Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Tanks

NewCalamity

Oh goodie. Time to reinstall all my damn mods again =/. I hate when they update and I find out they changed SOMETHING in the game enough to make my game crash or not load with my mods. Then I spend the whole day trying to find the mod causing the issue and then try to remove it or find an update for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be honest. I haven't played the game in over two weeks. I just haven't found the time, and the novelty is wearing off. It's just not as addictable as it was before, maybe because I was forced not to play by vacation?

I'm going to be honest. I haven't played the game in over two weeks. I just haven't found the time, and the novelty is wearing off. It's just not as addictable as it was before, maybe because I was forced not to play by vacation?

I've been playing it for uhhh.....since the start of Closed Beta.

That being said I haven't played the game straight since then.  3 month vacations in the summer,  1 - 2 week breaks scattered in the year.    It's a game that can wear on you. HOWEVER once you get your fill of other games or just not tanks,  you will go back to it and be content,  everything just seeming better,  if you have to wait till after a patch, wait till after a patch, we're supposed to be getting them on a monthly bases now.

How's it go....if you love something, let it go,  if you come back then you truely love it?"   same idea applys.

Ah. I have lots of experience with being totally addicted to a game, then letting it settle and poof out(update) while I play another game. Then I hop back, and the nostalgic feels come back and I randomly switch on my pro-ness.

That's a good little quote right there.

I've been playing it for uhhh.....since the start of Closed Beta.

That being said I haven't played the game straight since then.  3 month vacations in the summer,  1 - 2 week breaks scattered in the year.    It's a game that can wear on you. HOWEVER once you get your fill of other games or just not tanks,  you will go back to it and be content,  everything just seeming better,  if you have to wait till after a patch, wait till after a patch, we're supposed to be getting them on a monthly bases now.

How's it go....if you love something, let it go,  if you come back then you truely love it?"   same idea applys.

I've been playing Battlefield Heroes, P4F, and BF3 since the closed betas. Yep, they were fun as hell. It just wore off because of the multiple hacks that ruined the fun, and after a while it just didn't seem fun anymore.

I've finally regained the motivation and spirit to start having a go at the game again.  One of those games that needs a two-month break or so every now and again.  Glad I'm back at it - still need to get myself my oh-so-coveted Jagdtiger and more.

Sadly, while on break my Premium has run dry, if I stick to it long enough, I'll think about adding more Premium time to my account some day.

Likely a big part of my re-kindled spirits is the fact I've been rather devoted to my YouTube channel again, which is odd.  The videos you folk might be interested in seeing sometime is the WoT gameplay series I've got on the go.  Simply just 1080p films with minimal editing of battles I deem respectable enough to record the replay.  After every video, I make sure to edit in the game's results for those curious as to how I performed compared to the rest of the teams, and what medals, commendations and credit/exp income I earned. 

Just recently actually, @Kyronea allowed their replays to be featured on my own channel with screenshots of the game's results as well, which is fantastic and very generous.

If anyone is at all interested, here's a short, silly clip I slapped together that I thought was rather amusing:

Now - off I go to earn some more experience on my British medium line.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d6YtY8IHmE

One of the battles that NC is graciously hosting on his Youtube channel. There's a second one of me getting nine kills in a KV-1, but the video quality isn't quite as good.

This one I link primarily because of a great sniping position that it seems few know about, considering how well off I ended up being in it. I consistently have good performance there too.

What's fun about this video too is that, since I run the MLP compilation pack, the recording looks so different from how this was in game. In game it was all "Woohoo!" and "Wee, let's go!" with ponies happily cheering on my success.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 1

I've actually recently got interested in this game.

but have a few questions (though I'm sure some may have been answered)

1. How do you acquire tanks?

2. Is there a camera mode that sits you inside the tank vs viewing it in 3rd person?

1. How do you acquire tanks?

Through the grinding of credits and experience down various nationality's trees and branches from Tiers 1 through 10.  As shown here:

GermanTree.jpg

2. Is there a camera mode that sits you inside the tank vs viewing it in 3rd person?

There is no detailed internal camera view.  The closest to an "internal" view you get is the gun's optics when you are aiming a shot.  Beyond that however, the crews of the vehicles are not visible at all, even on open-topped vehicles such as this Dicker Max:

img-1154514-2-DMax.jpg

True. Cool, I want to go to a tank museum in Germany.

I went to one in the US, Illinois, last summer. They had a bunch of sweet pieces, a couple of M60s, and a M1 Abrams.

They had some ancient pre-WW2 artillery pieces, y'know, the ones with big wheels. I'll try to upload some of em. It was cool cause you could climb all over them!

I'll upload more of them after I get home tonight.

I hope this appeases your fancies! :D

post-4536-0-50598300-1360323983_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-31125900-1360323999_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-76816800-1360324021_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-33298100-1360324041_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-53851100-1360324059_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-46484300-1360324074_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-78951600-1360324090_thumb.jpg

post-4536-0-75029600-1360324112_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hay guys just slap your hoof on that keyboard right there and put down your Usernames for World Of Tanks!

Plans are hoping to get an entire platoon (15 Bro-tanks!)

So we can take on the onslaught of humans and their metal bawkses!

No specific tier its just for fun! Also slap down your Tier and Tank :D

I'm first then :3

Draco_Alucard96

Pz38na Tier V

Working on to the Tiger Tanks >:D

ROLL OUT! ~ <3 (btw, follow this thingy right here and add every other pony too! /)Twilight_tank.jpg

• Brohoof 2

FallOfNight

Alecto       IV

Hetzer       IV

Crusader  V

B1             IV

I'm already part of a clan, but feel free to add me!

Also, I may not always be on. Just so you know. ;)

FallOfNight

Alecto       IV

Hetzer       IV

Crusader  V

B1             IV

I'm already part of a clan, but feel free to add me!

Also, I may not always be on. Just so you know. wink.png

Oh its fine, I only put down my primary, I have a T-28 Elite stat, Bison Elite and a Stupz II :D also, so much money :3 See you on the battlefield! wacko.png

• Brohoof 1

Oh its fine, I only put down my primary, I have a T-28 Elite stat, Bison Elite and a Stupz II biggrin.png also, so much money :3 See you on the battlefield! img-1330880-2-wacko.png

I have more tanks, but I mostly use those ones that I posted... I don't have a favorite out of them. XD

My Primaries I put as the Crusader and the B1, but I may add the Alecto to it. And I am working on the French TD line, now. I still only have the T2 tank, but I'm getting there...

I have more tanks, but I mostly use those ones that I posted... I don't have a favorite out of them. XD

My Primaries I put as the Crusader and the B1, but I may add the Alecto to it. And I am working on the French TD line, now. I still only have the T2 tank, but I'm getting there...

I REALLY wanna go onto the American Heavies.. but I had a KV-1 not long back and.. everyone.. was a heavy... EVERYONE! its not alotta fun either when your cannon is the equivalent to a potato gun and you move so slow that your afraid you might actually reverse... heavy as hell armour though...

• Brohoof 1

I REALLY wanna go onto the American Heavies.. but I had a KV-1 not long back and.. everyone.. was a heavy... EVERYONE! its not alotta fun either when your cannon is the equivalent to a potato gun and you move so slow that your afraid you might actually reverse... heavy as hell armour though...

I really like my B1, despite my hate for it previously. And that Alecto and the Hetzer are both INCREDIBLE when you aren't facing Tier VIs. I once even fought against Tier VIIIs, I think...

(edited)

Add me: "Chigens" NA server.

ARL 44 / VI

ELC AMX / V

M4 Sherman / V

T49 / V

Cromwell / VI

AT-2 / V

VK 3001 (P) / VI

Hetzer / IV

I'm pretty much always online if you want to add me. Just send me an invite whenever and we can party up smile.png

Pz38na Tier V

That's a Tier IV tank btw wink.png

Edited by Chigens and Kay
New tank.
  • Brohoof 2

ARL 44 / VI

ELC AMX / V

M4 Sherman / V

T49 / V

Cromwell / VI

AT-2 / V

VK 3001 (P) / VI

Marder II / III

I'm pretty much always online if you want to add me. Just send me an invite whenever and we can party up smile.png

So you still have the Marder?

That means I'll be able to use my Hetzer and the Alecto (and soon the Renault UE 57) to play!

I'm working on the AT2. I don't like the M8A1, but I'll have to use it to get the T49 and the Hellcat...

So you still have the Marder?

That means I'll be able to use my Hetzer and the Alecto (and soon the Renault UE 57) to play!

I'm working on the AT2. I don't like the M8A1, but I'll have to use it to get the T49 and the Hellcat...

I sold my artillery to get it to play with another friend of mine. Also doubles as working my way to to get the Hetzer and whatnot.

I'll be out of it very soon though.

• Brohoof 1

I sold my artillery to get it to play with another friend of mine. Also doubles as working my way to to get the Hetzer and whatnot.

I'll be out of it very soon though.

Out of it to get the Hetzer?

No worries. I have maybe 3 Tier IVs, meaning I'm set. I'm working on getting another Tier V or a Tier VI soon...

ARL 44 / VI

ELC AMX / V

M4 Sherman / V

T49 / V

Cromwell / VI

AT-2 / V

VK 3001 (P) / VI

Marder II / III

Nicely done good sir!

and thanks for the correction fellow tanker :3

as for Nightfall the Hetzer... is one of those tanks that piss you off but it gets insanely bigger like the M3 Lee... Good overall but.. the first gun.. you can't get the exp to actually improve and even if you do its still fucking terrible o.e! but aside from that Im sure you've been one-shotted by a damn Hetzer a few times scouting out in the first minute and a half... I have the WoT ad on this thread btw... :3 feel proud people!

Oh and if this all kicks off ... we will need a name too! So if the new guys on this thread have slapped their Tanks down we, then slap some names for the platoon and then everypony can vote for it!

what about..

World Of Bronies..? Eh :D ?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nicely done good sir!

and thanks for the correction fellow tanker :3

as for Nightfall the Hetzer... is one of those tanks that piss you off but it gets insanely bigger like the M3 Lee... Good overall but.. the first gun.. you can't get the exp to actually improve and even if you do its still fucking terrible o.e! but aside from that Im sure you've been one-shotted by a damn Hetzer a few times scouting out in the first minute and a half... I have the WoT ad on this thread btw... :3 feel proud people!

Yeah, once you get the 105 or 110 mm gun on the Hetzer, it becomes a beast. Seriously. I love it, when I'm not against too many Tier VIs. XD

EDIT: I just one shotted a tank... I think it was a BT-2. I know it had 350 HP, and the HP meter was full. When I shot, gone. I love the Hetzer!

Edited by Nightfall

Yeah, once you get the 105 or 110 mm gun on the Hetzer, it becomes a beast. Seriously. I love it, when I'm not against too many Tier VIs. XD

EDIT: I just one shotted a tank... I think it was a BT-2. I know it had 350 HP, and the HP meter was full. When I shot, gone. I love the Hetzer!

RIP :P

I LOVE Meduim Tanks, the type not those crappy American things o.e gah... so easy to kill with HE rounds e.e ahahahhahahahhahaha,...

• Brohoof 1

RIP tongue.png

I LOVE Meduim Tanks, the type not those crappy American things o.e gah... so easy to kill with HE rounds e.e ahahahhahahahhahaha,...

It was a "normal" round that killed the tank. That's what amazes me.

And that it was a one shot. I kinda got impressed and amazed, and I liked it.

Hello

Clihersen

Tiger 2 / VIII

Tiger / VII

Stug III / V

M3 Lee / IV

T 40 / IV

Matilda / IV

B1 / IV

These are my my Tanks at the moment , hope to see you soon on the Battelfield cool.png