Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you even turn on your TV?

Alex Z

I use my TV for gaming and to watch DVDs, and that's pretty much it. :/ The one in my room can't even access other channels; I never saw a point in adjusting it to do so, since I can just watch anything I'm interested in online.

• Brohoof 2

I do normally browse the comments before I comment.  However I am a part of a majority and say that I use it for gaming, Nutflix, Solu, and movies and tv show episodes I bought on Xbox Live.  I also use it for Youtube so that I free up a computer monitor.

Edited by Nit Pick
  • Brohoof 1

I don't watch TV. To be honest, I only sit there if my brother's watching and I feel like annoying him.

I have a TV in my room which isn't connected to Fios, so I use it for gaming and YouTube vids.

• Brohoof 1

I have my own TV in my bedroom and to be honest, I rarely use it, even for video games (I've had two PS3s crash on me so now I'm using a PS2). I used it much more when I had my PS3.

I use it mainly during the holidays when the Christmas specials are on, and occasionally for NFL games. What's even worse is that I don't have cable on my TV (too expensive, we only have one cable TV in the living room), so the programming choices are much more limited, especially if you're into cartoons in which case the only choices are PBS and qubo. :(

The Internet is so much better.

• Brohoof 1

Giant HDTV, only I use it when I play that rare PS3 game. Which is only when company is over for Thanksgiving, and we only do Marvel vs. Capcom. So, discounting the holiday, it's never on b/c of me. 

The rest of my family however seems glued to it, watching it when we have supper in the front room. By now I just ignore the shows/movies and just try to hop onto the currently available desktop for some gaming, while I have a chance.

• Brohoof 1

I might be the only one here who actually uses their TV :lol:

I use mine to watch shows, or I leave it in the background while I'm on the Internet. I also use it to play video games on my Wii and GameCube. I don't watch DVDs on it much anymore.

What's a TV, you mean that black flat thing that sits in the corner of my room? Seriously though, I really don't touch it at all, the internet is the source for all digital media, however I will say I do sit down with my family or at some other place other than my house and watch it if someone else is, but at home and on my own will I would never use it.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, but just for the news, sports, and a handful of programs.  Most of the viewing I do nowadays is on my computer. 

Hopefully I'm prolonging the life of my TV by using it infrequently.  :)

I have my computer and my PS3 hooked up to my TV. But I rarely even touch my PS3 because of school, among other things. I havent touched my computer recently because it just stopped working, until last night. Last night I got on my new one I got for Christmas  :)

For the television itself, I do like turning it on every once in a while solely for white noise. When I'm feeling lonely, I need to surround myself with people's voices. I hate watching the news, though. Everyone's killing everyone, here. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't even have a TV anymore. With the improvement in internet technology, the current internet speeds cover just about anything a TV has to offer for me; news, on-demand videos, anything and more and i don't have to pay the bills for cables, even. What's more is i have a large HD screen (computer monitor that is), so watching media or connecting a console works just as fine.

Edited by Random Insomniac