Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I'd only consider adopting kids if I had a boyfriend or husband really wanted to. And I mean pretty badly, considering the fact that my issues and lack of ability in the area wouldn't make me a really good parent.

I could guarantee that unless he really took charge, that kid would have issues. I wouldn't be able to really interact with them, or able to show much affection to them for the first few months at least... Poor child would have to deal with that... 

Edited by ~Dusky~

Nah not really. Ironically I never wanted kids even when I was one myself. As somebody with massive sensory issues, a lot about babies and toddlers just throw me off. The stares, the smells, the noise... it is just that one thing I couldn't ever get over. Plus there's the potential physical/emotional/financial burdens that come with it. I'm pretty fine around kids once they're at the age where they're going to school, they start to become a little more funny and relatable for me. But babies and toddlers aren't something I'll ever really like honestly.

Maybe if I get over my sensory issues and if there's that 0.00001% chance of it happening, I would consider adoption instead.

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Nah not really. Ironically I never wanted kids even when I was one myself. As somebody with massive sensory issues, a lot about babies and toddlers just throw me off. The stares, the smells, the noise... it is just that one thing I couldn't ever get over. Plus there's the potential physical/emotional/financial burdens that come with it. I'm pretty fine around kids once they're at the age where they're going to school, they start to become a little more funny and relatable for me. But babies and toddlers aren't something I'll ever really like honestly.

Maybe if I get over my sensory issues and if there's that 0.00001% chance of it happening, I would consider adoption instead.

Apparently, school aged kids are mostly the high point, while toddlers and teens are the hardest :huh:. Precisely the stages I hate the most :mlp_icwudt:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:39 PM, Thuja said:

Y'know, the more I think about it, the less I want kids these days.  I'm perfectly fine with having a pet but kids?  Nope nope nope...

PETS FOR THE WIIIIIIN. I’m getting a rottie, and a yorkie, both girls  :fluttershy:.

Anyway, I had enough of children at my leasing agent job. I can’t stand them  :dry:. Worst are the parents letting them do whatever they please  :unamused:. Besides, I’ve started life past my mid 26, and I’ll be 28 in a few weeks, so I have too much to catch-up to to waste time and money in children  >_>

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

PETS FOR THE WIIIIIIN. I’m getting a rottie, and a yorkie, both girls  :fluttershy:.

Anyway, I had enough of children at my leasing agent job. I can’t stand them  :dry:. Worst are the parents letting them do whatever they please  :unamused:. Besides, I’ve started life past my mid 26, and I’ll be 28 in a few weeks, so I have too much to catch-up to to waste time and money in children  >_>

I have a perfect little angel of a cat.

The gym I go to has a lot of kids coming in because of the pool they have.  I get exhausted just listening to parents trying to wrangle their kids, I couldn't imagine having to go through with that for the rest of the day.  Also, the random screaming, what's up with kids randomly screaming?!

Happy early birthday btw!!  I'm turning 28 this year too, in August!!

Edited by Thuja
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I have a perfect little angel of a cat.

The gym I go to has a lot of kids coming in because of the pool they have.  I get exhausted just listening to parents trying to wrangle their kids, I couldn't imagine having to go through with that for the rest of the day.  Also, the random screaming, what's up with kids randomly screaming?!

Happy early birthday btw!!  I'm turning 28 this year too, in August!!

Oh my god, legit. I don’t understand having to go through that and later say “it’s the reason for living” or some other corny nonsense like that  :dash:. And yeah, random screaming, running by stomping (neighbors have complained for an eternity about that), and kicking the elevator..... I have more reasons to NOT have any kids  :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Despite all the stereotypes with parenting and children, I would absolutely love at least one little human by my side. I unfortunately can't have biological children but adopting a little girl from a neglectful family seems like the better option. Keeping a little one close to me while singing a lullaby has been a dream of mine for some time now. 

I'd love to have kids someday...but no more than two. :laugh: And definitely not until I'm married and completely ready for that sort of commitment. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I am still genuinely unsure if I want to have kids. On one hand I enjoy my freedom, and don't know if that sort of commitment is right for me, or if I'd be good dad material. On the other hand, since I had a pretty lousy father, it would give me a chance to do what he didn't, and that would be to be the best possible dad I could be, and show that I'd be able to do what he couldn't.

At the end of the day, if I do end up having a kid one day, I'd do my absolute best to provide for them, and do everything I can to raise them properly and teach them all I know.  

I wouldn't actually mind children some day, assuming by some miracle I manage to find a girl who actually likes me. Only one child, though. Maybe two if she would want that.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou

No way. The reasons are many:

1. The children don't get a vote and life is hard.

2. The planet's full.

3. They're a huge expense.

4. They take up ALL your time.

5. My genes suck.

6. It really just doesn't appeal to me. I like my nieces and nephews for a few hours and then I'm happy to have alone time again. A kid who never goes away sounds like such a major hassle.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

A kid who never goes away sounds like such a major hassle.

LOL, I had to deal with one such annoying kid who wouldn’t stop making messes by touching anything he saw. Hell, not even the mom slapping him would deter him to keep grabbing any pen and ripping apart sticky papers  :dry:. Children? Hell no

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want kids, I don't really think life is the greatest thing, and so it doesn't seem fair to me to force someone to have to suffer for the reason of me wanting a child. It seems selfish. Of course you can raise them into a happy life too, but I'd rather focus on my life instead of kids.

I just posted here recently, I know, but my opinion has changed slightly. I'm starting to sort of want to adopt a kid, maybe. My opinion changed after watching an episode of Criminal Minds. Specifically, the episode where Agent Morgan's kid is born and he leaves the BAU to take care of his little boy. :) I don't know why but it made me think that I might sort of want to adopt one (because I don't need my bad genes going around, plus it helps a kid in need :D Oh and also two guys can't reproduce).

I had a girl about 11 years ago, but she's no longer with us. I would love to have another child though. The older I get, the stronger that feeling gets. I just need to convince my husband.

Edited by Sunset Rose
  • Brohoof 2

On 2/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, Fluttershutter said:

No way. The reasons are many:

1. The children don't get a vote and life is hard.

2. The planet's full.

3. They're a huge expense.

4. They take up ALL your time.

5. My genes suck.

6. It really just doesn't appeal to me. I like my nieces and nephews for a few hours and then I'm happy to have alone time again. A kid who never goes away sounds like such a major hassle.

Exactly. I have taken steps to make sure I can't have kids. Not that I would ever have the chance, but just in case.

• Brohoof 1