EQ, else the others would have at least heard of them (Ponyvill is a real hick town, but Cloudsdale is a big city + Pegasi fly all over EQ, controlling the weather)

• 1 year later...

As it stands it's a difficult question to answer without hard evidence, but there is one thing that will likely point to 'no.' Look at the gryphons; we will occasionally see them in some background settings here and there, but we never see zebras. While it's not definite, I have a hard to believing that there are more unless they like to hide from pony society.

I popped on the Wiki and apparently there are other zebras?:

"In [/size]The Journal of the Two Sisters, young Luna and a manticore named Melvin encounter other zebras in a dark part of the Everfree Forest. Like Zecora, they have cutie marks and all speak in rhyme."[/size]

So that's nice and I guess it also means that Everfree Forest is their homeplace, even if they're from somewhere else.

• Brohoof 1

I popped on the Wiki and apparently there are other zebras?:

So that's nice and I guess it also means that Everfree Forest is their homeplace, even if they're from somewhere else.

That bit from the Journal is a good point to bring up. It mentions the Everfree and I really have to wonder just how big the forest was at that point in Luna and Celestia's young lives; especially as neither Ponyville or Canterlot were founded at this point. I could see a tribe of zebra living there if that was the case, though if we consider the Journal canon (which there is some debate about that) it makes me believe they left at some point.

Nightmare Moon; perhaps?

There might be in others in small towns and villages around Equestria...  I mean we do have a map  and all but that is not to say every single settlement is marked upon it, so I am sure there are a few little towns and such where a Zebra or two might reside. I would love to see an episode featuring her homeland at some point in the future. In fact I forgot to add that too my list!