Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you even turn on your TV?

Alex Z

While my mom still watches TV (both cable and streaming), I don't watch my TV much outside of the odd sports, news, or other odd thing I can't get otherwise. Aside from that; I tend to go laptop or smartphone with streaming and such.

I only ever turn my tv on when I want to play my switch on it.  Sometimes I like looking up stuff on youtube and watching it on tv through my switch.  Like, looking for animal crossing ost playlists and listening to it while I do something.

• 10 months later...

I watch a lot on my tv, mainly youtube or tv/film streaming apps

On 2020-08-11 at 11:56 PM, Super Splashee said:

I keep CRT TVs and monitors because they will be impossible to get in the future, and they are after all, the real thing!

yeah, i wish that i was physically strong exclusively for them lol, cause i find that they have a much better picture, much clearer and more responsive

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My girlfriend has one but we haven't had cable since moving to our current place and it's just been stowed in a closet. I do so much on my phone these days that even when I saved up to buy a new laptop because my old one stopped working, I've barely used it. I even received a tablet and a smart watch as gifts over the holidays and I've never touched them because my phone just does everything!

I do plan for us to get a decent sized TV when we live elsewhere that's better for having company over for movies and whatnot.

Yeah, I use my TV fairly regularly, mostly for playing games or watching DVD's/Blu Ray's but also still to occasionally to watch terrestrial TV, I'd watch more TV if there was better quality content on it but the content's pretty poor now.

My family cut cable a month or two ago. I personally haven't watched much TV in years. I did watch a lot when I was recovering from a surgery, because I was stuck in bed for weeks. But since then, not really. I still turn my TV on to stream music while I sleep.

(edited)

I rarely ever watch any actual television anymore. Only sports like football I would watch on the television nowadays. Maybe I’ll check the local news on tv if something happens. However, I have my phone and computer to read articles and watch news online. 

Edited by StarlightNyars