• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I don't know. I know it was in late 2012, although I actually started watching the show in early 2013, during Season 3. I became a brony because of the Internet (duh). I was watching a video on YouTube when suddenly a related video with a light blue pegasus in it appeared. After that... Well, you know the drill.

After I watched the documentary back in February of this year

I had watched the show back in 2010, but I started it from the middle and was only able to to watch a few episodes, so it didn't stick as much

So this time, I saw it from the beginning and enjoyed it a lot more ^^

Bro, the exact same thing happened to me, only I watched it back in mid january. If it hadnt been for that kid at the end daring the viewers to watch it, I would still be creeped out by bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Bro, the exact same thing happened to me, only I watched it back in mid january. If it hadnt been for that kid at the end daring the viewers to watch it, I would still be creeped out by bronies.

haha I watched it because of all the clips of the show they aired in it

and I was like oooh, I wanna see what really happens in that episode

I became a brony thanks to the first mlp video i saw on youtube.Smile HD made me think twice about My Little Pony and give it a chance.My first episode was Gilda the brushoff i think.I inmediately got sucked into the show and loved it!

I watched the Bronies movie and decided I needed to see at least 1to3 episodes. Oh yea I was hooked from S1E1. OH, and I joined March 2014.

• Brohoof 1

Now, I'm not nor was I ever 100% accurate on this, but I've always made the month I became a Brony in October, but I knew the year was 2012. ^^

But how? Hmm. I guess like others, I just came to see what all the fuss was about this new show.

I seen on the internet this big deal about a bunch of bros liking Ponies, of course I thought it was silly at first, but decided to take an interest in it to see why.

I mean, I thought if other guys liked it, so would I. I did grow up watching Power Puff Girls (how ironic, right? ^^).

I can't for the life of me remember which episode was the first one I seen, I've always felt like it was something to do with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The more I think of it, the blurrier it seems to get. I'm fairly sure it was though, maybe Hearts and Hooves Day? I really don't know, to be honest.

Anyways, I watched it a few times and gained an interest, this is when my first favorite pony was decided in my mind, Applejack.

As hard as I tried to run, I kept thinking about the show (I had only watched a couple of episodes at that point, just on and off) and felt like I couldn't escape.

After a while of just sitting down to think about it, I decided I would actually watch the show to try and ease my mind. Maybe if I would watch a few episodes, maybe my mind would leave me alone on the matter.

So, I began watching Episode 1: Friendship is Magic.

After I watched all the episodes up to date (LOL!), I was completely hooked on this show, I wasn't sure if I was going to title myself "Brony", but I did know that this show was pretty awesome, and caught a majority of my interest.

Not too long after, I discovered the Brony community. Oh yeah, there went the next couple months of my life.

I actually heard a song I was extremely fond of, a little tune you might know called "Proud to be a Brony", by BlackGryph0n.

Over time, I became a little more public about the love I have for Ponies, starting getting merch and everything.

And that's how it all began.

^3^ - My story!

• Brohoof 2

I became a brony in January right before a con I decided "You know what? Let me give this a try. I hear so many good things about the show, I hear the community is great, and I loooove the music" best decision I made. I got my first merch at a con later that month ^^

*Typo fix*

Edited by Noire Panzer

I honestly was a hater of the show or anything to do with it until a new friend of mine introduced me to it. I gave it a chance and before too long I was hooked. I can now proudly say that I have a Fluttershy figurine (toy, but I consider them figurines for my age) sitting close by still in package (trying to keep it from getting dusted up or damaged.), and even decked out my firefox browser with Princess Luna, my android phones default being the MLP theme song, and even have ponies walking around on both my android tablet and phone!

Obsessed? I think so! Worth it? DEFINITELY!

I was a kid when the first MLP (yes, generation 1 OMG!) was playing on tv. I honestly don't remember too much about it, but remember, very clearly, that I wanted the pony toys from it.

As the years went by, I got older, my interests changed, I got away from MLP. When there was talk of a new MLP (FIM) this got my interest up. I'd seen little tidbits over the years of other MLP generations... did NOT get my interest at all. So, when the first couple episodes became available online (it's not like I was rushing to watch it, more like idle curiousity) I decided one day, why not sit down and give it a watch? It couldn't hurt. Not like I had anything else to do that day.

I liked it much to my surprise.

Now, even then, I wasn't really a "fan" of it, despite liking watching the episodes.

After a while, I started keeping an active eye out for the availablity of the newest episodes to watch. "Still not a fan, but I wanna see what else happens!"

A year later "still not a fan of it", or so I kept telling myself.

Then my niece and two nephews asked if I could share some of the new MLPFIM episodes with them. Why not, I figured? Not like it was really any sorta loss.

They loved it. My niece, a bit artistically inclined, wanted some MLPFIM pictures to color and bases to trace from. Again, not like I really had a lot going on, nor that it took any real time to find and print these out to her. Not a big deal.

And so, here I am.

3 mini figures sitting on my pc desk alongside my mini TARDIS. It's taken me a while to fess up to myself that I am actually a fan of the series now and I don't regret it. Especially not after the day I was in a Wal-mart and the cashier admitted that she liked MLPFIM too. I was like *thinking silently to myself* 'O_O OMG! REAL LIFE PEGASISTER?!' This is a bit of a shock to me. I live in the middle of nowhere's-ville. It's nice and quiet, but darned difficult to find fellow SuperWhoLock'ers or MLPFIM'ers. We exchanged DA addresses, I finally broke down and drew up a ponysona for myself, and ... so... yeah..

^_^U

I'm not a hardcore fan, and am only beginning to call myself a Pegasister (would still rather be called Pegabro or Brony), but hey, at least now I can own up to the fact that I like the show and am, on however small of a scale, a fan of it. (...though i'm not gonna be shouting it from the rooftops any time soon.)

Now.. if I could just buy a shirt with the words "PARTY CANNON" written on the front, my life would be complete.... until the new seasons of DW and BBC Sherlock start up again. o___o

Edited by Dx121

Back in november of 2013 my little pony: friendship is magic was not my thing.then in march 2014 (about 2 weeks ago) i decided to watch a few episodes of mlp:fim because i was bored and then i got into it. Now i am trying to watch every episode in order since i recently started. I am not a hardcore brony though.

I remember stumbling across Ponychan in 2011 (I was 12 at the time) and was curious, but I didn't really watch the show till about a few months later. 

I think even before that I saw a video of Fluttershy grinning and thought it was really cute. ^_^

In 2011 I was going through some hard stuff, my father had just passed away and I was down a lot because of it, one night my friend went "check out this really great show, it might cheer you up a bit" so she sent me a link to an episode on YouTube, it was the third episode of season 1, what for me hooked was the bright colours and the overall happy feeling I got from it, and through the mourning period it became a source of strength for me, MLP changed my life in a sense and I can honestly say I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for MLP

hehe the very episode I watched was the one that is your avatar @Its Rainbow Dash "Read it and weep". Towards the beginning of December at the start of my end of year holidays I was bored and I remembered one of last years grade 12 students was a brony so I was like why the buck not (although since I wasn't a brony then I didn't exactly use the work buck :P), because I didn't have anything against bronies and I liked animated shows I had no problem watching it and I started to enjoy the show more and more so I decided to have a mlp marathon... twice and once more for good luck two days later... and then I got bored waiting for season 4 to come out so I watched the first 3 seasons again... yea I have watched mlp a lot, and I still would happily watch them all again.

So yea that is how and sort of when I became a brony.

For me, it happened like this:

I became aware of the reboot show sometime around 2012. What really exposed me was the YoVideoGames YouTube channel, and their Assist Me! series. There's a recurring joke there that Dr. Doom is a brony. One of their videos was his meltdown over the cancelled Fighting Is Magic game. 

I will admit my sins here, and say around that time I held a conversation with a friend and told him while there are things I am a fanboy of and nerd out over, I didn't see the appeal of MLP:FIM or the brony subculture. I believe I even said I would never be one. Yeah, right...

Flash Forward: January 2014, and I am on a documentary kick on Netflix. It recommends I watch the docoumentary "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of MLP." I figured, why not? I watched it, and I became intrigued. The tipping point was seeing that Tara Strong and John de Lancie were involved, as I am a huge fan of both. After the documentary ended, I decided to see if the show was available to stream. 

I watched the entire first season in two days.

I got into MLP in a big way fairly recently.

I was subtly aware of the Brony culture when I was at University from 2010-2013. I've always loved things like Sonic, DBZ and Pokemon, but I originally thought that the idea of grown men liking MLP was rather odd, but this was before I'd actually watched it.

I happened to watch a few episodes of MLP FIM in 2011 with my then 5 year old sister and thought it was actually alright. The animation was goregeous and the voice acting was obviously good, but I didn't actually check it out properly myself until very recently, when I watched a documentory on Bronies. I realised that obviously, there must be something in it, and went away with an open mind and watched the first few episodes of FIM. Needless to say, I became hooked overnight and now I love the show. I wish I'd discovered it sooner.

I love watching the show - it's so funny and clever, and as an English Literature academic, I am fascinated by the characterisation and the contextual allusions and appropriations that the show makes. It's by far one of the most beautifully crafted shows I have ever seen. Originally, I said that I'd draw the line at toys, but now I've gone and ordered a Rainbow Dash beanie from Amazon :P

I've been feeling very anxious and depressed for the past few months. Personal problems and drama at work have been contributing to my stress levels. But since discovering MLP, I haven't had any horrible thoughts. I've felt happier, and I think it's because the show is happy. Sad as this sounds, I feel like I have a good reason to get up these days, and it's all since I started watching the show. MLP has given me inspiration for my academic and creative work. Currently I am writing an article for a journal on MLP, with several more also underwork.

I don't know if I'll ever call myself a Brony. I'm kind of against the idea of your personal tastes getting you a lable. I'm a guy who loves MLP, so maybe I am, but what is it that Spike says in S2 E20? Who you are does not have to be what you are?

• Brohoof 2

I love watching the show - it's so funny and clever, and as an English Literature academic, I am fascinated by the characterisation and the contextual allusions and appropriations that the show makes. It's by far one of the most beautifully crafted shows I have ever seen. 

As someone who has a BA in English Lit and an MA in Creative Writing, I have always been fascinated by the writing on the show. Each pony is so well-developed, and I love the themes and allusions. 

• Brohoof 2