Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

• 1 month later...

No. Maybe if at some point I'll have enough money to retire early, I would consider finding a girlfriend/wife and she would either be a single mother or we would adopt. I do not want to play the lottery, I would rather "choose from a menu" :).

• Brohoof 1

Definitely not. At one point my parents tried to force me to find someone and have a kid just so they could have grandkids, and it was one of the biggest arguments I've ever had with them, since they acted like it wasn't my choice. Other than that everyones kids where I live are the most annoying, loud, troublemaking bunch ever to the point that the noise has sent me to A&E 3 seperate times for hearing pain after listening to them screech outside my house all the time. I refuse to go through another 18 years of that

• Brohoof 1

Very smart messages from above. Really. I completely agree but everything happens in life.. If you said me it question 3 years ago, I would say: "absolutle NO! Children is a really big problem in human life!!" I don't know. Children somehow strengthen the family or people. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted children, unfortunately I'm unable to have my own biokids because I'm transgender (MtF) and my partner is a cis guy

I could adopt but I worry my parents and grandparents, or my partner's family might not really see any adopted kids as their family

• 9 months later...
(edited)

Back at home. I would have had a bunch of kids with my sister. Since most of the problems in this family have to do with context. The change in our natural environment and costumes.

But because the family interfered. That was not possible. So, we became our own children. And in doing so, we destroyed the family. And it was to be expected, since our natural behaviour had been disrupted.

Still, we are doing fine. It could have been great, because we could have been a real family with mine included. But this was their idea, after all. So, I had to do it. It needed to be done.

In a way. My little bumkin is here with me now. But my unborn kid has taken the shape of this painful emptiness that tears everything apart. And we are not done, yet. Since he is whispering into my ear that there are still some accomplices within my own family. And he is getting hungry again. So, we are gonna feed their lives to him. Little by little.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

(edited)

Welp, the longer I'm stuck where I am (single and broke), the more that answer is transitioning to "no". Not that I don't want to, but I feel like that "ideal" time to have kids is slipping by me. It's not entirely late, but it can be..

Would be an easier decision if I was stable at this point in my life, but it's continuing to look un-promising. The rug is getting pulled underneath me.

Edited by DubWolf

I want a child but I think I would prefer adopting, the birth process looks to be incredibly painful, even I myself as a man think so and I almost fucking certainly don't want to put my future wife through that. So for a TL;DR answer, yes I want kids but I would prefer adopting or fostering.

I’m working on my second child right now. When people talk to me about how difficult it seems or how messy or noisy it is, I can only say they shouldn’t knock till they’ve tried it. Sure, it’s work, but far more than that it’s the most rewarding thing in life. No one likes to work a job, but they deal with it because they want money. Having children does more than simply fulfill a requirement like paying the rent; it’s a higher calling that expands everything in life. It’s having responsibility for another person who loves you unconditionally and shares a bond with you on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level. This is LIFE we’re talking about, not just some hobby that may or not be fun enough to justify the time. It’s worth it, trust me! 

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’m working on my second child right now. When people talk to me about how difficult it seems or how messy or noisy it is, I can only say they shouldn’t knock till they’ve tried it. Sure, it’s work, but far more than that it’s the most rewarding thing in life. No one likes to work a job, but they deal with it because they want money. Having children does more than simply fulfill a requirement like paying the rent; it’s a higher calling that expands everything in life. It’s having responsibility for another person who loves you unconditionally and shares a bond with you on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level. This is LIFE we’re talking about, not just some hobby that may or not be fun enough to justify the time. It’s worth it, trust me! 

I'm so happy for you, Dreamy. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I'm leaning toward yes now. I've been back and forth on this over the years, but now that I'm in my mid 30s, I think my brain is like "You need to have a child, now!" But truth be told, I won't be having a child, I'd prefer to adopt. No reason to bring a new life into this messed up world when there are so many children already born who are stuck in agencies and need a loving family.

I've told my mom my intentions, but it will be a while still. For sure, I'll be moving first, and I will need to get financially stable before I can even begin to think of this. I also have lots to work on with myself. Also, I'm scared of being a single mother, but I don't think there's another way for me.

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't want to have any. Don't get me wrong, I think children are wonderful and in a perfect world, I would love to have them. The problem is that I have a lot of health issues and those are things that I don't want to risk passing down. They've caused me enough stress and I can't stand the thought of making my child deal with all that.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Cash In said:

No, I don't want to have any. Don't get me wrong, I think children are wonderful and in a perfect world, I would love to have them. The problem is that I have a lot of health issues and those are things that I don't want to risk passing down. They've caused me enough stress and I can't stand the thought of making my child deal with all that.

I'm just wondering but have you ever thought of adoption? That way you can still have children without risk of passing down any health problems to them, and there are plenty of children out there who would love to be in a loving home with you.

6 minutes ago, Theautisticrebel said:

I'm just wondering but have you ever thought of adoption? That way you can still have children without risk of passing down any health problems to them, and there are plenty of children out there who would love to be in a loving home with you.

I have thought about it and yeah, that's also a great option. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Still yes.

I've always wanted a daughter specifically. A little troublemaker who is a carefree idiot throughout their childhood. The sort that would bring home a skunk because she wanted a pet. Or glues their homework to the roof with no explanation as to why or how it happened. Or happily torment boys with giant spiders just because she has a crush on them. Then watch them grow up to see what direction they choose to sail in life and embark on whatever mad adventure that awaits them with all the regrets and glory that would become their beloved memories.

Sadly. That is one of the things I won't likely get to experience. I could always build a robot and teach it to feel I suppose.

• Brohoof 1