Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

The more I'm thinking about it the more I realise that I will probably never want children. Most children annoy me :') They whinge all the time, they're loud and they just seem like hard work. I like sleeping in and like spending money on cool things. I probably won't be able to do that with kids.

I have two nephews and I'm happy with that. Being an aunt is great.

People just find me not wanting children odd. I don't like how people have children for the sake of it and because they're expected to. I don't think it's right to bring a child into the world just because that's what's expected. 

Obviously if I had children I would probably feel different but I don't want to be in that situation.

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 12

I don't want children ever.  I've known that for a long time.  You know when you're little and you say you'll never have a baby some adults will be like, "oh, just you wait, you'll change your mind".  Yeah, well I haven't changed my mind!

Society totally does act like having kids is the normal thing to do.  And if you don't do it then you're not normal. I say buck that!

• Brohoof 17

Nope nope nope. Kids are great. If someone wants kids good for them. I don't want any, under any circumstance. Just not my thing, I'm not willing to put up with all the responsibility and stuff that comes with them, and I feel it'd be unfair to bring one into the world not really wanting one.

That so many people have kids without ever really thinking about it kind of bothers me at times. You should only have them if you really want them and are willing to care for them, not just because "It's what you do".

• Brohoof 7

I've put some pretty deep thought in to this, and in the end I've decided no.

Why? Well my initial answer would be "I don't care", and that's not the kind of attitude to have if you wanna have a kid.

Besides, kids are a fucking pain to deal with when they're NOT yours.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I don't want kids. I have the same opinion as CandyStrike- people always tell you, "Oh, you'll change your mind when you grow up." I never have, and I don't think I ever will. 

Babies scaring me is about 10% of it.

• Brohoof 6

I want children. Gotta keep my legacy going after all.

Also curious how many people who "don't want" children are just people who don't have the option to do so.

I'm gonna roll with no... besides not having resources to raise them on top of all the worries and the stress of caring for them, there's also the fact that guy's float my boat and guys cannot get pregnant. Except for seahorses... you poor sods....

Also from a "legacy" prespective, lets see....

genetic baldness....

sis is ginger so possibly a carrier....

eye sight is poop

co-ordination is shot...

Only possible pluses I think of is that alot of my relatives have lived to 90-100 years old, memory and body intact and i'm blood type O which is abit rarer than the other types

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

They all say I'll change my mind, but I've decided I don't want children. Why? I already have way too many struggles to gain EVEN more for having a kid. One part of me think it's cute to love a child and be loved back, but I think it's more work than it's worth. Besides, it disgust me how way too many parents have children because they're expected, just thinking it would be like taking care of a pet, irresponsible, etc etc etc; and that influences my decision for not wanting kids, bot to mention the babies ever after trope in media doesn't apply as good as in real life 

I've read something, while it has language, it's worth the wisdom it provides: "Any idiot with a penis can make children, but few can be parents"  -_-

• Brohoof 2

Not a good idea for me to settle down and raise and care for an offspring of mine. I would probably be a neglectful, short-tempered, and psychologically damaging parent; putting it all into general perspective, I simply can't afford one in present time or anytime near in the future. I don't have the energy and funds for one realistically.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, I want children. My life in the future could be easier without them, but at the same time I honestly want a family.

Really surprised how humanity is going to deal with the future if there isn't enough children, anyways. Country aging is a pretty serious economic and demographic problem. Several Asian countries experience it because too many people are refusing to have children, and the ones that do have children very late and very few. Taiwan and Japan are pretty hard hit by it since its also affecting their education and labor system, causing a lot of schools to go down because of a lack of students and the elder are forced to retire at a later age to equalize labor gains.

• Brohoof 6

I have had times where I most certainly did, and then other times where I'm like "Nah". Nevertheless, I really don't think I ever should. I would have to have everything about my future figured out before even seriously considering it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Me and my boyfriend's genetics don't seem like the greatest things to pass on either. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, IBS, depression/anxiety, my boyfriend has Asperger's, Crohn's and depression/anxiety :/ My cousin also has schizophrenia.

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 3

Me and my boyfriend's genetics doesn't seem like the greatest thing to pass on either. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, IBS, depression/anxiety, my boyfriend has Asperger's, Crohn's and depression/anxiety :/ My cousin also has schizophrenia.

Adopt then. There's tons of kids who would be grateful. :)

I can't answer. At the moment I don't like children and find them very annoying but if I ever have the luck to get into a long lasting serious relationship I don't know if my view of it will change. I mean I haven't even finished college yet, I think I'd be able to get a clearer answer when I'm like 30 or something.

• Brohoof 2

No, I don't like being around children; they annoy me very much and I can't  stand to be around them for long. Plus they're expensive.

If, for whatever reason, I did want to have a child, I would almost certainly adopt. It seems a little... much to me to have children of your own when there are so many already living ones who need help :c

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1