Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I think with current circumstances and climate, I would say a hard no. I have never felt the need or want to have a children and don't really understand why some people romanticize it. I spoke with other family members and previous people that I've dated about this, but there's nothing that makes me want to have a child. Maybe it's me, but I think its irresponsible of people to have a children for no particular reason at all, other than to have them.

On 2023-08-29 at 4:13 AM, Twitchy-Tremor said:

I was always really bad with kids and will never want any but when my sister started having them I got better with them. It’s still a bit hard sometimes but i love them now. That still never want my own thought. 😆

16 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

I'm mixed on it. I'd honestly much prefer to just have a bunch of animals to take care of or foster instead, but if I were to have a partner who really wanted kids I'd be okay with it.

Weight till you get older when crippling depression crawls in and loneliness hits you. Then probably you'd end up wanting one. But that said make a mistake and that thing crawls out again.

So all in all make wise decisions.

8 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

Weight till you get older when crippling depression crawls in and loneliness hits you. Then probably you'd end up wanting one. But that said make a mistake and that thing crawls out again.

So all in all make wise decisions.

Ayyy I already have the diagnosed cripplingly depression. if anything it makes me wanna have one less because odds are the kid would end up mentally ill like me :').

• Brohoof 1

it's a life-changing commitment and frankly, with the effects of climate change and the ever-rising cost of living, bringing new life into the world has never been harder. i would assume you'd need a strong support network for the kid to have a halfway decent childhood.

poverty isn't fun. i just can't subject my own kid to such a thing willingly. it's one thing for it to be temporary, but years on end? no thanks.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t want kids like my own since the marriage and the commitment part are one thing I know I won’t be planning on. However, I do like the idea of adopting a child and raise them as a single father. I can’t seem express or feel love or show affection but when it comes to a child- hits me differently in a way I can’t explain it.  Not sure I will be a good father to  them, but I  have this unexplained deep sense of care and love towards kids- maybe because they’re pure or if they happen to be a troubled one, they’ll remind me of myself. And  I would give them the kind love that is healthy and not the twisted kind I or the child experienced. 

Maybe the main reason why I could possibly see myself adopting a child was at least I do it out of love. My expression of being born from my parents was the sake  of ‘fucking’. Yeah I don’t have any other word to say this but for  the child I will adopt will be out of love at the least. I think there will be no relationship or fucking necessary when there’s a child out there to be adopted under my care.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I would, but I lack the maturity to do so as is.  And it's better as some put it to regret not having kids than it is to regret having them and making them potentially feel like a burden.

Helping other family with their kids, is the best I feel I can do when given the chance.

• 3 months later...

No. I think I am mature enough to know that I do not want any children. In my opinion it's very irresponsible to do so considering how the current state of matters is in the world and that you need to have a great income and partner to support said children. It's a long and difficult commitment and some people think it's a game when it's not. I have dated different people and all I can say is that you need the right partner to help you in parenthood. Not everyone can be a parent much less a good one.

• Brohoof 2

Seeing as the birthrate in a lot of 1st world countries is going down I'd imagine there will be a lot of Nos. Bad wages with high expensives and bad work/life causes these things. As of personally, I don't see it ever happening.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:33 AM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I'm mixed on it. I'd honestly much prefer to just have a bunch of animals to take care of or foster instead, but if I were to have a partner who really wanted kids I'd be okay with it.

I still pretty much feel the same way. I just don’t think I’m really mentally stable enough to have a kid. And that’s not even touching on the world I’d be bringing a kid into.

It’s why the only way I’d even consider having a kid is if my partner really wanted one. And if I thought my partner would make a good parent.

I don't want any, hard being myself and rising kids cand be hard for people like me, that hardly have to myself (if I have any girlfriend, she may be focus on them than me, as me for her). Hard to rised them right, they could end up with/mess up by wrong people.

• 2 weeks later...

That's gonna be a long noooooooooooooo from me. My views are that the human race is simply too populated as is and it (the human race) has made it exceptionally difficult to make it all work. That's just the socio-economic aspect of it. Having children at all simply is not something I'm meant for. The way my mind works and the mental disorders I have, it would be a total disaster.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Do you want children?"  NO! :blink: 

full.gif

On 2023-08-29 at 7:28 AM, Treeglow Flicker said:

Still yes.

I've always wanted a daughter specifically. A little troublemaker who is a carefree idiot throughout their childhood. The sort that would bring home a skunk because she wanted a pet. Or glues their homework to the roof with no explanation as to why or how it happened. Or happily torment boys with giant spiders just because she has a crush on them. Then watch them grow up to see what direction they choose to sail in life and embark on whatever mad adventure that awaits them with all the regrets and glory that would become their beloved memories.

Sadly. That is one of the things I won't likely get to experience. I could always build a robot and teach it to feel I suppose.

Partial solution: You could buy a skunk plush and name it "Lil Stinker the Troublemaking Skunk". :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

The kids around where I live scream so much that I've started going deaf in one ear, definintely not going through another 18 years of that