Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Avatar Bending School (OOC)

Sekel

@@Alex Kennedy, @@Bright Bastion, @@Mint Drop, @@SpaceOnion, @@Torrent505, @@Zhooves, @@Snuggie Lord, @@Scribblegroove

Guess what!? The RP is finally up!! http://mlpforums.com/topic/114647-avatar-bending-school-rp/

Also, three more things to add.

1. There are two extracurricular activite for the students to take part in. They are Pro-Bending and Agni Kai.

2. Scribblegroove, I think we're going to need that student character you offered to do since Squirlz bowed out of the RP.

3. Make sure to follow the topic because some RPers may not mention you in their post. This is just a thing to make sure everyone is on track with the RP.

Edited by Dji
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dji,

May I ask something surrounding the setting?

Did you ever mention the location of this school? Like, is it at a cliff out towards the sea between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation? Is it in Republic City? 

Name: Kenji Miyafugi

Bending Ability (limited to two abilities): Fire/Air (Explosive Bending. Creates highly oxygenated air, then sparks it to make an explosion.)

Appearance: Tall, dark shoulder length hair. Pale complexion. Large brown eyes. Wears singed red and yellow hoodies and cargo pants.

Personality: He is considered Bipolar, as he first from calm to angry at a moments notice. He is actually a fairly nice guy, and he likes helping others when he can. When is is angry, he will challenge anyone.

Backstory: His gathering father was a demolition expert who used fire bending to set off charges. At sixteen, he started help his father, and soon began trying to find a way to make the job easier. During his research, he found out that a small spark in a highly oxygenated area, could create an explosion. He soon began to practice his bending skills, gaining more control with his air bending. Although he finally succeeded, the technique was difficult for him to perform at the time. After practicing, he finally made it easier, but it still takes massive concentration for him to combine the elements correctly. He recently sounds out about the bending school, and immediately enrolled, hoping to gain enough skill to perfect his technique.

Degree of Control over Elements: He has good control of both fire and air, depending on his mood. If he is in a good mood, he is at his best airbending. He has difficulty igniting his fire bending though. If he is angry, his fore bending will be his superior element. His explosion bending takes his utmost concentration currently.

Dorm # (1-10): 3?

I hope this works.

Name: Ulva Akhilesh

Bending Ability (limited to two abilities): Earth

Appearance:

Hair:Long brown with a chin strap chin hair

Eyes:Blue

Clothes: He wears a long brown trench coat with a green liner. He also wears a brown t-ishirt with somewhat torn green jeans

Personality: Queit and a bit moody most of the time. He also doesn’t trust people easily, but if you do gains his trust he can be very nice and kind

Backstory: He was born into family of travels and never made much finds and as such, he devolved some anti-social personality . Also since family were travelers they invested him into a teacher,but he was very old. Thankfully he did learn some basic earth bending ,before he passed way when he was 12 . He was very heartbroken at the loss. When he was old to go on his own his decied to move to Republic City to hopefully find another earth bending teacher that can teach him metal bending.

Degree of Control over Elements: Very little since he was only taught the basic and d he cant lift a boulder for his life and kind of sucks at combat as well n

Dorm # (1-10): 4

@

Your character is accepted. There were a few spelling mistakes but I'm guessing you posted this from your phone? The explosion bending is fine as long as it takes a massive amount of effort to use. A Bipolar character would be good if done right and Dorm 3 will be perfect for him.

@@COBLoneWolf

Your character is accepted but I'm going to place him in Dorm 3. Okay?

Sorry for not posting my characters! Real life/school has been blowing up in my face since I got back from vacation and it's just now starting to calm down.
 I'm finishing them up on my phone, but for now I'll go post as Mizuko. 

@@Dji,

So... I'm not really sure what Tehret should be doing right now, since he's the only one in his dorm, and the students haven't been given any instructions yet. Should I just have him wander around and look for somebody to talk to?

Also, if we still need another student OC, I can add another one. I've been thinking about it anyway, especially after you mentioned that Agni Kai was going to be an after school activity (Of course, that means I'd end up with three firebending characters, which is weird, but whatever).

@@Dji,

Fair enough. If Mint Drop ends up having another student, can they be in dorm 8? I'd rather Tehret not be alone. Unless she doesn't want to be in dorm 8, I guess. But... I don't know, just a suggestion. Or something.

I was actually considering entering one of my OCs to Dorm 8. I'd be happy to give Tehret some company. :3

Name: Aonani Kiyo

Bending Ability : Airbending.

Appearance: Aonani is a bit small for her age, being short and thinly built. She has long, unruly, light brown hair, and medium brown eyes. She prefers to wear traditional Air Nomad clothes (Looks similar to Avatar Yangchen's "outfit.")

Though this isn't exactly a part of her appearance, she is mute, and has been learning sign language (I'm assuming it would be a thing at this point - she can't have been the first mute or deaf person in the world - or she would have made something up herself) since she was young. If the person she is trying to communicate with doesn't understand what she's trying to say, she will resort to writing everything down.

Personality: Aonani is very shy, but still makes an effort to communicate with others. She gets very flustered when others don't understand her sign language, or don't understand that she is mute. She's calm, polite, and not likely to get mad, as she doesn't have much of a temper at all.

Though she can't bend very well, she takes her Air Nomad heritage seriously and practices most traditions done by the Air Nomads of Avatar Aang's time, and earlier, including meditation.

Backstory: Aonani was born and raised in the Eastern Air Temple, her parents being born into families that were non bender-gone-Airbender after the Harmonic Convergence of Avatar Korra's time.

Her family was enthralled with traditional Air Nomad customs, and practiced them.

As a child, she didn't mind practicing meditation and the like, being an unusually calm girl, and as she became older, those customs became nature to her.

She started learning Airbending at a young age, but never quite got the hang of it. She and her parents stayed at the Air Temple for quite some time, until she was into her teens, and moved to Air Temple Island in Republic City. From there she continued working on her weak Airbending, and started looking around the city for educational opportunities, in hopes that she could go to a school to learn more about Airbending.

Degree of Control over Elements: Weak. She can't bend very well, and can only make short, weak bursts of air.

Dorm # (1-10): 8. I think it will be interesting :3

Name: Sanuye Lian (Nicknames are Sanu and Sae (best friend somehow thought of it) She will only let close friends call her Sanu, and only her best friend is allowed to call her Sae)

Bending Ability : Firebending, Airbending (I'd like her to invent some sort of way to mix them into a sub-element)

Appearance: Sanuye is tall and lean, with long arms. She's fairily fit, about average. She has long, messy, red hair almost always kept up in a ponytail. She has amber-coloured eyes. Her arms are always covered in bandages, from the hands up almost to the shoulders.

She is most usually seen in a red tunic with two dark orange belts crisscrossing at the waist. Underneath is a lighter orange, flowy shirt with sleeves that go halfway down her arms, and light yellow tights.

Personality: Sanuye is naturally very hotheaded and competitive, but after starting to meditate every day, she's not quite as quick to anger.

She's very interested in traditional Air Nomad customs and the like. When not angry or annoyed, she is pretty friendly and laid-back. She's very tomboyish and likes most sports, but some she prefers to watch rather than participate in. She tends to make friends fairly easily; she is confident in social situations and when meeting new people. Then again, most people just become the kind of friends that you wave to or maybe say "hi" to in the hall, but don't really hang out with.

When provoked or annoyed, she can get very snappy and feisty.

Backstory: Sanuye was born in a small Fire Nation-based village, to a Firebending father and non bending mother. She had no idea for quite some time that she was capable of Airbending, but took on Firebending easily at a young age. As a child, she was very outgoing, albeit hotheaded.

When she was about 12, some teenagers in town thought it would be a funny idea to light someone's house on fire and see how long it would take them to put it out. By chance, they chose Sanuye's house. She and her parents awoke to flames surrounding them and debris falling. On their way out of the house, a large chunk debris caught her father, trapping him. Sanuye's mother didn't notice until quite a few paces later, but Sanuye did, and stayed to try to move the fire away from him with bending. Instead, she ended up Airbending by accident and blowing away a bit of the flames, but not enough. By that time, her mother had noticed, but flames had spread, enough to separate mother and daughter. After prompting from her father, Sanuye ran for her mother, again Airbending some of the flames out of the way, but not enough. By the time the two made it out of their house, Sanuye and her mother had several burns Sanuye's worst being up and down her bare arms. That is when she began wearing bandages on her arms.

For many reasons, Sanuye and her mother immediately scraped up as much money as they could and moved to Republic City. Afterwards, her mother tried her best to homeschool her, but they both knew that Sanuye was more interested in Bending than typical education. And so, they started looking for schools, or at the very least, bending tutors.

(Of course, they felt regret for leaving Sanu's father, but they tried not to dwell on it.)

(Sanuye once visited Air Temple Island, and learned how to meditate there. She began to meditate daily.)

Degree of Control over Elements: She's pretty decent at both, but her Airbending is on the weak side.

Dorm # (1-10):wherever you want her.[

Here is a picture of her that I slaved over for hours:

post-14040-0-24230100-1416156285_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mint Drop
  • Brohoof 1

@@Mint Drop

Both characters are accepted, Too bad I can't colour or draw really well as I think that picture is fantastic! So Sanuye wears bandages on her arms at all times? She can be placed in Dorm 8 as well. I'd rather fill up the dorms we currently have first before filling up new ones.

Also, you can start posting now. I'm guessing you were waiting to post all three characters before starting in the RP?

Here is a picture of her that I slaved over for hours

It shows. Admittedly I pretty much think anyone else's drawing is good because my own drawings are so awful, but that in particular is awesome.

And thanks for giving Tehret some company. I have high hopes for this dorm.

@@Mint Drop

Both characters are accepted, Too bad I can't colour or draw really well as I think that picture is fantastic! So Sanuye wears bandages on her arms at all times? She can be placed in Dorm 8 as well. I'd rather fill up the dorms we currently have first before filling up new ones.

Also, you can start posting now. I'm guessing you were waiting to post all three characters before starting in the RP?

Great, thanks! She sometimes replaces the bandages with new ones. It was originally to heal and hide her burn scars, but now she mostly wears them out of habit. Her arms feel naked without them on.

That's part of why I haven't posted yet. The other part is writer's block ^^'

• Brohoof 1

Too bad I can't colour or draw really well as I think that picture is fantastic!

OH!I just noticed that comment! Thank you ^^'

It shows. Admittedly I pretty much think anyone else's drawing is good because my own drawings are so awful, but that in particular is awesome.

And thanks for giving Tehret some company. I have high hopes for this dorm.

Haha, thanks! I'm sure your drawings aren't awful c:

No problem. I'm actually just about to post as Aonani now. This will be interesting.

I think he did because the mentions of him aren't working even though they're clearly working for everyone else.

Most likely banned. You can't access his account anymore if you click his icon or name either.

Edited by Mint Drop