Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv List the children's/toddler's shows that you like and the ones that you don't.

CC_Maud_Pie

One's that I like:

Would MLP be considered one?

Arthur: I didn't watch this show that much as a kid, but I saw a few episodes recently after seeing Mr. Enter do an Admirable Animation on an episode that dealt with 9/11 trauma, and it's a lot better than I remember. They also did an episode from the perspective of someone with aspergers syndrome, and they got that down perfectly.

I also kind of like Blue's Clues in a nostalgic way. 

Other than that, I haven't watched a lot of toddler shows in years.

One's I dislike (Off of memory)

Barney and Friends: Why did I ever like this show? This is one of the stereotypical toddlers shows. The characters are either annoying, or have the personalities of rocks (wait, rocks have more personalities than any of the kids on this show). The plots were way too simplistic for any enjoyment. The songs, were extremely annoying. What's worse is that they would constantly sing in every episode and would sometimes just repeat the same songs. Also, this show can be creepy if you think about it. A bunch of kids hang out with a dinosaur with no one else in sight and this dinosaur constantly touches them and hugs them and stuff. Yeah, too many unfortunate implications.

Dora the Explorer: This one is even worse. Where at least Barney and Friends tried to do something different in every episode, Dora the Explorer is literally the same thing every episode, just with a different location to go to. They also repeat songs a lot more than Barney and have a lot fewer. Dora has to keep constantly asking the audience where the location right in front of her is, and asks in the most annoying, ear-bleeding voice ever. Oh, and this show has a "villain".  I say "villain" in quotes because Swiper the fox does not really qualify as a villain in my eyes. He is stopped by the phrase "Swiper, no swiping!" (Wow, great message to kids, if a thief is robbing you, just yell that and they'll go away). Even when he does get the thing, he just throws it somewhere where they can easily find it. Bottom line, how is this show still running?

• Brohoof 1

Some of my favourite recent childrens' TV shows include:

• Woolly & Tig
  • Topsy & Tim
  • Katie Morag
  • Sarah & Duck
  • Dipdap
  • Sofia the First
  • Andy's Wild Adventures / Andy's Dinosaur Adventures
  • Grandpa in my Pocket
  • Old Jack's Boat Doctor Who fans ought to check this out!
  • What's the Big Idea?

There's also a whole lot of stuff I remember fondly from my own childhood, such as Scooby Doo, and The Mysterious Cities of Gold (have I mentioned that one enough times recently?).

Edited by Vital Spark

Fun fact, Barney and Friends used to be a late 80's to early 90's show called Barney and the Backyard Gang. It was more descent than the one we're familiar with, but still pretty bad. Also, Barney looked different back then. Anyone remember this?

Fun fact, Barney and Friends used to be a late 80's to early 90's show called Barney and the Backyard Gang. It was more descent than the one we're familiar with, but still pretty bad. Also, Barney looked different back then. Anyone remember this?

I didn't grow up at the time, but I had VHS tapes of Barney and the Backyard Gang. It was slightly better since at least it had slightly more adventurous episodes. Though if I remember correctly, Barney looked extra creepy in there.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't grow up at the time, but I had VHS tapes of Barney and the Backyard Gang. It was slightly better since at least it had slightly more adventurous episodes. Though if I remember correctly, Barney looked extra creepy in there.

Yeah, he looked creepy but more dinosaur-like than the newer one.

• Brohoof 1

Like: 

-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

-Arthur

-Thomas and Friends (S1-8, 17+)

-Blue's Clues (to an extent)

-My Little Pony G1 (to an extent)

-Shining Time Station

Dislike:

-Barney and Friends

-Thomas and Friends (S9-16)

-Dora the Explorer (I don't need this! I have Spanish class!)

-Chuggington

-Boobah (will guarantee your child nightmares for life!)

• Brohoof 1

Like:

- Arthur

- Mr. Roger's Neighborhood/Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

- Sesame Street

- Curious George

- Courage the Cowardly Dog

Dislike:

- Spongebob

- Lazy Town

- Dora the Explorer

There's probably much more on this list that I'm not remembering. Don't really watch TV to know what's all out there, now days.

Actually, I saw Barbie: Life in the Dream House on Netflix, and that show has a nice sense of humor.

• 2 months later...

Even though I'm 12, I still watch Dora the Explora (I do watch more grown-up shows too, like Dr. Who)

Clifford the Big Red Dog

The Wiggles

Totally Spies

Like:

- Arthur

- Mr. Roger's Neighborhood/Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

- Sesame Street

- Curious George

- Courage the Cowardly Dog

Dislike:

- Spongebob

- Lazy Town

- Dora the Explorer

There's probably much more on this list that I'm not remembering. Don't really watch TV to know what's all out there, now days.

Actually, I saw Barbie: Life in the Dream House on Netflix, and that show has a nice sense of humor.

Awesome topic.

My favorite kid shows are:

Kipper

img-3301707-1-tumblr_mg6zuzsrC41rtymhjo1

Oswald

img-3301707-2-Oswald.gif

Blue Clues

img-3301707-3-blues-clues-coloring-pages

Now the show I despised, hate, and down right think is terrifying is:

BOOBAH!

img-3301707-4-boohbah-party-ideas.jpg

I used to get scared when Boobah came on, they also had unoriginal names like Mr. Man and Mrs. Lady.

• Brohoof 1

Blues Clues, Bill Nye, Magic Schoolbus and PB&J Otter was my shit

Dora, Cailou, Barney, and Teletubbies though was just shit

• Brohoof 1

I had a vhs of it when I was a baby and since I was used to Barney and friends, it scared the crap out of me with the bad looking Barney costume and his low voice. By the way, Barney sucks and you should see the ratings it got on imdb.

I am okay with bill bye, old blues clues(nostaliga reasons), and the best out of the bunch, mister Rogers neighborhood.

And now the long list of crap: with parody names for each one(what they should actually be called.)

Barney and friends= stupid and phonies

Caillou= shut up spoiled brat

Little bill= (same one with caillou)

Dora the explorer= dorka the tardslporer

Boobah= poopah

Teletubbies= show for druggies

I haven't seen any newer baby shows, so there's nothing else to say.

P.s. Admit it, we all liked or was scared of Barney when we were little.

• Brohoof 1

Like:

Arthur.

Magic School Bus.

Busy World of Richard Scary.

Eureka's Castle.

Thomas the Tank Engine.

PAW Patrol.

Care Bears Family.

Sylvanian Families.

Dislike:

Dora the Explorer.

Thomas and Friends (HiT Entertainment).

Special Agent Oso.

Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Sofia the First.

Lazy Town.

Barney the Dinosaur.

• Brohoof 1

believe it or not there are actually some children shows I still like to this day....

G3 MLP- it kinda counts.... I like it because it is amusing and the characters are adorable

Backyardigans- its a show about children who play pretend in their backyard and have interesting adventures.... even for a children's show I still love the plots.... also as a kid I spent time in my backyard playing pretend with my siblings and friends

The Up Side Down Show- this show is just inexpiable funny... I have no idea why....

Blues Clues- this show was my younger childhood I loved this show so much... as of now I'm not obsessed with it but if I see it playing I will sit down and watch it 

as for shows I hate...

I don't really hate any except Cailou.... that show is just a piece of piss.... really any show about a normal child living a normal life will get old very quickly (at least Little Bill was interesting and it was similar, normal child living a normal life) to make things worse my youngest sister loved the show and would constantly watch it.... and at the time I slept in the living room on a pull out bed.... so you can tell I had a fun time

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The Up Side Down Show- this show is just inexpiable funny... I have no idea why....

Oh my!! I remember watching this show a lot because my younger brother used to turn on the TV and watch it on Noggin while I tried to do homework. It was two Australian guys doing random stuff that was enough to make children laugh. :lol:

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

In addition to my previous list I'll add that I like Milly Molly.

They are doing a reboot of Teletubbies 

I hadn't heard of that. The company that made Teletubbies has recently made something called Twirlywoos, which my son seems to like.

Good Childrens Shows I like:

Sesame Street(Rubber Ducky, your the one).

Pingu(NOOT NOOT!!! or in my case NUG NUG!!!).

Cult Classic Shows like Trumpton, Astro Farm, Thomas the Tank Engine and Rainbow(I'm British).

The Animals of Farthing Wood, It was quite similar to Watership Down in some ways, it was basically Game Of Thrones with Animals, as they periodically get eliminated by dying. I used to collect vhs in volumes, because it was related to BBC Nature and they wanted it to be collected.

Redwall, The true Game Of Thrones with animals, made in an Elder Scrolls like universe, it's the inspiration for my acquiantance Kendo Virmir and Crimson Flag, which is in the same universe as Metamor Keep.

Katie Morag(She's a welsh girl who has some social issues).

Roary the Racing Car.

Shows that I hate.

Teletubbies, ugh, they are just so fat and lazy, and drink millions of gallons of tubby custard and millions of tons of Tubby Toast. No wonder they haven't suffered from cardiac arrest yet.

Peppa Pig, she's such an annoying brat and will ask her parents anything. Plus George always sounds like he says the world Inadvertently. She also has annoying oinking. She is literally a fat pig. Her Parents never discipline her.

Barney the Dinosaur, he never teaches children how to deal in emotional situations like Sesame Street, and is just so sappy.

• Brohoof 1

- Little Einsteins

- The Backyardigans (this show was the fucking shit man)

- Dora the Explorer

- Hi-5

- The Wiggles

- The Upside Down Show

Dislikes

- Sesame Street 

- Teletubbies

- Peppa Pig

• Brohoof 2