Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have more respect for bullies than fake people

TheMarkz0ne

Lately I have been letting go of my restraints on how I feel towards people. I as of now have a new policy, 

Most humans are my enemies and I will treat them as such until proven worthy of my time. Experience taught me how truly fake people are. How they will let you down, how they will lie to take advantage of people. I lie out of defense, most people lie to get to places.

I respect a bully who harasses people more than the plastered on smile wannabee goody goody. 

Why? Because that bully is being who he really is, a lying, selfish, destructive and disgusting person that he or she is. Instead of lying and creating a second personalty to impress other people. The bully deserves to get a beating and put in their place, but at least they don't lie to me.

I will go up and shake the person's hand who actually bullies me and commend him for his honesty, the faker ain't getting anything.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 4

You commend bullies for being honest, when all they want to do is bring misery to others that have no ill will towards them. A 'fake' as you call them comes in many different forms and many 'fakes' are that way because of society, because of general opinion and their peers. Humans seem to have an instinct of wanting to fit in and be with the 'in-crowd' and if who they are does not meet that criteria, sometimes they might just fake it to get along. That is not the best idea for sure, but can one blame anyone that does that? We live in a society where public image is taken to extreme levels and we are scrutinized for every little detail.

I am not saying people should fake who they are, people should be themselves (unless they are...you know, completely unlikable due to being terrible) but if someone is not true to themselves, I don't automatically look down on them for it because there are most likely factors to it.

• Brohoof 13

I lie because I'm scared I'm scared because I'm bullied. 

I'm weak I have to fake at school I am not strong enough to be myself around people why? Because I'm afraid they they don't accept me. I am not that happy boy that I am here at school for example. And I create this wall because when I am myself I am very vulnerable. People can strike deep scars into me. I have couple scars already and they are so painful to think. I don't want them anymore.

I don't want to suffer. I rather live fake life and don't reveal myself to the people who I suspect that can hurt me. No one around me knows how I really feel. I've told more here on forums about me that anyone knows about me  Faking isnt good because hiding those feelings hurts me. But it's easier to write them down and press a button than it is to say them out loud

Edited by ooBrony
  • Brohoof 5

I know what it is like to be bullied, I have a very vivid memory of running down to the front office in my middle school crying because everyone picked on me because of my lazy eye...

Not fin, but this is a great topic, I believe that people should be who they want to be, and if others have a problem with it and they bring it up: they are ones with issues.They feel like being mean because they see something out of the ordinary. 

This is a weird world ya'll

-Apple Daze

• Brohoof 1

I have no hope anymore. I am beyond the point of caring whether there is any or not. I have no family to simply rely on emotionally. No friends I can love. I have been bullied and actually sadly bullied others in the past and I'm not going to waste energy into things we cannot fix.

I don't think your example has to be bullies, although it is a good one

Often, people have these "fake" personalities to protect themselves

Unfortunately I am guilty of that

Essentially:

For people I have just met: Silence. Reading a book, trying very hard not to be noticed (plus its normally a really good book)

For people I have known for a short while, a few months to a year: Can crack a joke with, laugh with and have fun with. But all the secrets and negative emotions are still locked. Slightly manipulative with them and therefore liked. 

For people I have known for years: I actually enjoy socializing with this person. Open, happy to talk about my hopes, dreams, failures and worries. Very close to being me. I know currently of a single person who I act this way with. 

Nobody I am fully open to, and there never will be but.

The "fake" people do have reasons for what they do, and honestly? Some people just need time to get to know you, to drop their barriers and actually be who they are. Some people have to be the fake smile wanabee goody goody, but if you get to know them they may not be so bad. If they are? Well.. shoot them, but yknow some people are fake because they don't want to get hurt.

I agree that there are different degrees to being fake. Some pretend to move along with life, not to inflict drama, but because they generally just want to fit in and not cause any issues by being their true selves. We as humans all just want to be accepted by our peers. Sometimes faking it seems like the only way to find that acceptance.

I can't condone and applaud bullies over someone being fake. Bullying, no matter the reason, is cowardly. It's a horrid thing to do to another person and only reflects the ugliness of the individual inside. I don't care if someone is being honest, there's a right and wrong way to express the truth or an opinion. Not considering someone's feelings and pushing somebody around is ignorant.

Bullies just hurt others for their own personally amusement and are far worse then fake people.  I had an absolute miserable time in public school and the problem was never the fakes, but the seemingly endless number of bullies who were intent upon making moment of every day as miserable for me as possible.  Fake people were just fellow students trying to lie low to gain a moments peace from all the bloody bullies.  If your even a bit eccentric in public school, being yourself is like carrying a neon sign around asking all nearby bullies to torment you.

Once people get out of high school they can start being themselves again, but 13 years of public education can often ingrain some terrible habits.  I can definitely understand how after 13 years of public school, some people would never be willing to drop their guard again to just be themselves.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, I totally have more respect for someone who harms others because of their own problems than someone who just acts "fake". 

No, but really some people have legitimate problems as to why they act fake, I personally have bipolar disorder, a noticeable personality disorder where I switch personalities nearly every day, and I have trouble showing emotions without my brain basically shutting down, so I could be counted as a "faker". Does that mean I deserve less respect than someone who actively hurts someone else? Fuck no. Bullies are awful people, end of story. 

I definitely have more respect for people who try to smile than someone who tries to make someone else frown. Also, let me say, if you had a bully, you would never shake their damn hand, if anything you'd want to break their hand. Some people lie because they can't control it, and some people fear rejection, that's just how it is. 

• Brohoof 7

i don´t like either of those people,i have less respect for bullies than for people who "fake" their personality, because that can mean a lot of different things.

the arrogant a-holes that try to manipulate people are, of course, not to be given respect,at all.although they are harder to identify.

Speaking from personal experience, I would take a "fake" person that a bully any day. The reason being that  while "fakers" can get annoying at times, they're still bearable. A bully however devotes themselves to hurting others weaker than themselves, while at worst a "faker" may only hurt others unintentionally. Therefore I would respect a "faker" far more than I would for a bully though depending on the person, that might not be much to begin with. 

I think you're wrong. About treating people as enemies i mean.

Iv'e been burned before, a lot, But I'm stronger because of it. I'd much rather give them the benefit of the doubt, make friends with them and see their true-selves when their guard is down than to cower and wait for them to strike me like a cobra. At least if they stab me in the back, i know it was coming. I'm not afraid of being lied to and betrayed because i prefer to take calculated risks and reap the rewards instead of playing it safe all the time. You're right about most of time people being worthless faking bags of meat wasting our time, but at the same time you might find the strangest of people to be quite the opposite.

Edited by Random Insomniac

There are fakers in defense, and fakers that are just assholes.

Bullies over asshole fakers, sure, but bullies over defensive fakers? Hellnah, and I don't believe that was your intention upon writing this up.

Most of us here are probably defensive fakers. I am, anyway. Sort of.

• Brohoof 1